Comprehensive List Of Words That Start With Wh
Asking questions in the English language would be quite difficult without words that start with wh. Words such as why, what, when, where, who, etc are Wh words, these words are used to start a question. Little kids are always curious and are bursting with questions on everything. This is why they need to be taught words that start with wh. Teaching w words for kids is important to enhance their communication, reading and writing skills.
Building a strong vocabulary for kids is crucial, so include these words for kids to improve their language skills. Once your child has learnt the letters of the alphabet, start teaching them simple words. Gradually increase the pace and start including more complex words in their lessons. Before long, you’ll have a wordsmith in your house. Here is a complete list of all the words that start with wh to boost your child’s language skills.
A List Of Words That Start With Wh
We’ve compiled a comprehensive list of words starting with wh to help your kids learn the words to form questions.
Commonly Used Words That Start With Wh
3 Letter Words That Start With Wh
4 Letter Words That Start With Wh
5 Letter Words That Start With Wh
6 Letter Words That Start With Wh
7 Letter Words That Start With Wh
Activities For Learning Words That Start With Wh
Young kids usually take their own time in learning so that they can remember the information accurately. So, you need to be patient and empathetic while teaching vocabulary words for kids. Involving them in fun literacy games for kids and hands-on activities make learning easy for kids. Some of the activities that help kids in learning words that start with wh are mentioned below:
- Crossword Puzzles: crossword puzzles for kids are one of the best tools to help children learn new words. This activity will also help in developing their critical thinking as well as problem solving skills.
- Act it Out: It’s a fun activity where kids will be given the opportunity to act out words that start with wh to their team members. If their team is successful in cracking the word, award them with points. The game will continue till the winner is declared based on the maximum number of points secured by the team.
- Quiz: Little children love games that involve trivia questions and riddles for kids. These activities add some good humor to vocabulary lessons and make them more fun. Here is a fun quiz on words starting with wh for kids.
- This word that starts with wh is the name of a large marine mammal. What is it?
- This word that starts with wh is the name of the object that helps vehicles move easily on the ground. What is it?
- This word that starts with wh means talking in a soft undertone so others can’t hear. What is it?
- This word that starts with wh is what we say to express surprise or alarm. What is it?
- What should you do to cream for it to become thick and fluffy enough to pipe or hold its shape?
Looking for more word lists? Osmo has a wide variety of worksheets, word lists, games and activities for kids. Check our kids learning section to know more.
Frequently Asked Questions on Words That Start With Wh
What are the Words That Start With Wh?
The Words That Start With Wh are Who, Where, What, Whoa, White, Whip, Whom, Whiz, Whey, Whales, Wheels, Whaler, Wharfs, While, Whole and Whether.
What are the 5 letter Words That Start With Wh?
The 5 letter Words That Start With Wh are Whips, Whirl, Wharf, Wheat, White, Whole, Where, Which, While, Whose, Wheel, Whale, Whisk, Where, etc.