Explore List Of Words That Start With Sh
Learn all the words that start with Sh to build a rich and varied vocabulary. Words are the building blocks of language that help us read, write and communicate. Words in the English language are made up of letters. Some words for kids are made up of a cluster or a bunch of letters that make the same sound. These words are called digraphs and trigraphs. One of the digraphs includes a significant number of words that start with Sh.
If the letters are vowels, they are called vowel digraphs and if the letters are consonants, they’re called consonant digraphs. For example, ch, sh, ph, th, etc. Learning consonant blends or consonant digraphs helps children to learn how to pronounce these words correctly. In this regard, you can conduct spelling games for kids where they can develop spelling skills for better learning outcomes. Here is a list of all the words that start with sh for kids.
List Of Words That Start With Sh
A rich and complex vocabulary makes way for great academic and professional success. So, once your little ones have learned S words for kids, use this list to teach them words that start with Sh.
Explore More Words That Start With Sh
Kids in kindergarten and preschool start by learning sight words, CVC words and simple 3 to 4 letter words. Here is a list of age-appropriate words that start with Sh for kids.
3 Letter Words That Start With Sh
4 Letter Words That Start With Sh
5 Letter Words That Start With Sh
Kids in early elementary school are slowly, but steadily building their vocabulary. They hear and learn more complex words. They can easily read some 5 to 6 letter words. Help your child build a strong vocabulary with this list of words that start with Sh for kids in early elementary school.
6 Letter Words That Start With Sh
7 Letter Words That Start With Sh
Kids in upper elementary school start reading in earnest. They can easily recognize and read multisyllabic words and complex words with 7 and 8 letters too. Expand your child’s Sh words vocabulary with this list of 7 and 8 letter words starting with Sh.
8 Letter Words That Start With Sh
Activities To Teach Words That Start With Sh
Learning new and unfamiliar words is difficult for little children. Here are some tips that will help you teach your child these Sh words for kids.
- Tongue twisters: Learning new words is always easy when it is taught through a fun game or activity. Tongue twisters for kids are a great way to help children learn new words that start with Sh. Help your child learn, “She sells seashells by the seaside” and other fun tongue twisters to learn Sh words.
- Visual cues and matching games: Help your child learn Sh words for kids by showing them visual cues and images. Visual cues and images help children connect a word to that object. For example: Seeing an image of a shirt or a shrub helps a child connect the word to the object. Once they are confident, you can test their knowledge by playing a word matching game.
- Phonics: Phonics is a great way to introduce children to the sounds of letters. Knowing the sounds of letters helps children break down and decode unfamiliar words. Learning consonant blends is not very difficult, but a systematic phonics instruction helps them learn consonant blends faster. Making learning consonants blends fun with these Phonics Games For Kids.
- Building blocks: Encourage children to learn words that start with Sh with the help of building blocks. You can write words on the blocks using markers and keep it in a box along with other words written on it. Now, ask kids to search and identify the words that start with Sh from the box. For example, Sheep, Shoes, Shop, Etc.
- Riddles: You can ask kids to solve the riddles for the words that start with Sh. For example, It’s a domesticated animal which provides wool. What is it? The answer is Sheep. You can prepare such riddles for kids where they can think critically about the answers and learn new words.
Benefits Of Learning Words That Start With Sh
Here is a list of reasons why you should teach your child words that start with Sh.
- Enables children to express their thoughts and feelings with others effectively.
- Promotes good communication skills.
- Develops vocabulary and language skills.
- Improves reading comprehension among children.
- Enables children to grasp information and think logically.
- Encourages children to persuade things in a much better way.
Frequently Asked Questions on Words That Start With Sh
What are the Words That Start With Sh?
The Words That Start With Sh are share, shop, ship, shine, shampoo, shining, shark, shave, shiver, shimmer, shabby, shore, shoreline, shadow, short, shortened, short, shift, shifting, sharp, sharpening, shortlist, shrub, etc.
What are the Words That Start With Sh For Kids In Elementary School?
The Words That Start With Sh For Kids In Elementary School are shake, shaky, shorn, ships, shook, shake, shale, shuck, shins, shoe, shoes, shred, shoal, shawl, sheds, shot, shots, etc.