Explore List Of Words That Start With Pro
Words are the building blocks of language. It helps us converse with people, express ourselves, read, write and listen to others. A word is the smallest unit of speech that has meaning and can stand by itself. Teaching words for kids is an important part of a child’s early education. A robust vocabulary is necessary for reading comprehension. Expand your child’s vocabulary with this list of words that start with pro. Learning vocabulary words that start with pro will help kids to expand their vocabulary and become proficient in English language. Besides this, you can also explore p words for kids.
Words in the English language are made up of smaller parts called morphemes. A morpheme is the smallest part of a word that has its own meaning. Morphemes can be further divided into root words and affixes. A root word or base word is a morpheme in a word, which gives the word its main meaning. An affix is a bunch of letters that are added to the beginning or end of a word to change its tense or meaning. However, kids must be introduced to words that start with pro so that they can get acquainted with all the words required for overall communication. Moreover, vocabulary words for kids will trigger a sense of confidence to converse fearlessly.
List Of Words That Start With Pro
The letters added to the beginning of a root word are called prefixes. Pro is a commonly used prefix in the English language. Here is a list of words that start with pro to improve your child’s word skills. The English prefix pro means “for” or “forward.” Here are some examples to help you understand.
- Progress: Move forward.
- Pro: For or in support of someone or something.
- Protect: Look after and care for someone or something.
- Propel: Push forward.
But not all words starting with pro have a prefix attached to them. Some words are root words with meanings of their own. For example, proof, prompt, probe, etc.
Commonly Used Words Starting With Pro
Here is a list of commonly used words that begin with pro.
Explore More Words That Start With Pro
Here are some of the simple words that begin with pro for kids.
3 And 4 Letter Words That Start With Pro
Here is a list of words that begin with pro for kids in kindergarten and preschool. Kindergarteners and preschoolers start by reading simple 3 letter and 4 letter words. Then they learn CVC words, sight words and some simple 4 letter words starting with pro.
5 Letter Words That Start With Pro
Kids in early elementary school know a lot more words. This is the year they start reading sentences and paragraphs. A robust vocabulary makes it easier for children to read uninterrupted. Help your child build an impressive vocabulary with this list of 5 words that begin with pro.
6 Letter Words That Start With Pro
7 Letter Words That Start With Pro
Kids in late elementary school would have already learnt several words. They know how to recognize and pronounce multisyllabic words and other complex words too. Here is a list of 7 words that begin with pro for kids in late elementary school.
8 Letter Words That Start With Pro
9 Letter Words That Start With Pro
Activities To Teach Words That Start With Pro
Some of the engaging activities that help kids in learning words that start with pro are mentioned below:
- Reading words that begin with pro: This is the best activity for kids where they can develop reading habits from a young age. You can ask kids to read short stories or essays that consist of words that start with pro. Then, kids have to mark or list down the words that they come across while reading. Based on the maximum number of words that they could mark will be awarded points. Also, explore reading games for kids.
- Writing words that begin with pro: To upgrade kids vocabulary knowledge, they have to practice writing for better understanding and retention of words that they are learning. In order to achieve this, you can ask kids to write a short paragraph or stories that consists of words starting with pro. Also, explore writing games for kids.
- Spelling games on words that begin with pro: Apart from reading, kids have to excel in writing the spelling of the words correctly. Therefore, you can dictate words or play crossword puzzles to teach spellings of the words that start with pro. Moreover, conducting spelling games for kids will improve their vocabulary as well as spelling skills.
- Pictionary on words that begin with pro: Kids are very fond of drawing and crafts related activities. Teaching words starting with pro with the help of drawing will be extremely beneficial for kids. Here, kids will depict the situations related to the given words in the form of drawing. The team members will have to guess the words in order to score points for their team. If they are successful in guessing the word, points will be awarded. With this activity, kids will learn new vocabulary words while having fun. Also, explore pictionary words for kids.
Benefits Of Learning Words That Start With Pro
Some of the benefits of learning words that start with pro are mentioned below:
- Develops good communication skills.
- Improves reading and writing skills.
- Enhances learning experience for better academic results.
- Enables kids to use appropriate words to make meaningful sentences.
- Develops vocabulary and language skills.
- Encourages children to speak fluently without hesitation.
Frequently Asked Questions on Words That Start With Pro
What are 5 letter Words That Start With Pro?
The 5 letter Words That Start With Pro are Progs, Proms, Prows, Prove, Probe, Props, Profs, Prove, Promo, Prose, Prone, Prone, Proof, Proud, Probe, Props, Proxy, etc. These are some of the 5 letter words that start with pro for kids.
What are 6 letter Words That Start With Pro?
The 6 letter Words That Start With Pro are Prower, Prowls, Promos, Prongs, Proved, Proves, Prover, Propel, Prompt, Pronto, Proper, Proven, Profit, etc. Kids can be introduced to these 6 letter words that start with pro.
What are 7 letter Words That Start With Pro?
The 7 letter Words That Start With Pro are pronoun, proverb, proceed, Propose, Produce, Promote, Propene, Proudly, Prosper, Prophet, Prodigy, Propane, Provide, Problem, Profane, Procure, Proctor, Propped, Proofed, etc. These are a few 7 letter Words That Start With Pro for kids.