A Comprehensive Guide To Words That Start With Je
The letter J is one of the letters that is not used very often in the English language. So you might think you can’t find a lot of words that start with J. On the contrary, when it comes to forming jazzy words, J is the crown jewel of the English alphabet. Jazz up your child’s J vocabulary with this list of words that start with Je.
Words That Start With Je
While some words that start with Je might be unfamiliar, little kids would have come across several simple words that begin with Je. Words like jet, jelly, jellybean are words that kids use and hear often in their daily lives. Here is a list of all the words that start with the letters Je to expand your child’s word power.
List Of Common Words That Start With Je
Here is a list of common words that start with Je that are used often.
Simple Words That Start With Je For Kids In Early Elementary School
Kids in early elementary school are just learning how to read sentences. They know how to read and recognize simple words. They can easily pronounce and spell 2, 3, 4 and 5 letter words. They aren’t completely unfamiliar with words that start with Je because they know words like jellyfish, jellybeans etc. Here is a list of 3, 4 and 5 letter words that start with Je to boost your child’s vocabulary.
3 Letter Words That Start With Je
Four Letter Words That Start With Je
5 Letter Words That Start With Je
Words That Start With Je For Kids In Upper Elementary
As they enter upper elementary school, kids learn multisyllabic words, compound words and big words. They easily learn and can confidently read 6, 7 and 8 letter words. Here is a list of age-appropriate 6, 7 and 8 letter words starting with Je for kids in upper elementary school.
6 Letter Words That Start With Je
7 Letter Words That Start With Je
8 Letter Words That Start With Je
Commonly Used 9 Letter Words That Start With Je
Here is a list of some commonly used 9 letter words starting from Je.
Tips To Help Your Child Learn Words That Start With Je
While kids will be familiar with a few words that start with Je, the majority of the words will be unfamiliar. Here are some tips that will help your child learn these words quickly.
- Learning words using images: Images and visual cues help a child connect the words to the object. It helps kids to learn the words faster when they understand what the word means. For example, showing kids images of a jellyroll, jerboas and jewellery will help them understand what these words mean.
Once they’ve learnt the words starting with Je, test their knowledge using a fun word matching game. Place images of several words starting with Je like jellybeans, jet, jewellery etc and ask your child to match the image to the word.
- Crossword and word search puzzles: Most children would rather play a game than sit through a lesson on words. So, you need to involve your child in creative learning activities to keep them engaged in the learning process. Crossword puzzles for kids and word search puzzles are wonderful activities to help children learn words that start with Je.
- Hangman: Hangman is a great game to help children learn words that start with Je. Additionally, the game helps children learn how to spell these words too. Spelling is a necessary skill that helps in developing better reading and writing skills.
- Quiz on words starting with Je: A great way to test your child’s vocabulary is to quiz them. Use fun questions to jog your child’s memory and test their knowledge of words starting with Je. Here are some examples to help you get started.
- This word starting with Je is another name for denim trousers. What is it?
- This word starting with Je means a precious stone polished for use as an ornament. What is it?
- This word starting with Je means colorful bean-shaped candies, which have a gelatinous centre and a firm sugar coating. What is it?
Looking for more words and vocabulary activities to aid in your kids learning? Osmo has a wide variety of activities, games, word lists and worksheets for kids – J words for kids, phonics games for kids and E words for kids.