A Comprehensive List of Words Starting With Ja
The letter j is the tenth alphabet in English language and makes the sound /juh/ in words like jam, jar, jelly etc. Once the kids are familiar with the alphabet, you can focus on teaching words that start with ja. Needless to say, help the kids master j words for kids before you teach them words that start with ja. Learning words will not only improve their vocabulary, but also is necessary to learn how to read, write and speak.
In addition to this, it’ll help them express themselves clearly and understand what others say easily. So, once your child learns how to talk, start teaching them words for kids regularly. Start with simple 2 letter words, CVC words, sight words for kids and then gradually introduce them to more complex words. Once they’re more confident, introduce them to words that start with ja.
A List of Words That Start With Ja
Here is a comprehensive list of words starting with ja to boost your child’s word skills.
Commonly Used Words That Start With Ja
3 Letter Words That Start With Ja
4 Letter Words That Start With Ja
5 Letter Words That Start With Ja
6 Letter Words That Start With Ja
7 Letter Words That Start With Ja
Tips To Teach Words That Start With Ja
If your child is easily distracted, you might want to explore different activities that can keep them engaged in their learning. Just memorising words that start with ja is not enough. They need to understand the words and use them in meaningful sentences. Include them in creative and innovative literacy games for kids to make learning words fun and also enhance their language skills.
Here are some fun learning activities and games you can use to help your child learn words starting with ja.
- Word Search: Word search puzzles are wonderful activities to boost a child’s vocabulary and word learning. Additionally, word search puzzles for kids also encourage kids to process their thinking abilities and problem solving skills. Involve your child in solving some fun word puzzles and help them learn words quickly.
- Fill in the blanks: One of the best ways to help children learn words that start with Ja is fill in the blanks questions. Additionally, this activity is one of the best ways to help kids learn how to spell the words too. Here are some fill in the blank questions to help you get started.
- J __ W
- J __ P A __
- J A __ I T __ R
- J __ I __
- J A __ M I __ E
- This word that starts with ja is the name of a mineral, which is used in jewelry. What is it?
- This word that starts with ja is the name for a short coat with a collar, long sleeves and a front opening. What is it?
- This word beginning with ja means to poke roughly or quickly with a sharp, pointed object.
- This word beginning with ja is the name of an east Asian country formed of a group of islands. What is it?
- This word beginning with ja means a person who cleans and takes care of a building. What is it?
Osmo has a wide variety of games, activities and worksheets that make learning very engaging and entertaining. Check our kids learning section to know more.
Frequently Asked Questions on Words That Start With Ja
What are the Words That Start With Ja?
The Words That Start With Ja are Jaguar, Jaded, Jackfruit, Jazz, Jawline, Just, Jawbone, Jailed, Jar, jam, Jammed, Jackknife, Jawbones, Jaundice, Jargons, etc.
What are the 6 letter Words That Start With Ja?
The 6 letter Words That Start With Ja are Jazzed, Jammed, Jailer, Jagged, Jargon, Jarred, Jailed, Jaggy, Jackal, Jaguar, Jacket, etc.