Words That Start With Con
Expand Your Child’s Vocabulary Using This Complete List Of Words Starting With Con
In the English language, words are the smallest units that help us read, write and speak. Once your child has mastered the alphabet, it’s time to educate them on words for kids. Learning a large number of words is necessary to expand your child’s vocabulary. Include words like words that start with con in your child’s vocabulary lessons to boost their word skills. A vast and varied vocabulary is a great tool that helps little kids sharpen their reading, writing and communication skills.
Words might be the smallest units of language, but they are also made up of smaller parts called morphemes. A morpheme is the smallest unit of a word that has a meaning. For example, consider the word unbreakable. The word can be broken down into “un-”, “break” and “-able”, each of these words is a morpheme. Morphemes can be divided into root words or base words and prefixes and suffixes. To learn more about root words, check root words for kids. A commonly used prefix is con, it means “with” or “together,” in this article, we’ll learn about words that start with con.
A prefix is a morpheme that is added to the beginning of a root word. It can be added to the main part of a word or the stem. Adding a prefix to a root word can add to or alter the meaning of the word or create a word altogether. For example, consider the word test. A test is a procedure intended to evaluate the quality, performance, or reliability of something. Adding the prefix con changes the word to contest. The word contest means an event or competition in which people compete to win some prize. Read on to learn more words that start with con to build an expansive vocabulary for kids.
Words That Start With Con
Once your child has learnt C words for kids, expand your child’s word power with this list of words that start with Con.
3 And 4 Letter Words That Start With Con
5 Letter Words That Start With Con
6 Letter Words That Start With Con
7 Letter Words That Start With Con
8 Letter Words That Start With Con
9 Letter Words That Start With Con
Learn About The Prefix Con
Con is a prefix that is found in several words in the English language. It means “together” or “with.” Here are some examples to help you understand.
- Connect: To connect something means linking something with another thing.
- Convene: Come together with people at a particular place
- Conclusion: Ending or closing everything thoroughly.
- Concede: Yield or give in thoroughly.
But not all words that start with con have a prefix attached to them. Some words like cone, conk, conch etc are standalone words without a prefix attached to them.
Tips To Help Your Child Learn Words That Start With Con
While a few words that start with the prefix Con might be familiar, kids will be unfamiliar with most of these words. Here are some tips that will help your child learn these words easily.
- Prefix game: Kids love participating in hands-on learning activities. Help your kids learn about prefixes using a fun and engaging prefix matching game. You’ll need two sets of flashcards, write the word con on one set of cards. Write words like text, vex, cave, tact etc on the other. Ask kids to match the flashcards to make new words. For more words starting with a prefix, teach kids words that start with Co.
- Crossword and word search puzzles: Help your child build their vocabulary with creative learning activities to keep them engaged in the learning process. Make learning words that start with the prefix con a fun activity with Crossword puzzles for kids and word search puzzles.
- Word Games: One of the best ways to make word learning fun is to use word games. Games like Pictionary and Scrabble are wonderful tools to help kids revise the words that start with con. Check out Pictionary words for kids for more fun words to play the game with your kids.
Frequently Asked Questions on Words That Start With Con
What are the Words That Start With Con?
Some of the Words That Start With Con are Confer, Convert, Conclude, Continue, Contest Concert, Context, Convey, Convoy, Confirm, Congratulation, Constitution, etc.
What are the 7 letter Words That Start With Con?
Here are the 7 letter Words That Start With Con, Control, Content, Contain, Context, Consent, Connect, Contest, Confirm Contour, Convert, Consort, Concave, conveys, etc.