Words That Start With Co
A Comprehensive Guide To List Of Words That Start With Co
Words in the English language are made up of smaller parts called root words or base words. Root words for kids are standalone words that cannot be broken down into smaller parts and carry their own meaning. Sometimes, these words can have prefixes and suffixes attached to them. A prefix is a bunch of letters added at the beginning of a root word. Co is one such prefix that is commonly used in English. Therefore, you can teach words that start with co in an entertaining way to the kids. Explore a list of words that start with co to improve your child’s vocabulary and language skills. Besides this, refer to c words for kids.
Adding a prefix or a suffix to a root word changes the tense and the meaning of the word. Sometimes, adding a suffix or prefix can create a new word altogether. It also changes a word from a noun or verb to an adjective or adverb too. Let’s learn about words that start with co for better understanding and comprehension. These words for kids will add meaning to the sentences for effective communication. However, you can check 4 to 8 letter words that start with co here.
List Of Words That Start With Co
The English prefix co is a Latin word that means jointly or together with. It also means auxiliary, assisting or helping. Here are some examples to help you understand.
- Coworker – a person who works together with you.
- Cohabit – living together with another person or animal.
- Copilot – a qualified pilot who helps or relieves the pilot but is not in command.
However, not all words that start with the letters co have a prefix attached to them. Some words like cow, coin, cot, color, etc are root words that have their own meaning. Here is a list of commonly used words that start with the letters co.
Explore More Words That Start With Co
Kids in preschool and kindergarten start by learning 2 and 3 letter words and some simple 4 letter words. They learn sight words and CVC words. Here is a list of words starting from co for kids in kindergarten and preschool.
- 2 And 3 Letter Words That Start With Co
- 4 Letter Words That Start With Co
- 5 Letter Words That Start With Co
- 6 Letter Words That Start With Co
- 7 Letter Words That Start With Co
- 8 Letter Words That Start With Co
2 And 3 Letter Words That Start With Co
4 Letter Words That Start With Co
For More Words, Visit Four Letter Words Starting With C
5 Letter Words That Start With Co
Here is a list of age-appropriate words that begin with co for kids in early elementary school. The list includes 5 letter words that start with co and 6 letter words that start with co.
6 Letter Words That Start With Co
7 Letter Words That Start With Co
Kids in late elementary school can recognize and read multisyllabic words, compound words etc. They come across complex words in their science and math lessons too. Here is a list of 7 and 8 letter words that start with co for kids in late elementary school.
8 Letter Words That Start With Co
Activities That Help In Learning Words That Start With Co
Some of the activities that help in learning words that start with co are mentioned below:
- Fill in the blanks on words that start with co: Here, kids have to fill in the blanks for the words starting with co. For example,
- C O _ L
- C O A _
- C O _
- C O A _ H
- C O _ S T
- Match the words that start with co: Regular practice of words will lead to better retention of words that they are learning. Therefore, you can provide matching word worksheets for kids. Here, kids have to match the word with their respective images. With the help of the images, kids will recognize and learn the words that start with Co. For example, Cow, Cot, Coal, Computer, etc.
- Solve the words that start with co: Kids are always curious to learn new things with the help of engaging activities. Therefore, riddles for kids are the best way to expand their critical thinking and problem solving skills. Here, they will be given a set of questions based on the words that start with co. Kids have to carefully think and solve the riddle. For example, It is a domesticated animal which provides milk and butter. What is it? The answer is Cow.
Benefits Of Learning Words That Start With Co
Some of the benefits of learning words that start with co are mentioned below:
- Improves understanding of the words that they are learning.
- Motivates children to speak and communicate with others fearlessly.
- Enhances learning experience for better academic performance.
- Develops vocabulary and language skills.
- Improves reading and writing skills among children.
Looking for more words and vocabulary activities to aid in your kids learning? Osmo has a wide variety of activities, games, word lists and worksheets for kids – C words for kids and Christmas words that start with C.
Frequently Asked Questions on Words That Start With Co
What are the Words That Start With Co?
The Words That Start With Co are Collide, Comfortable, Combination, Cousin, Comedy, Coffee, Confirming, Court, Comparison, Continuous, Compromise, Conditioner, Countryside, Conservation, Coordination, etc.
What are the four letter Words That Start With Co?
The four letter Words That Start With Co are Cosy, Coda, Cone, Coot, Coil, Cook, Copy, Cows, Code, Coat, Coup, Cork, Cobs, Coke, Cons, Cods, Cowl, Corn, Coin, Cole, Cola, etc.