Explore A List Of Describing Words That Start With An
One of the most commonly used prefixes in the English language is an, a variant of the prefix a. So, it is important that you teach words that start with An to your child. Words are a basic part of language, a good knowledge of words helps us read, write and speak effectively. A vast vocabulary helps us express ourselves clearly to others and understand what they say. These words that start with An will add more meaning to the information that you are communicating. Besides this, explore words that start with A to get a list of vocabulary words.
Words are made up of small parts called root words or base words, prefixes and suffixes. Prefixes and suffixes are a group of letters that are added to the beginning or the end of a word. Adding a prefix alters the meaning of the root word and creates a new word altogether. Let’s learn about words that start with the prefix an. To teach words that start with An, conduct spelling activities for kids where they can learn how to spell words correctly. Most importantly, these words for kids will contribute to better communication skills.
List Of Words That Start With An
Here is a list of commonly used words that begin with an.
Simple Words That Start With An For Kindergarten And Preschoolers
The prefix an is a variant of the prefix a, it means “not,” “without” or “lacking.” It is usually added to root words to form compound words such as anelectric, anaerobic, etc. Here are some examples to help you understand. However, not all words that start with an have a prefix attached to them. Some of these words are root words or base words too. For example, anger, animal, angel, etc
- Anemic: The word anemic means lacking enough haemoglobin or red blood cells.
- Anarchy: A social situation in a country without a controlling government.
- Anaesthetic: A drug used to ensure a person does not feel pain during surgical procedures.
Explore More Words That Start With An
Preschoolers and kindergarteners have just learned the alphabets and are slowly learning words. They start by learning 2, 3 and sometimes easy 4 letter words. Help your little one build an impressive vocabulary early with this list of words that start with an.
- 2 And 3 Letter Words That Start With An
- 4 Letter Words That Start With An
- 5 Letter Words That Start With An
- 6 Letter Words That Start With An
- 7 Letter Words That Start With An
- 8 Letter Words That Start With An
- 9 Letter Words That Start With An
2 And 3 Letter Words That Start With An
Here is a list of 2 and letter words starting with an along with their meanings.
|An||the indefinite article used before words beginning with a vowel sound.|
|And||a conjunction used to connect words of the same part of speech, clauses, or sentences, that are to be taken jointly.|
|Ana||anecdotes or literary gossip about a person; a collection of a person’s memorable sayings.|
|Ani||a glossy black long-tailed bird of the cuckoo family, with a large deep bill, which is native to Central and South America.|
|Ane||a suffix used to form the names of saturated hydrocarbons, such as ethane.|
|Ant||a small industrious insect, which lives in large and well-organized social groups|
|Any||a determiner used to refer to one or a number of things, no matter how much or how many.|
For More Words, Visit 3 Letter Words Starting With A
Words That Start With An For Kids In Early Elementary School
Kids in early elementary school are slowly starting to read whole sentences. They can recognize and read simple 4, 5 and 6 letter words easily. Here is a list of words beginning with an for kids in early elementary school to enrich your child’s vocabulary.
4 Letter Words That Start With An
For More Words, Visit Four Letter Words That Start With A
5 Letter Words That Start With An
For More Words, Visit 5 Letter Words That Start With A
6 Letter Words That Start With An
Words That Start With An For Kids In Late Elementary School
By the time kids start late elementary school, they learn how to read and write confidently. Along with English lessons, these kids come across big words in their math and science lessons too. Help your child build a rich and varied vocabulary to strengthen their reading, writing and communication skills. Here is a list of 7, 8 and 9 letter words starting with an for kids in late elementary school.
7 Letter Words That Start With An
8 Letter Words That Start With An
9 Letter Words That Start With An
Common Describing Words That Start With An
Here is a list of adjectives that start with an.
Activities That Help In Learning Words That Start With An
Some of the activities that help in learning words that start with An are mentioned below:
- Fill in the blanks on words that start with An: This is the best way to teach words that start with An for the kids. Ask them to fill the missing letters for the words given below:
- A _ D
- A _ Y
- A _ T I
- A N _ W _ R
- Riddles on words that start with An: Solving riddles is quite an exciting task for kids. This will help them to critically think about the question and come up with logical answers. You can ask kids to solve the riddles on words that start with An. For example, I am an insect who loves to feed on sugary items. Who am I? The answer is ANT. Similarly, you can ask riddles for kids to solve and learn new vocabulary words.
- Play Charades on words that start with An: This is a very interesting activity for kids to learn words that start with An. You have to ask kids to enact the words assigned to them for their team members. If they are successful in guessing the words, the team members will get the points. The game will continue until the winner is declared with maximum points.
Frequently Asked Questions on Words That Start With An
What are the Words That Start With An?
The Words That Start With An are Anonymous, Anywhere, Analyze, Another, Analgesic, Anti, Antarctica, Analysis, Antenna, Anorexic, Animated, Ancestor, Anemone, Annexed, Anaemic, Angry, etc.
What are the 6 letter Words That Start With An?
The 6 letter Words That Start With An are Ankles, Anions, Animes, Angles, Anglos, Angels, Anoxia, Anonym, Anlace, Annual, Answer, Anyway, Anthem, Anemia, etc.