Valentine’s Day is also known as the day of love. It is the day you show your love and appreciation to your loved ones by wishing them with sweet messages and gifts. But what does your child know about Valentine’s day? Valentine’s Day trivia questions for kids are the best way to help your child learn more about the day of love. These fun trivia questions for kids keep them entertained and also boosts their knowledge during the celebration. Playing trivia games for kids is one of the best ways to enhance their cognitive skills, creativity and brain development. We’ve compiled a list of amazing Valentine’s Day trivia questions for kids to help you get started.
50 Best Valentine’s Day Trivia Questions and Answers
Valentine’s Day trivia questions for kids is one of the best holiday activities for kids. Here are 50 Valentine’s Day trivia questions and answers for kids. Use these questions for kids to test your child’s knowledge of the celebration.
List of Valentine’s Day Trivia Questions for Kids
- Who is the symbol of Valentine? Answer: Cupid
- Which country grows more roses that are sold in the United States for Valentine’s Day? Answer: Colombia
- What do red roses symbolize? Answer: Love
- Who was Cupid’s mother, the goddess of love and beauty? Answer: Venus
- Which is the common color that you wear on Valentine’s Day? Answer: Red
- Whose favorite flower was red roses? Answer: Venus
- When is Valentine’s Day celebrated? Answer: February 14
- How many wedding proposals are made during Valentine’s Day? Answer: More than one million
- What is the number of towns named Valentine in the United States? Answer: Four
- What was the genre of the movie titled ‘Valentine’ released in 2001? Answer: Horror
- Which is the famous website established on February, 14? Answer: Youtube
- In which Shakespeare play, Valentine’s Day was mentioned? Answer: Hamlet
- Which is the monument referred to as the ultimate gift of love? Answer: Taj Mahal
- In which country, women traditionally buy chocolates for men? Answer: Japan
- Which is the famous fruit which is also known as love apple? Answer: Tomato
- In which year, St. Valentine was believed to be martyred? Answer: 269 AD.
- Whom did Cupid fall in love with? Answer: Psyche
- Who was a six-time Academy Award winner born on Valentine’s Day? Answer: Thelma Ritter
- Name the US State that produces the maximum amount of chocolates. Answer: Pennsylvania
- In which country will you find the oldest love poem written? Answer: Southern Iraq
- The goddess of love, Venus, was born from what? Answer: Sea-foam
- Which is the hormone also known as the love hormone? Answer: Oxytocin
- In which year, February 14 was declared as St. Valentine’s Day? Answer: 1537
- Who created the first box of chocolates for Valentine’s Day? Answer: Richard Cadbury
- Cupid is described as what? Answer: Blind
- Besides Valentine’s Day, which is the biggest day of giving flowers? Answer: Mother’s Day
- How many percent of people buy gifts for their pets? Answer: 27 %
- Which Latin word Valentine was derived from? Answer: Valor
- Who popularized the tradition of giving cards on Valentine’s Day? Answer: Esther Howland
- Cupid, the love of God, is depicted holding what? Answer: A bow and arrow
- How many Valentine cards are exchanged on Valentine’s Day? Answer: 1 billion
- Which King declared Valentine’s Day as a public holiday in England in 1537? Answer: King Henry VIII
- What is the name of the girl who planted an almond tree with pink blossoms beside the St. Valentine’s grave? Answer: Julia
- How many stems of roses are sold on Valentine’s Day every year? Answer: 189 billion
- How much does a person spend on Valentine’s Day on average? Answer: $ 160
- Who wrote the oldest-known Valentine’s Day messages? Answer: The Duke of Orleans
- In which city, letters to Juliet are sent every year? Answer: Verona, Italy
- What do yellow roses symbolize? Answer: Friendship
- On average, how many heart-shaped chocolate boxes are sold every year on Valentine’s Day? Answer: 35 million
- Which country celebrates Valentine’s Day as Friend’s Day? Answer: Finland
- How much money do Americans spend on Chocolates for Valentine’s Day? Answer: $ 1 billion
- On what the oldest living love poem was written? Answer: A Clay tablet
- What is accompanied by a bouquet of roses on Valentine’s Day? Answer: Chocolates
- Where do you wear your heart if you want to show your feelings? Answer: On your sleeves
- Which is the symbol that is illuminated on New York’s Empire State Building on Valentine’s Day? Answer: A heart
- Who receives the most Valentine’s Day cards? Answer: Teachers
- Which invention was patented on Valentine’s Day? Answer: Telephone
- What is the most common phrase used on Valentine’s Day? Answer: I love you
- Where do wooden love spoons carved and given as gifts on Valentine’s Day? Answer: Wales
- Which color rose symbolizes purity and innocence? Answer: White
Benefits of Valentine’s Day Trivia Questions for Kids
Some of the benefits of fun Valentine’s Day trivia questions for kids are mentioned below:
- Develops critical thinking and problem solving skills in children.
- Improves knowledge about the history and traditions of celebrating Valentine’s Day.
- Increases affection for the people they love.
- Develops questioning skills in children.
- Boosts confidence to learn something new.
Frequently Asked Questions on Valentine’s Day Trivia Questions for Kids
What are some of the Valentine’s Day trivia questions for kids?
Some of the Valentine’s Day trivia questions for kids are: What do red roses symbolize? When is Valentine’s Day celebrated? Who created the first box of chocolates for Valentine’s Day?, etc.
What are the benefits of Valentine’s Day trivia questions for kids?
Some of the benefits of Valentine’s Day trivia questions for kids are that it helps children gain knowledge about the customs and traditions of Valentine’s Day. Besides this, it enables children to develop critical thinking and questioning skills.