Valentine’s day is one of the most celebrated occasions across the world. It is a day when you can express your thoughts and feelings for your loved ones. Little ones can learn new vocabulary words related to Valentine’s day by learning poems. Learning Valentine’s day poems for kids is a great way to inculcate new words in their dictionary. These poems for kids will teach them how to express themselves and understand feelings of their loved ones. Check out some beautiful Valentine’s day poems for kids below.
Practicing Valentine’s Day poems will enable children to upgrade their vocabulary knowledge for better learning outcomes. Most importantly, it will enable them to explore their thinking abilities by understanding every phrase of the poem they read. Learning vocabulary words for kids will help them frame meaningful sentences by using appropriate words effectively.
Valentine’s Day Poems for Kids: Sweet Valentine’s Day Poems for Family, Friends and Pets
Here is a list of best Valentine’s day poems for kids that will help them learn about the celebration.
List of Short and Cute Valentine’s Day Poems for Kids
- Valentine’s Day Poem For Mom
By Joanna Fuchs
Mom is the most special person in a child’s life. There is no particular day for kids to express feelings for their mother. However, you can express your feelings for mom with a Valentine’s day poem by Joanna Fuchs.
On Valentine’s day, I think of you mom;
I love you really a lot.
In my life, that’s a full of many good things,
You’re the best thing I’ve got!
It’s Valentine’s day, so I want to say,
I’m the luckiest kid anywhere;
You’re the sweetest, greatest, best mom around
And I want you to know I care!
Happy Valentine’s day, Mom!
2. Valentine’s Day Poem For Friends
By Nellie Edge
Kids can express their love for their friend with the help of a Valentine’s day poem for kids by Nellie Edge.
Red hearts, white hearts,
Pink hearts too.
I like purple hearts.
How about you?
Green hearts, yellow hearts,
Blue hearts too.
I like rainbow hearts.
How about you?
3. Valentine’s Day Poem For Sisters
Sisters are the best gifts of god to kids. They are like two people with one heart. Kids love to express their feelings for their sisters on all special occasions. Here is a fun Valentine’s day poem for kids given below.
Dear sister, you are so beautiful,
All the things that you do are wonderful.
You treat people with love and care,
If anything happens to you, we can’t bear.
You make us proud everyday
And, you are our sunshine ray.
We love you with all our heart.
Now, it’s your time to start.
4. Valentine’s Day Poem For Brothers
Brothers are the best buddies of kids who are always there for them no matter what. On this special occasion, kids can express their feelings for their brothers in a cute way.
Brother, you are the best person in the world,
With a cute smile and the hair curled.
You are always there for me,
I will remain the same I guarantee.
Life is boring without you around,
And, I know your favorite color is brown.
Mom and dad love me the most.
Sometimes, I do like to boast.
5. Valentine’s Day Poems for Kids
By Joseph Ritson
This is the cutest and the most famous Valentine’s day poem for kids by Joseph Ritson.
Roses are red,
Violets are blue,
Sugar is sweet,
And so are you.
6. Valentine’s Day Poems For Friendship
Friendship is the most special bond between two people. Kids love to express their feelings for their friends in a creative way. Therefore, you can check out this Valentine’s day poem for friendship.
Friendship is a bond,
between you and me.
Can we meet up,
Because I’m in a hurry.
You support me throughout,
regardless of place and time.
There is no one like you,
who loves eating raw lime.
You’re the best buddy for life,
And will always remain the same.
If you are ready,
Let’s go out for a game.
7. Valentine’s Day Poem For Parents
By Joanna Fuchs
Parents show love and care for kids all the time. Here is a Valentine’s day poem for kids by Joanna Fuchs.
Mom and Dad, along life’s path,
Your love has shown the way.
For the guidance you have given me,
I’m thankful everyday.
You’ve always been great parents;
I am glad you both are mine.
Deep in my heart, you’ll always be
My favorite Valentine.
8. I Love You More Than Applesauce
By Jack Prelutsky
I love you more than applesauce,
Than peaches and a plum,
Then chocolate hearts,
And cherry tarts,
And berry bubblegum.
9. Happy Valentine’s Day to my Dad
By Joanna Fuchs
Dad you are my favorite man,
And I sure want you to know,
I’ll always respect and love you, Dad
No matter how big I grow!
I’m lucky to have you as my dad!
I love you
10. A Valentine to a Little Child
By Evaleen Stein
Dear heart, on this thrice-blessed day,
Thou my sweetheart be,
The rose of love shall bide always.
Upon the red-rose tree.
And in the garden of my heart.
So ceaselessly shall shine,
The little birds will know thou art.
Mine own true Valentine.
Tips for Teaching Valentine’s Day Poems to Kids
Below are a few tips to teach Valentine’s day poems to kids.
- Recite poems in a rhythmic way.
- Use simple and understandable Valentine’s day poems to teach.
- Use real life examples or topics to teach poems for kids.
- Teach about the importance of Valentine’s day through poems.
- Recite the poems loudly so that they can easily understand what you are trying to say.
- Teach children poems on a regular basis.
- Encourage children to write their own poems on the topics of their choice.
Benefits of Learning Valentine’s Day Poems for Kids
The benefits of learning Valentine’s day poems for kids are mentioned below.
- Develops language skills: Learning poems will enable children to develop their language skills. With this, they learn to understand and interpret information more effectively.
- Improves vocabulary: Poems help children to learn new words and boost their communication skills. Kids will be exposed to words that are important to them for their vocabulary.
- Understands rhyming words: Poems enable children to learn rhyming words necessary for expressing ideas and thoughts in an effective way. Although rhyming words sound similar, kids will understand that their meanings are different.
- Develops cognitive skills: Learning poems will help children to understand the structuring of sentences, formation and sequence of words.
- Builds reading and writing skills: Incorporating poems for kids will help them to build their reading, writing and listening skills. With recitation of poems, they will be able to develop listening skills. Additionally, they will be able to read and comprehend information expressed in the form of poems more effectively.
- Develops creative thinking: Poems are the expression of ideas and feelings on different topics. Learning poems will enable kids to think creatively and come up with innovative ideas. Poems will encourage kids to express their thoughts in a creative way.
We hope these Valentine’s day poems for kids were useful to you. Check our kids learning section for more poems, activities and other learning resources.
Frequently Asked Questions on Valentine’s Day Poems for Kids
What are Valentine’s day poems for kids?
These poems are expressions of feelings and thoughts for your loved ones. You can express your love for your mom, brothers, sisters, friends,etc.
What are the benefits of Valentine’s day poems for kids?
The benefits of teaching Valentine’s day poems for kids are that it helps them in learning new words, structuring sentences followed by development of vocabulary and language skills.