Are you looking for fun games to keep your kids entertained at a Valentine’s Day party? If so, we’ve got you some of the amazing Valentine’s Day games for kids. These games are going to make your children enjoy Valentine’s Day with full attention and interest. This day is celebrated across the world with great enthusiasm and zeal. Children like to express their love and appreciation for parents, friends, classmates, teachers and people around them. These games are a great way for them to express their feelings and emotions in a fun and entertaining manner. To conduct these fun games, you do not require costly materials or spend lots of money on the games. No matter how many children you have, you can conceptualize these games in a fun way.
Valentine’s Day is all about the expression of feelings to the people you love. On this day, children make beautiful cards and write wishes for their loved ones. Besides Valentine’s Day crafts for kids, you can make them learn new things by asking them to actively participate in games so that they can develop essential skills. These activities help in developing critical thinking, problem-solving, analytical thinking, creativity and communication skills. Therefore, you can make your children’s Valentine’s Day special by conducting Valentine’s Day games for kids.
Fun Valentine’s Day Games for Kids
Needless to say, fun games drive children crazy at parties. To make their day a memorable one, you can conduct Valentine’s Day games for kids. Sometimes, they don’t care about the party decorations, sweets or crafts. They just need engaging activities that can keep them entertained throughout the celebration. Here are some of the amazing Valentine’s Day party games for kids given below.
List of Valentine’s Day Games for Kids
- Musical chair: Children just love songs and they can groove to music all day. To keep them entertained, you can conduct a musical chair game for children. Here, you need to take a group of children. For example, 8 children and 7 chairs are placed opposite each other. Play the music and ask children to revolve around the chairs until the music stops. Once the music is stopped, children have to sit on the chairs before someone else grabs them. The children who are left with no chair will be out of the game. The game continues till you get the winner sitting on the last chair.
- Pin the heart: In this game, children will be blindfolded and given a heart-shaped paper. They have to walk blindfolded towards the board where an image of a goat is drawn. Kids have to pin the heart below the neck of the goat instead of their tail. The children with the closest area on pinning the heart will be declared as the winner.
- Mad libs: This is one of the best Valentine’s Day games for kids. Here, a pair of kids will be asked to discuss and come up with silly stories within the given frame of time. Once children are done with creating a story, they have to narrate the story with full confidence and excitement. The children with the best story will be awarded.
- Unscramble words: In this game, the challenge is to unscramble the words related to Valentine’s Day. For example, HGU is HUG, AHETR is HEART, VOLE is LOVE, etc. This activity will help children to learn Valentine’s Day themed words in an entertaining way.
- Hunt hearts: This activity is extremely fun and makes children stay alert throughout the game. In this game, you need to make hearts of different colors and hide them in all corners of the house. Each color of the heart carries different points. You need to ask children to hunt the hearts hidden in the house. The children with the maximum number of hearts and points will be declared as the winner. The winners will get a huge prize or treat at the end of the party.
- Making cards: This is a fun Valentine’s Day game for kids. Here, you need to provide color papers, stationery items, crayons, etc., to children. They have to make a beautiful Valentine’s Day card for their loved ones in a given frame of time. If they are successful in creating cards within the allotted time, they will be declared as winners. These are one of the best holiday activities for kids. Handmade cards go the extra mile when it comes to expressing love for each other in the family. When you give a handmade card to a loved one, it shows that you have put the time and effort into making something personal for them, making it even more special.
- Tic-tac-toe: This is a classic game where you need to arrange Xs and Os in the proper order. But, the trick here is that you will be arranging hearts instead of Os. The children with maximum scores will be declared as the winner.
- Catch hearts: In this game, you can ask kids to stand in a circle facing each other. The children must call out a person and toss the heart towards them. Once a child grabs the heart, you will pass on to another child in a similar manner. The person who is unable to catch the heart will be out of the game.
- Love charades: In this game, you need to make a group of two. Then, assign words related to Valentine’s Day written on the heart-shaped paper. Children need to enact the words given on the paper without speaking. The opposite team members have to guess the word correctly. If they are successful in guessing the word, points will be awarded.
- Treasure hunt: If you’re thinking of giving Valentine’s Day gifts for kids, then you conduct a treasure hunt game for them. You can challenge them to find the treasure, which is a gift that you have planned to give to children on Valentine’s Day. You can also give clues or hints in case children fail to hunt the treasure.
- Toss the ring: Children would love this game of tossing the rings. Here, kids need to aim and toss the rings on the horn of a unicorn toy. The ones with the maximum rings tossed will win the game. This activity enables children to improve their concentration level.
- Fill the cup: This is a fun game for children to build a competitive spirit in them. You need to make children stand on a line and give them two cups. Then, you need to keep a heart-shaped sponge with Xs and Os written on them in front of children. Once the time starts, children have to sort the Xs and Os and fill it in the given cups. The person with the maximum number of Xs and Os in their cups will be declared as the winner.
- Throw ping pong balls: In this activity, you need to keep a bunch of ping pong balls in a container. Then, keep a bucket filled with water far away from the place where ping pong balls are kept. Ask kids to aim and throw ping pong balls from a distance into the bucket. Depending on the number of ping pong balls dropped inside the bucket, winners will be declared.
- Word search: In this game, kids will be given a sheet of paper and asked to search the words related to Valentine’s Day. For example, Chocolates, Flowers, Heart, Cupid, etc. They need to circle the words on the sheets. Based on the number of correct words, the winner will be declared.
- Memory game: This is a fun game for children to increase their retention power. Here, kids will be assigned a sheet of paper illustrated with images related to Valentine’s Day celebration. They will be given time to glance at and memorize the images illustrated on the sheet. Then, they need to write the names of the images illustrated on the sheet by recalling them. Based on the maximum number of correct answers, the winner will be declared.
- Draw hearts: In this activity, you can make children draw hearts of different sizes and colors. The children with the best art will be awarded exciting prizes. These drawing games for kids enhance their creativity skills.
- Headband: This is a super fun guessing game for children. You can use a printable sheet of paper consisting of words or pictures associated with Valentine’s Day. The children will have to enact the word for the person who is seeing the headband. If the kid is successful in guessing the word correctly, they will be given points.
- Balance the heart: In this game, you need a bunch of heart-shaped candies and a spoon. The children will be asked to stand in a line with heart-shaped candies stacked above each other on the spoon. They have to walk towards the finishing line with their heart-shaped candies stacked intact. The kids who are able to cross the finish line with all the candies on their spoon will be declared as the winner.
- Ask questions: To enhance your child’s knowledge on Valentine’s Day, you can conduct Valentine’s Day trivia questions for kids. Create a group of two and ask questions related to the history and traditions of celebrating Valentine’s Day. The group scoring the maximum number of correct answers will get a treat or exciting prizes.
- Play bingo: This is one of the fun Valentine’s Day games for kids. Here, you need to provide printable bingo cards to children. The card consists of illustrations related to Valentine’s Day, such as a cupid, a bouquet of flowers, a card, a heart-shaped coffee mug, gifts, etc. You need to call out the names of the images illustrated on the cards, and the kids have to cross the image. The ones who get all the images crossed will be declared as the winner.
- Sing a song: In this activity, you can write a bunch of words related to Valentine’s Day on the cards. Mix the cards and each kid has to pick a card. With the given words, kids need to compose a song or a poem on Valentine’s Day within the given frame of time. Once they complete the song or a poem, they can sing or recite it in front of all the people present at the party. Teaching Valentine’s Day poems for kids enables them to develop creativity and vocabulary skills. Dress up, turn the lights down low, and have a karaoke party at home with your loved ones to celebrate this special day.
- Make them smile: This is a fun game for children to spread smiles on everyone’s face. Make children and family members sit in a circle. Ask the first person of the circle to make the adjacent person smile. If the other person smiles, he or she gets the points. Then, other people will try to make the next person smile. This activity creates a lot of happiness and adds a humorous touch to the game.
- Stamp the balloons: In this game, you can ask children to blow heart-shaped balloons and tie them on the ankle of their legs with a string. Ask children to stand in a circle and play the music. The children need to stamp the balloons of other kids and save their own balloons from getting burst. The ones who save the balloon till the end will be declared as the winner.
- Play cupid says: Instead of playing Simon says, you can play cupid says with children. In this game, you can challenge kids with interesting activities that they have to complete within the allotted time. For example, give your parents a hug, recite a Valentine’s Day poem, share your chocolates with others, etc.
- Play pictionary: To improve critical thinking skills in children, you can play pictionary games with kids. You can give a word to children and ask them to draw an image for the words assigned to them. The others have to guess the word illustrated on the board. If they are successful in guessing the word, the points will be awarded.
- Osmo genius words: Osmo Genius Words is a fun word game that you can use to grow your children’s vocabulary. On Valentine’s day you can upload images that indicate love and ask them to guess what the images mean while practicing spelling.
- Write love notes: You can write down something that you admire about your kids on a post-it and stick it up on their door. Either it is for cleaning their room, or helping you set the table the day before, they will know their efforts are seen and they are appreciated.
- Read stories: You can read stories to your children about love. By reading to your children, you can ensure they pick up language skills and develop a love of reading themselves. You can also use interactive word games to learn terms that revolve around love, empathy and compassion.
- Osmo genius masterpiece: Osmo Genius Masterpiece game let you trace a virtual outline on paper. It’s a great tool for kids to add a personal touch to the cards they make. They can draw love-themed objects on craft paper and make beautifully personalized cards for friends and family.
- Make a meal together: Apart from playing, another thing kids really love is food (a sentiment we can share)! You and your kids can spend quality time together whipping up some delicious heart-shaped pancakes coated with strawberry syrup (or maple, whichever you and your family prefers). You can even try making homemade mini-pizzas in the shape of hearts. This is a tasty way to make Valentine’s Day fun for your kids.
- Give small treats to friends: Valentine’s day is also a great day for kids to show their love to their friends. You can help them pick up (or even make) chocolates, stickers, and cards to share with their friends.
- Play educational games: Playing games together as a family can be fun and bring the family closer together. Apart from family bonding, playing educational games also helps children build essential skill sets such as cognitive thinking and social emotional skills.
- Family date night: Due to COVID, a lot of celebrations are being canceled. But this Valentine’s Day can still be just as special when you spend it at home! A fun family date night could be the best way to celebrate the day of love. You could have a candlelit dinner followed by a fun movie to enjoy with the whole family! You could even dress up in your favorite costumes and make a night of it.
- Bake wholesome treats: A heart-shaped pizza, pink cookies, cupcakes, the possibilities are endless! Speaking of pizza, have you checked out Osmo’s Pizza Co? It could be a wonderful way to celebrate the day of love while learning math too.
- Read Valentine’s Day themed books: Books like Llama Llama I Love You and Happy Valentine’s Day, Mouse are a few amazing examples of Valentine’s Day books you could read with your little ones. To sharpen their vocabulary, you could even try Osmo’s Words game.
Benefits of Valentine’s Day Games for Kids
Some of the benefits of Valentine’s Day games for kids are mentioned below:
- Keeps children entertained at Valentine’s Day parties.
- Develops understanding of the Valentine’s Day celebrations.
- Enhances creativity and imagination skills in children.
- Enables children to express their emotions for their loved ones in a fun and creative way.
- Keeps children active throughout the day.
Frequently Asked Questions on Valentine’s Day Games for Kids
What are some of the Valentine’s Day games for kids?
Some of the Valentine’s Day games for kids are singing a song, heart hunt, headband, unscramble words, tic-tac-toe, pin the heart, throw ping pong balls, stamp balloons, etc.
Why are Valentine’s Day games for kids so beneficial?
The benefits of Valentine’s Day games for kids are that it helps children develop cognitive skills, critical thinking, creativity and communication skills. Most importantly, it keeps them busy and entertained during the celebration.