Funny Tricky Riddles
Riddles are a great way to sharpen one’s brain and enjoy simultaneously. We have got a lot of tricky riddles for kids with answers, which will not only help you spend some quality time with your little ones but also provide them with a brain-enriching experience.
We have provided the correct answers to the riddles at the end of the questions.
Tricky Riddles for Children
- How can you make a line longer without even touching the line?
- We are dashed by some and poured by others. We are served as a set for food lovers. Beware that your food can get spoilt if we are too much. But your dish will be flat if we are less. What are we?
- What is the beginning of the world?
- I have huge rivers but not a drop of water. I have dense forests but not a single tree. I have several cities but not a home. What am I?
- Long ago in a city, there was a single-storeyed house. How beautiful it looked with the green carpet, blue little flowers, a yellow bedsheet on the bed and everything else was red. Can you guess the color of the staircase in the house?
- What begins with “E” and a single letter in it?
- There was a terrific plane crash and every single person died. Yet there were 18 survivors. How is that possible?
- You can walk across me and I won’t feel bad. You can stand and rest on me while you look around. What am I?
- Someone said that a person who lives in Paris can’t be buried in London. Why is that so?
- It has no head but has a neck. What is it?
- A boy accidentally fell from a 25 storey building but didn’t die. How is that possible?
- I can hold some water for you although I am full of holes. Can you guess what I am?
- Jacob’s mother has three kids. The first one is called January and the second one February. Can you guess the third one’s name?
- I only go up and never down. When you talk about me, ladies frown!
- Which is the only word that’s spelt incorrectly even in the dictionaries?
- I live right there with you all the time. I exist now and I will always stay now. Even when time passes and years go by, you will find me there with you. Who am I?
- There are nine pomegranates and you took away two. How many will you have now?
- A pocket can have something even if it has nothing in it. How is that possible?
- You know me as a bird and as a fruit. You even know me as a person. Can you guess my name?
- Do you think it is possible for a man to be able to function properly without sleeping for twenty-eight days?
- It has several keys but no lock to open. What is it?
- What was as big as a dinosaur but weighs nothing at all?
- Louisville has two I’s and three L’s in it. Can you spell that without using “I” and “L”?
- I am served but not eaten. What am I?
Answers to Riddles:
1. By making a shorter line next to the original line. Now the original one is the longer one!
2. Salt and pepper
3. The letter “W”!
4. A map!
5. Red? Nope. There is no staircase as it is a single-storeyed house!
7. These 18 were the married ones.
8. A bridge
9. Well, because the person is alive! (“The person is living in Paris”)
10. A bottle
11. That’s totally possible because the building is 25 storey but the boy might have fallen from the first storey!
12. A Sponge
13. March? Nope. The third kid is Jacob himself!
15. The word “incorrectly”
16. The present
17. Two (Remember the question is not “how many are left!”)
18. Well, it might still have one thing – a hole.
20. Yes, it is possible. We don’t sleep during the day but through the night!
21. A piano
22. The dinosaur’s shadow!
23. Why not! “T H A T” (Read the question again)
24. A tennis ball