Tricky Riddles for Kids with Answers
Looking for fun ways to increase your child’s thinking skills? Tricky riddles for kids with answers are a great way to sharpen your child’s brain. Not only are they fun, but these riddles for kids are also a great way to boost a child’s logical and creative thinking skills. Tricky riddles for kids are usually a question or a statement, which has multiple meanings. You need to think out of the box to find the solution to the riddle, which usually has a humorous twist.
These tricky riddles for kids with answers also help in improving your child’s verbal fluency. Activities like riddles and trivia games for kids also help a child learn new words and help expand their vocabulary and language skills. Ready to spend some quality time with your little ones and sharpen their thinking skills? Then play a game of riddles with these tricky riddles for kids with answers. We’ve compiled a list of amazing tricky riddles for kids with answers to give them a brain-enriching experience.
50+ Tricky Riddles for Kids with Answers
Here is a list of 50+ tricky riddles for kids with answers to put your little one’s mind to the test . These funny tricky riddles will baffle even the smartest kids and have them laughing uncontrollably at the funny answers. You’ll find the answers to the tricky riddles for kids at the end of the questions. These tricky riddles for kids with answers will also sharpen your child’s cognitive skills.
List of Tricky Riddles for Kids with Answers
- How can you make a line longer without even touching the line?
- We are dashed by some and poured by others. We are served as a set for food lovers. Beware that your food can get spoiled if we are too much. But your dish will be flat if we are less. What are we?
- What is the beginning of the world?
- I have huge rivers but not a drop of water. I have dense forests but not a single tree. I have several cities but not a home. What am I?
- Long ago in a city, there was a single-storeyed house. How beautiful it looked with the green carpet, blue little flowers, a yellow bedsheet on the bed and everything else was red. Can you guess the color of the staircase in the house?
- What begins with “E” and a single letter in it?
- There was a terrible plane crash and every single person died. Yet there were 18 survivors. How is that possible?
- You can walk across me and I won’t feel bad. You can stand and rest on me while you look around. What am I?
- Someone said that a person who lives in Paris can’t be buried in London. Why is that so?
- It has no head but has a neck. What is it?
- A boy accidentally fell from a 25 storey building but didn’t die. How is that possible?
- I can hold some water for you although I am full of holes. Can you guess what I am?
- Jacob’s mother has three kids. The first one is called January and the second one is February. Can you guess the third one’s name?
- I only go up and never down. When you talk about me, ladies frown!
- Which is the only word that’s spelt incorrectly even in the dictionaries?
- I live right there with you all the time. I exist now and I will always stay now. Even when time passes and years go by, you will find me there with you. Who am I?
- There are nine pomegranates and you took away two. How many will you have now?
- A pocket can have something even if it has nothing in it. How is that possible?
- You know me as a bird and as a fruit. You even know me as a person. Can you guess my name?
- Do you think it is possible for a man to be able to function properly without sleeping for twenty-eight days?
- It has several keys but no lock to open. What is it?
- What was as big as a dinosaur but weighs nothing at all?
- Louisville has two I’s and three L’s in it. Can you spell that without using “I” and “L”?
- I am served but not eaten. What am I?
- We’re two sisters who’re the same. We live on opposite sides of a road, yet never see each other. What are we?
- I’m high up in the sky and love to fly but I never get anywhere though I try. What am I?
- Though I never ask a question, people always rush to answer. What am I?
- Why was the egg laughing hysterically at the chefs?
- Come morning I’ll lose my head, but get it back every night. What am I?
- Harry rode into town on Wednesday, stayed for 3 days and left early in the morning on Wednesday. How did he do it?
- A farmer had 17 sheep. One day, a wolf ate all but seven sheep. How many sheep does the farmer have
- Forward I weigh a lot, but backwards I am not. What am I?
- What weighs more, a ton of flour or a ton of sand?
- If you laugh at me, I’ll laugh right back and if you throw something at me, I’ll just crack! What am I?
- There are two things, one can break but never falls and the other falls but never breaks. What are they?
- I run through cities and towns, villages and fields, but I never once move. What am I?
- What word in the English language sounds the same even if you take away four of it’s five letters?
- I’m always hungry and waiting to be fed. If you touch me, you will turn red. But if you give me a drink, I’ll end up dead!
- Mia fell off a 20 foot ladder but didn’t get hurt. How?
- What will happen if you throw a blue stone into the red sea?
- What is the one thing you can’t ever put in a saucepan?
- What days do eggs fear most?
- Why were all the eggs jumping around?
- Before they discovered Mt. Everest, which was the tallest peak in the world?
- I am the only English word, which has three consecutive double letters. What word am I?
- My ends are round but my middle is a bit high. What am I?
- Why shouldn’t you tell jokes to Easter eggs?
- How can you drop an egg on a concrete floor without cracking it?
- I get beaten and whipped but never cry. What am I?
- I have 4 legs but still can’t walk. What am I?
- I have a very powerful horn but it never honks. What am I?
- What kind of key can never open a door?
- What word starts with the letter “E” but has only one letter?
- What is one thing that is ahead of you but you can’t ever see?
- 5 kids and 3 dogs stood under 1 umbrella, yet none of them got wet. How?
- A man driving a black truck screeched to a stop to allow a child to cross the road. How did the driver see the child when the moon was not out?
- I saw a few birds flying. There were two birds in front of a bird, two birds behind a bird and one bird in the middle. How many birds were there in total?
- What will you get if you take an ant out of a plantain?
- When I’m brand new, I’m tall. But the more I’m used, I become small. What am I?
- I have several eyes but can’t see a thing. What am I?
Answers to Tricky Riddles for Kids:
- By making a shorter line next to the original line. Now the original one is the longer one!
- Salt and pepper
- The letter “W”!
- A map!
- Red? Nope. There is no staircase as it is a single-storey house!
- These 18 were the married ones.
- A bridge
- Well, because the person is alive! (“The person is living in Paris”)
- A bottle
- That’s totally possible because the building is 25 storeys but the boy might have fallen from the first storey!
- A Sponge
- March? Nope. The third kid is Jacob himself!
- The word “incorrectly”
- The present
- Two (Remember the question is not “how many are left!”)
- Well, it might still have one thing – a hole.
- Yes, it is possible. We don’t sleep during the day but through the night!
- A piano
- The dinosaur’s shadow!
- Why not! “T H A T” (Read the question again)
- A tennis ball
- Because they cracked him up!
- A pillow
- Harry’s horse is called Wednesday.
- They both weigh the same, 1 ton.
- A mirror
- Day and night
- She fell off the bottom rung of the ladder.
- It gets wet!
- It’s lid!
- They were egg-cited!
- It was still Mt. Everest, they just hadn’t discovered it yet!
- They’ll crack up
- Just drop it, concrete floors are very hard to crack!
- A Table
- A donkey
- It wasn’t raining.
- The sun was out
- Something plain
We hope you and your kids enjoyed these tricky riddles for kids with answers. Osmo has a wide variety of riddles, games and activities to make learning fun and engaging. Check our kids learning section to know more.
Frequently Asked Questions on Tricky Riddles for Kids with Answers
What are some of the Tricky Riddles for Kids with Answers?
Some of the Tricky Riddles for Kids with Answers are how do you make a line lengthy without touching it? The answer is that by making a shorter line next to the original line. Now, the original line becomes the longest one. Similarly, there are many tricky riddles for kids.
What are funny Tricky Riddles for Kids with Answers?
Some of the funny Tricky Riddles for Kids with Answers are I never go down and always go up. Who am I? Answer: Age. I start with the letter E and the only alphabet in it. Who am I? Answer: Envelope