Try these fun Thanksgiving crafts for kids and let us know what you think. Making arts and crafts develops your child’s fine motor skills, creativity, spatial awareness, and more. In addition to this, it’s a great way to let off steam and keep kids engaged for long periods of time. This is the most awaited festival celebrated across the world. To enhance the learning experience among kids even during the holiday season, you can explore Thanksgiving craft ideas for kids learning.
Watch the below video to learn How To Make A Cardboard House- DIY Thanksgiving Crafts For Kids
So while you’re busy decorating your home for thanksgiving, or cooking up a delicious meal, these Thanksgiving crafts for kids could help keep little hands busy. Conducting Thanksgiving arts and crafts for kids will not only entertain them but also develop cognitive skills. Initially, you can start exploring easy Thanksgiving crafts for kids to make sure that they are able to make without facing any difficulties. On the other hand, check out art activities for kids to get a brief idea.
Easy DIY Thanksgiving Crafts For Kids
These easy Thanksgiving crafts for kids are everything children need to fuel their creativity and imagination. Preschool Thanksgiving crafts for kids will enable them to explore their creativity. Kids will learn how to cut the paper, measure, color, stick, etc. By learning basic concepts, they are good to go ahead with innovative crafts.
List Of Fun Kids Crafts For Thanksgiving
- Pie Garland: Here’s one of the easiest DIY Thanksgiving crafts for kids. Materials required are as follows:
- Hot glue
- Felt paper
- Twine / String
- Thankful Pie: Looking for more thanksgiving craft ideas for kids? We’ve got what you need. Materials required are as follows:
- Paper plate
- Construction paper
- Brass fastener
- Mason Jar Turkey: Materials you will need for another great example of Thanksgiving arts and crafts for kids:
- Mason jar
- Googly eyes
- Canning jar lid
- Popsicle sticks
- Hot glue sticks
- Yellow felt
- Fabric scraps
- Osmo’s Masterpiece: This game is to draw a turkey and stick it to your mason jar. With Osmo’s interactive drawing tool, even the most art-challenged kids feel like young Picassos.
- DIY Leaf Catcher: Here’s one of the best DIY Thanksgiving crafts for kids. Materials required are as follows:
- Large embroidery hoop
- Printable leaves
- Owl Puppet: Materials required for the most easy Thanksgiving crafts for kids:
- Paper cup
- Colored paper
- Black paper
- Hole punch
- White foam stickers
- Fall Bookmark: Here’s an awesome example of DIY Thanksgiving crafts for kids. Materials required are as follows:
- Craft stick
- Felt leaves
- Hot glue
- Pumpkin Balloons: This is quite an interesting Thanksgiving craft for kids. Materials required are as follows:
- Orange balloons
- Black Marker
- Painted Stones: Here is an activity that needs to be done by exploring your surroundings. Materials required are as follows:
- Black marker
Instructions: Cut triangles from various colors of felt paper. (to make them look like pies!) Create a crust for each pie using one of your felt papers too. Glue a button to each “slice” too (this resembles a dollop of cream!). And finally, attach twine or string to the back of your pie slices to create your very own pie garland. Read on to check out more fun kids’ crafts for thanksgiving.
Instructions: Cut out your construction paper in the form of a circle. Secure it to your paper plate with a brass fastener right in the center. Then, cut out one “slice” of your circular construction paper (aka pie!) and write down one thing you’re thankful for on that portion of the paper plate. Keep turning your “pie” around until every triangular area is filled with various things you’re thankful for! This is the best example of easy Thanksgiving crafts for kids.
Instructions: Take your fabric scraps (or paper) and cut them in the shape of small squares. Glue your fabric squares onto the mason jar entirely. Next, attach your popsicle sticks/craft sticks at the back of the lid to make them resemble the turkey’s feathers! On your canning jar lid, glue a triangular piece of yellow felt for the “beak” of your turkey. Finally, glue your googly eyes to the lid to complete your mason jar turkey! For more preschool Thanksgiving crafts for kids, continue to read.
Instructions: Wrap your yarn around your hoop in a criss-cross pattern. Take your printable leaves, write down things you’re thankful for on each leaf, and place them among the yarn in the hoop. That’s all there is to it! This could prove to be the most fun Thanksgiving crafts for kids.
Instructions: Take your colored paper and cut out oval feather shapes from it. Glue them in layers around your cup. Trace your child’s hands using colored paper, and then take the yellow-colored paper to make a beak. Cut out round-shaped eyes using felt too. Stick the eyes and the beak on the “hands” (which is actually the feathered face of your owl) Place this entire “face” right on top of the cup you just decorated, and you’re done.
Instructions: Take your craft stick and glue your felt leaves right on top of it. Place it between the pages of your book and you’re done! You’ve got your very own Fall bookmark.
Instructions: Take around 10 orange balloons. Fill the water in the balloon and tie the ends with thread. Now, write or draw something creative on the balloons to give an appearance of a pumpkin.
Instructions: Kids can explore their surroundings and collect a few stones of similar sizes or different shapes. Take each stone and color them using different watercolor paints. Then, write letters on stones and combine together to create Thanksgiving, Pumpkin, Feast, Prayer, etc.
Benefits Of Thanksgiving Crafts For Kids
Some of the benefits of fun Thanksgiving crafts for kids are mentioned below:
- It will help kids to know about the festivity and its importance.
- It will develop creativity and problem solving skills.
- Kids will develop fine motor skills.
- It will boost confidence and positivity among kids.
- Kids will know how to handle craft items such cutting, pasting, coloring materials.
- They will learn to manage their time, speed and accuracy while making crafts for Thanksgiving.
Now that you’ve got some Thanksgiving craft ideas for kids, don’t forget to check out our Christmas crafts for kids too! We’ve also got a wide range of other kids learning games your child will love. The more kids play, the more they learn, and the more they develop core skills through hands-on activities, all while fueling their creativity, curiosity, imagination, and drive to learn.
Frequently Asked Questions on Thanksgiving Crafts For Kids
What are some of the DIY Thanksgiving Crafts For Kids?
Some of the DIY Thanksgiving Crafts For Kids are pie garland, thankful pie, Osmo’s masterpiece, leaf catcher, dreamcatchers, owl puppets, bookmarks, pumpkin balloons, painted stones, etc.
What are the materials required for Mason Jar Turkey for Thanksgiving Crafts For Kids?
Some of the required for Mason Jar Turkey are a mason jar, jar lid, popsicle stick, yellow felt, scissors, fabric scraps and googly eyes.