Subtracting integers worksheets plays a vital role in kids’ learning process. Parents and teachers must introduce children to the rules for subtracting integers worksheets right from a young age. However, teachers and parents have to find an exciting and interactive way to teach the concept of subtraction.
Introducing the little ones to these subtracting integers worksheets right from a young age helps them learn the fundamentals of subtraction quickly. Parents and teachers can help the kids learn effectively with the help of Math Games for Kids, available at Osmo.
Subtracting Integers On A Number Line Worksheet
The below provided diagram depicts a few instances of subtracting and adding with the use of a number line:
A simple method to use the subtracting integers number line worksheet is to proceed in the inverse direction of adding integers.
- Proceed to the right on the number line, to add a positive (+) integer.
- Proceed to the left on the number line, to add a negative (-) integer.
- Proceed to the left on the number line, to subtract a positive (+) integer.
- Proceed to the right on the number line, to subtract a negative (-) integer.
- 5 – 2 = 3
- -5 – 2 = -7
- -4 – (-7) = 3
Subtracting Positive And Negative Integers Worksheet
To subtract integers, replace the mathematical symbol on the integer that has to be subtracted.
- Say for instance, both the signs are positive, then the solution will be positive. For instance, 15 – (-5) = 15 + 5 = 20
- Then if both the signs are negative, the solution will be negative.For instance, -15 – (+5) = -15 – 5 = -20
- If the signs are different, subtract the lowest absolute value from the biggest total value. The sign will be the sign of the integer that produced the biggest absolute value.
Example: 15 – (+5) = 15 – 5 = 10
Example: -15 – (-5) = -15 + 5 = -10
Subtracting Integers With Counters Worksheet
Use counters to subtract -4 – (-1)
Which picture shows the difference?
How To Teach Subtraction Integers To Kids?
- Visualize And Strategize Subtracting 3 Integers Worksheet: Like the addition facts, this step is the missing part that enables children to learn the subtracting integers worksheet concepts with understanding and not just memorization. Choose a small group of facts to focus on. Now, it’s time to teach the kid to visualize numbers and use an effective method to obtain the answers.
- Teaching Common Core Subtraction: Present the Common Core conceptualization of subtraction. The Common Core presents the idea of subtraction as including the distance between two particular points. To explain this to the students, draw a number line starting from 0 to 10 on the blackboard as a visual.
- Give the students a fundamental subtraction problem: 9 – 4=?.
- Place the number 4 on the number line. This is the starting point.
- Place the number 9 on the number line. This is the final stop.
- Count or calculate the gap between the two points: ‘5, 6, 7, 8, 9’.
- Hence, the distance is five. Therefore, 9 – 4 = 5.