St. Patrick’s Day Activities for Kids
St. Patrick’s Day is the perfect time to plan some fun and engaging activities for kids to do at home. Holiday-themed activities are the perfect way to keep your children entertained and busy while you get on with your work. Additionally, these activities help the kids learn essential skills while they have fun. If you’re looking for St. Patrick’s Day activities for kids, you’ve come to the right place. We’ve put together a list of the most fun St. Patrick’s Day games and activities that’ll have your child jumping with joy.
Holidays and celebrations are great fun, but they can also be a stressful time for parents. The best solution is to keep kids busy with holiday activities for kids. These activities keep children’s energy in check and let them have fun without getting into trouble.
List of St. Patrick’s Day Activities for Kids
St. Patrick’s Day offers the perfect opportunity to get kids involved in fun activities like scavenger hunts, learning Irish traditions etc. Here are some wonderful St. Patrick’s Day activities for kids that’ll have your little leprechaun jumping with joy.
Other St. Patrick’s Day Activities for Kids
Looking for more St. Patrick’s Day activities for kids to do during the holiday? Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered. Check out this amazing list of fun, kid-friendly activities to do on St. Patrick’s Day.
- Leprechaun Trap: Leprechauns are an integral part of St. Patrick’s Day celebrations. The mythical little green man, who’s usually depicted wearing green clothes and a green hat, is believed to collect gold coins. According to Irish mythology, these magical creatures hide their pots of gold at the end of a rainbow. It is also believed that if you catch a Leprechaun, they’ll give you three wishes or a treasure. So, building a leprechaun trap is one of the best St. Patrick’s Day activities for kids. Check out this Leprechaun trap project to learn how to build a trap to catch the tiny green man.
- Paper Plate Leprechaun Hat: Crafting is a great activity to keep kids occupied for a while. Making a paper plate Leprechaun hat is a perfect opportunity to spend some time bonding with your little ones. Crafts for kids like these enhance their fine motor skills and help unleash their creativity and imagination. This is one of the easiest St. Patrick’s Day activities for kids.
- Potato Hunt: This is one of the most fun St. Patrick’s Day activities for kids. A potato hunt is nothing but a scavenger hunt that has an Irish theme! Hide some potatoes and a pot of treasure in your backyard or around the house. Ask the kids to decipher the clues to find the potatoes and the pot of treasure. Check out these scavenger hunt riddles for kids to make the game more fun.
- Bake Irish Soda Bread: If you’re celebrating a festival celebrating the patron saint of Ireland, some Irish food should definitely be on the table. Plan a menu with different kinds of Irish foods and get your kids to help you make them. There’s nothing more Irish than Irish soda bread. So, gather your kids and make a loaf of Irish soda bread together. This is also a great opportunity to teach kids about volumes, measurements, fractions etc.
- Shamrock Bracelet: Nothing screams Ireland and St. Patrick’s Day like shamrocks. If your little one loves jewelry, craft a shamrock bracelet together, this is one of the best spring crafts for kids.
- St. Patrick’s Day Stories: Stories and little children are a match made in heaven. Not only are they fun, but they’re educational too. They improve their listening skills and help them learn new words. Telling stories and reading the history of St. Patrick’s Day is one of the best St. Patrick’s Day activities for kids. Also, check out these moral stories for kids.
- Paper Plate Pot of Gold Craft: St. Patrick’s Day is incomplete without pots of gold, leprechauns, shamrocks and rainbows. So, craft your own pot of gold using a paper plate.
- Worksheets: Worksheets and printables are a great way to keep kids occupied during holidays and celebrations. This activity also helps them learn important skills while they have fun. Give your child some free St. Patrick’s day printables and worksheets. These printables include coloring worksheets, mazes, word learning activities, math worksheets etc.
- Sparkly Green Playdough: Playdough is one of the best toys for kids. This St. Patrick’s Day, perform science experiments for kids like making green playdough. Add some glitter to make it more festive and magical. The kids will have fun molding their sparkly green play dough into different shapes.
- Planting Shamrocks: St. Patrick’s Day is the perfect time to plant some shamrocks. Help your child learn to give back to the Earth by planting shamrocks and other plants in your backyard or a nearby park. This is also one of the best science activities to help kids learn more about plants and how to care for them.
- Making a Rainbow: Springtime and rainbows go hand in hand. One of the best St. Patrick’s Day activities for kids is to help them learn how to make a rainbow. Spring and summer offer the perfect opportunity for watercrafts like these. So make use of this opportunity to show kids how to make a rainbow using a hose of water. This is one of the most fun St. Patrick’s Day activities for kids and also helps them learn about the science behind rainbows.
- Green Slime: Little kids love playing with slime. While it’s fun to play with, it’s also a great stress reliever. Instead of buying slime for your kids, make some green slime for St. Patrick’s Day. Add some glitter shamrocks and green glitter to make the slime more fun and magical.
- Clover Suncatcher: Making a suncatcher is a great springtime activity for kids. Make a clover-shaped suncatcher with your kids for St. Patrick’s Day.
- Bake Rainbow Treats: Sugary treats are a little child’s favorite thing to eat, so they’ll readily participate in St. Patrick’s Day activities for kids like these. So, get your kids to help you bake some rainbow cupcakes and cookies. You can also make chocolate coins and wrap them in gold-colored wrapping paper.
- St. Patrick’s Day Costumes: Little kids love to dress up. So make this St. Patrick’s Day special with a fun costume contest. Kids can dress up in St. Patrick’s Day-themed costumes like leprechauns, St Patrick, shamrocks etc., to take part in the contest.
We hope you found this list of St. Patrick’s Day activities for kids useful. For more activities, games and worksheets that make learning fun, check our kids learning section.
Frequently Asked Questions on St. Patrick’s Day Activities for Kids
What are St. Patrick’s Day Activities for Kids?
These are activities that parents can do with kids on St. Patrick’s Day to keep them occupied. Kids get to have fun and learn more about the celebrations with these activities.
What are some fun activities for kids to do on St. Patrick’s Day?
Cooking Irish food, listening to Irish music, scavenger hunts, coloring and learning worksheets, building a leprechaun trap, making St. Patrick’s Day-themed crafts and costumes are some fun activities for kids to do on St. Patrick’s Day.