The square root of 6 is mathematically expressed as 6.The square root of any number is written as n. Therefore, the square root of 6 is simplified as 2.449. Children must be taught the basics of these concepts along with the Math Activities available at Osmo. These math activities and games help kids learn and understand the fundamentals of the square root of 6. Before introducing the little minds to the square root of 6, parents and teachers must teach them these mathematical operations, such as the basics of addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
What is the Square Root of 6?
The square root of 6 up to 10 decimal places is 2.4494897427. It is the positive equivalent of x2 = 6. When kids are introduced to this concept of the square root of 6, tutors can engage them in the 6 Times Table, available at Osmo. The square root of 6 is expressed in 3 ways like,
- Exponent: (6)½
- Decimal: 2.449
- Radical: 6
How to Find Square Root 6?
The square root of 6 can be determined in this method, Long division method.
Long Division Method
- Firstly, pair the numbers from ones place.
- Then, find a digit multiplied by itself; the product is equal to or less than 6. In this context, 2 × 2 = 4, which is certainly less than 6. Divide 6 by 2 and place 2 in the quotient to get the remainder 2.
- Next, place a decimal after the quotient; in this case, we divide using the 0s from the decimal 6. Finally, drag the pair of 0s to make the dividend 200. In addition, adding 2 by itself is 4, which becomes the first digit of the subsequent divisor.
- Now, the new divisor is 4X. We must determine the value of X so that 4X x X gives less than 200. 4 takes the X position, and hence, the quotient is now 2.4 and the dividend is 44.
- Finally, the following divisor is 44 + 4, and the dividend is 2400. Therefore, parents and teachers can motivate kids to continue following the same steps until they get the number of decimals they need.
Also, refer to Problem Solving For Kids, available at Osmo.
Is the Square Root of 6 Rational or Irrational?
With non terminating digits, the square root of 6 is an irrational number. Moreover, the square root of 6 cannot be expressed in the form of p/q. Thus, it is an irrational number. An irrational number is a real number that can not be expressed as a simplified fraction or in the form of a ratio. For instance, 2, 3, 5, 6, etc.,
Osmo has Worksheets for kids and many other math activities for children. Also, the little ones can be introduced to Osmo’s Math Games for Kids. Make sure to visit Osmo’s website to learn more about the square root of 6 and other math activities for kids.