Square Root of 3
Learning and comprehending the square root of 3 seems to be pretty interesting for the little learners. The square root of 3 is 3 = 1.732. Moreover, parents and teachers can engage the children in different math related activities and fun educational games that help them learn all about the square root of 3. These activities and times tables help the little learners comprehend the fundamental theories of the square root of 3. Also, it is essential to teach the kids about the square root of 3 and engage them in understanding the 3 Times Table available at Osmo. These square root concepts will enable kids to solve mathematical problems easily and accurately.
What is the Square Root of 3?
The square root of 3 is written as 3. And, its exponent form is (3)0.5, and the radical form is as follows: (3)1/2. It is a known fact that the square root of any number is numeric when it is multiplied by the same numeric. For instance, the square root of 36 is 6, as 6 times 6 is 36. However, there are a few square roots that are not whole numbers, like 3. The square root of 3 can be mathematically expressed in three different ways. Like,
- Decimal form: 1.732
- Exponent form: 31/2
- Radical form: √3
How to Find the Square Root of 3?
As the square root of 3 is non terminating, the long division method can be used to find the square root of 3.
- Write 3 as 3.0000 and sort the zeros after the decimal point in pairs from the left to the right.
- Now, write down a digit, when multiplied with itself, is equal to or less than 3. In this context, that numeric is 1.
- Divide 3 by 1, the quotient derived is 1, and the remainder is 2.
- Write down a pair of zeroes and place them next to 2. Hence, the dividend is 200.
- The divisor is 1, which is added with itself. Now, 2X is the new divisor and must determine a value of X that gives the product of 2X × X, which is equal to or less than 200. In this context, 27 is the value that is required.
- Finally, the number 7 is written in the quotient’s place after a decimal place. And, hence, the new divisor for the subsequent division is 2X + X, 34.
Is the Square Root of 3 Rational or Irrational?
The decimal form of the square root of 3 is non terminating number. Hence, this proves the square root of 3 is irrational. Thus, to teach the square root of 3, tutors can engage and create new activities during class hours, like Math Games for Kids, available at Osmo. These math games for children support them to comprehend the square root of 3 in a simple method.
Is the Square Root of 3 a Real Number?
Yes, the square root of 3 is a positive real number and not a complex number or an imaginary number.
Osmo has a variety of worksheets for kids and other math activities. Make sure to visit Osmo’s website to learn more about these math games and activities.
Frequently Asked Questions on Square Root of 3
What is the value of the square root of 3?
The value of the square root of 3 is 1.73205080.
Is the square root of 3 a rational or irrational number?
The square root of 3 cannot be simplified further into a whole number. The decimal expansion of the square root of 3 goes on endlessly without repeating. So, it’s an irrational number.
Which is the easiest method to calculate the square root of 3?
The long division method is the only way to calculate the square root of 3.