√15 is mathematically expressed as the square root of 15. The square root of 15 is 3.872. The number 15 is an odd number with four factors, 1, 3, 5 and 15. And, the multiples of 15 being 15, 30, 45, 60, 75 and so on. The square root of 15 can be taught to the kids with the help of 15 Times Table, available at Osmo. When the little ones learn these tables, they get an idea about multiplication and implement the same math operations while computing the square root of 15 or any other numeral. Teaching square root will make their calculations accurately.
What is the Square Root of 15?
The square root of 15 up to five decimal places is 3.87298. When parents and teachers teach this concept of square root to the little learners, it is important to involve them in Osmo’s Math Activities. These math activities are a great way to understand different math concepts and operations such as multiplication, subtraction, division and multiplication. Also, the square root of 15 can be taught to the children in some interactive and interesting ways. The square root of 15 can be represented in 3 ways such as,
- Square root of 15 in exponent form: (15)½ or (15)0.5
- Square root of 15 in radical form: √15
- Square root of 15 in decimal form: 3.8729833462
How to Find the Square Root of 15?
The square root of 15 can be determined by different simple methods. But, one of the easiest methods is the long division method. Below provided are a few simple steps on how to find the square root of 15.
- Begin from the right, and pair the numbers by writing a bar above.
- Then, find a numeric that, when multiplied by itself, gives the product that is less than or equal to 15 which is close to 15. Hence, the numeric is 3. Now, the divisor is 3, and the quotient is 3 which is the same as the divisor, and finally, the remainder is 6.
- The divisor must be doubled and written with a blank on the right. Guess the biggest possible number to fill in the blank that becomes the new number in the quotient, so when you multiply the new divisor to the new quotient the product is less than or equal to the dividend. Now, repeat this long division method to get the decimal places up to 10 places.
- Thus, the square root of 15 by the long division method is 3.872.
Recommended practice: Math Worksheets For Kids.
How to Find the Square Root of Negative 15?
The square root of negative 15 is determined by the below-given method.
- Negative 15 is mathematically written as √15 x √-1
- Now, √15 is 3.872, and the √-1 is i
- Therefore, the square root of negative 15 is 3.872i
Is the Square Root of 15 Rational or Irrational?
The square root of 15 is 3.872 and it is not a rational number. This is because the number 3.872 cannot be written as p/q. Also, the square root of 15 is a non-terminating and a never-ending decimal with a set of non-repeating numbers. Hence, the square root of 15 is an irrational number.Also, refer to Brain Games for Kids, available at Osmo.
FAQs Related to Square Root of 15
Is the √15 a rational number?
No. The √15 is not a rational number.
15 is a real number. Yes or no?
Yes. The number 15 is a real number.