The square root of 14 is 3.741. It is represented as √14. The number 14 is an even number with four factors, 1, 2, 7, and 14. Educators can introduce 14 times table to the little ones before teaching them the square root of 14. The 14 times table help kids to learn and comprehend the basics of multiplication and in the later stages about √14. Also, it is significant to engage the little minds in math games and activities that are available online. Teaching square root to the kids in an engaging way will make them develop interest to learn new mathematical concepts.
What is the Square Root of 14?
The square root of 14 up to 5 decimal places is 3.74165. When a digit is multiplied by itself, the product derived is known as the square root. However, the non square numbers have square roots too and are not whole numbers. The square root of 14 is represented in different ways, like,
- Radical form: √14
- Exponent form: 141/2
- Decimal form: 3.741
Also, refer to Problem Solving For Kids, available at Osmo.
How to Find the Square Root of 14?
The square root of 14 can be determined in many methods. Here is one of the easiest and quickest ways to determine √14, which is by the long division method.
- Beginning from the right, pair up the numbers by placing a bar above the pairs of numbers.
- Determine a numeric so that when it is multiplied by itself, the product is less than 14. Thus, the numeric is 3. Divisor as 3, the quotient is 3 and the remainder as 5.
- As the quotient is 3, double it and enter it. Now, guess the biggest possible number to fill the blank which becomes the new number in the quotient, so that when the divisor is multiplied by the quotient, the product derived is less than the dividend.
- Finally, repeat this procedure to obtain the decimal places.
- Thus, the square root of 14 is 3.74165738677.
Also, refer to Math Facts Games, available at Osmo.
How to Find the Square Root of Negative 14?
The square root of 14 up to 5 decimal places is 3.74166. But, what is the square root of -14? Here is an easy way to determine the square root of -14.
- Represent the -14 as √14 x √-1
- Simplify the equation, √14 is 3.741, and the √-1 is i
- Hence, the square root of -14 is 3.741i
Is the Square Root of 14 Rational or Irrational?
√14 is 3.74166. As this is an irrational number and a non terminating number.
FAQs Related to Square Root of 14
Is the square root of -14 a complex number?
Yes. The square root of -14 is a complex number.
Is the number 14 a prime number?
No. The number 14 is not a prime number.