The square root of 12 is mathematically represented by √12. The number 12 is an even number and 1, 2, 3, 4, 6, and 12 are the factors of 12. This is because all these numbers divide 12 without a remainder. Parents and teachers can introduce the concept of square and square roots once the little ones feel comfortable in learning the other mathematical operations, namely, division, multiplication, subtraction and addition. Also, teach the kids 12 Times Table, available at Osmo. 12 times tables help kids learn the square root of 12 in an easy method.
What is the Square Root of 12?
The square root of 12 up to 3 decimal points is 3.464. And, as mentioned above, the square root of 12 is mathematically written as √12. When the tutors teach this concept to the little minds, they must involve some Brain Games for Kids which are available at Osmo and other math related activities and games. By doing this, children find it easy to answer when they are asked such questions, like, .’what’s the square root of 12?’ The square root of 12 is expressed in 3 ways, such as,
- Radical form: √12
- Exponent form: 121/2
- Decimal form: 3.464
How to Find the Square Root of 12?
There are a variety of ways to find the square root of 12. However, one of the most common and easiest ways to find the square root of 12 is by the long division method. Here is how to find the square root of 12 by the long division method.
- By writing a bar over the numbers, pair them from the unit’s place.
- Now, determine a numeric so that when the number is multiplied by itself, the product is derived less than 12. 3 × 3 = 9 and 9 is less than 12. Divide 12 by 3.
- Then, place a decimal point and zeros next to it and continue.
- Multiply the quotient by 2 and the product is the first digit of the following divisor.
- Pick a digit in the unit’s place for the new divisor so that the product with a digit is less than 300.
- 6 is in the ten’s place and the product must be 300 and the nearest multiplication is 4 x 64 = 256.
- Write down the pair of zeros and multiply the quotient 34 by 2, i.e., 68, and the first number of the new divisor.
- Pick a digit in the unit’s place for the new divisor and its product must be less than or equal to 4400.
- Finally, sum up pairs of zeros and continue the division method of determining the divisor and product as mentioned in step 2.
- Hence, the square root of 12 is 3.464.
How to Find the Square Root of Negative 12?
The square root of 12 up to 10 decimal places is 3.4641016151. However, what’s the square root of negative 12? Below given is a simple way to determine the square root of negative 12. Moreover, teachers can teach Osmo’s Multiplication Table for Kids.
- Mathematically represent the negative 12 as√12 x √-1
- Now, simplify the equation, √12 is 3.464, and the √-1 is i
- Therefore, the square root of negative 12 is 3.464i
Is the Square Root of 12 Rational or Irrational?
The square root of 12 is an irrational number that is not possible to be expressed as p/q.
FAQs Related to Square Root of 12
Is the square root of negative 12 an imaginary number?
Yes. The square root of negative 12 is an imaginary number.
Can the square root of 12 be considered a rational number?
No. The square root of 12 is not considered a rational number.