Spring Crafts for Kids are fun. Spring is a season of colors, vibrant flowers, baby lambs and chicks, pretty bugs, colorful shower rainbows, everything associated with the beginning of springtime.
These easy spring crafts for kids are perfect for toddlers, preschoolers and kids of all ages. Toddlers and preschoolers enjoy the process of coloring, painting and drawing and later playing with their handcrafted creations. Below given are the five best spring craft ideas for kids which can be tried at home.
Spring Arts And Crafts For Kids
Pebble Lady Bird
This is a simple pebble ladybird – a little addition to a plant or imaginative insect or bug to play with.
Want to make some with the kids at home or classroom? The principal thing either the teachers or parents need to do is step outdoors to pick stones. The children certainly will have a great time exploring ‘the perfect stones’ then cleaning them in lukewarm, soapy water.
- Stones (Washed And Dried)
- Googly eyes
- Red and black tissue paper (must be cut into small squares)
- Mod Podge – Dishwasher Safe Gloss
How to Make?
- Decoupage the tissue papers on the stones by placing the paper on the rock.
- Then, paint on it with Mod Podge. Children can use scissors to mould small black circles from the black tissue paper. Continue surfacing the tissue paper over the rock until the kid is delighted with the ladybug.
- Create the bug’s aerials by turning tissue paper within the fingers and then smoothing Mod Podge. Apply the wooden tip of the paintbrush to push it down onto the rock.
- While the Mod Podge is still damp, connect two googly eyes to the stone. Let the ladybug dry entirely before setting it outdoors for play or illustration.
Egg Carton Flowers
- Acrylic Paint
- Paper Straw
- Egg Carton (not foam)
- Pom Pom
- Paint Brush
How to Make?
- Firstly, have someone slice four boxes out of the egg carton. Cut around the edges so that it presents a rounder frame for the flower petals.
- Spray some acrylic paint colors onto a paper base and let the children paint their flowers. Use any color children wish for or use a pastel palette.
- Once the paint is dried, one can join the flower stem by sticking it to the back. Use a paper straw so that it is solid enough to keep up the egg carton; if something like a pipe cleaner is utilized, it will just turn. Next, pick a colored pom and paste that to the centre of the decorated egg carton.
Cherry Blossom Handprint Tree
Preschoolers are free to recreate the look of a tree as they wish. The ‘handprint’ supplements a fun, unique touch which the kids seem to love.
Moreover, if the parents intend to try this idea with the children this Spring, why not make it a year-long plan and work the way over all the terms to form a compilation of seasonal handprint trees. This is one of the best DIY spring crafts for kids to practice during spring.
- White Stock Card
- White, Pink, Red and Brown Paint
- A Willing Arm
How to Make?
- Using a pencil, sketch a faint line throughout the kid’s arm and apply brown color.
- Rather than using ‘brown’ paint, give the children the primary colors and create colors. Kids (particularly toddlers) seldom have difficulty blending the color brown.
- Give a collection of red and pink paint, and assist the kids in designing multiple shades of pink by blending white.
- Once all the shades are set, add a q-tip to each tone.
- Cover the Q-tip in paint and dot it throughout the handprint, one color at a time.
- Layer the colors to add intensity and color, coloring the tree with beautiful ‘flowers’.
Rain Cloud and Sunshine
Spring is a time of sun and rain. Children love to create a craft that achieves that. Such spring craft activities for kids are a joy to create and are a graceful display in the classroom or home.
- Blue paper
- Cotton balls
- White construction paper
- Yellow paint
- Paper plate
- Clear tape
- Yarn (rather white or blue)
How to Make?
- Cut a cloud pattern out of white fabric paper. Make a pack of raindrops.
- Cut a few strands of yarn.
- Stick the thread on the rear of the cloud with the transparent strip. Separate them a little bit, sufficient to provide the drops without them touching each other.
- Stick the thread on the drops with the transparent strip.
- Color the paper plate yellow. Let the paint dry thoroughly before proceeding. Mark the sun rays. Crop the sun rays from a frame of the sun, making it more straightforward to stick the sun to the cloud. Paste the sun into the cloud.
- Apply a profuse amount of adhesive to the cloud. Paste-on cotton balls to make the cloud feathery.
Spring crafts for kids printable version is available. The parents and teachers must provide the kids with a printable version of spring crafts.
- Construction paper
- A glue stick, tape
- A pencil
How to Make?
- Begin by cutting two long layers of green fabric paper to be the headband of the crown.
- Paste them together. One can customise the length and sizes later when they tie it into a wide band. Place the headband away for now.
- Next, it is time to create the flowers. Form squares of fabric paper in a mixture of colors. They must be about 2-3 inches square. Wrap each square into fourths. Draw an easy flower petal shape.
- When the paper is opened, one must have a simplistic flower with four petals. Form a variety of flowers. Children can make some with rounded petals and some with pointed ones. Kids also need to make some yellow flowers and green leaves.
- The kid can do as much or as little of this design as they wish. A few kids enjoy cutting the flower centres and forming along the edges of the flower petals. However, a few have trouble sketching the petal shape, in any case. Even if the children do not want to take part in any cutting, it would still be a joy for them to stick the flowers together and systematize them on the crown.
- Utilizing all the centrepieces and flower petal pieces, arrange some flowers. Just stick things together.
- Finally, stick the flowers to the green headband that was made earlier. A few kids do not want to layer their flowers to put a simple flower crown collectively with an excellent design.
- Place the crown around the child’s head to level, and then fasten the headband in place in the exact size. Children certainly love the results.
Osmo also provides Mickey Mouse Games for Kids for the benefit of children.