So it appears that your child has gained some experience in addition and subtraction and has now started to practice multiplication. To make it easier for your child to learn, we’ve got some single digit multiplication worksheets!
Printable Single Digit Multiplication Worksheets
Once your child is done working on these printable single digit multiplication worksheets, you could play a few games!
- Multiplication Hopscotch: Here’s a twist on the classic game of Hopscotch. Once you’ve made your hopscotch grids with chalk on the pavement, fill each grid with a number. Then, call out a multiplication problem like 5 X 3, and have your child find the right number to hop to! You could make this game more challenging for older kids by filling each grid with objects that denote a number instead of writing down the number itself. For example, for a grid with number 2 on it, you could place 2 toys!
- Time Table Buzz: Pick a time table and practice it with this fun game. If you’ve picked the 5 times table, kids must say numbers in order and as soon as a child lands on a multiple of 5, they must say “buzz” instead of the number!
- Multiplication Cards: As the name of the game suggests, all kids have to do is keep drawing pairs of cards and multiply them. You could split kids into two teams to play this awesome game! Whichever team finds the maximum number of right answers to multiplication problems wins.
Multiplication Made Easy
- Avoid memorization: Relate multiplication to addition when you teach your child. Starting with memorizing multiplication tables might be challenging. They might struggle with it and this could demotivate them. Instead, show your child what happens when you repeatedly add the same number over and over.
- Multiply by 0 and 1: Teach kids about the properties of 0 before you move on to other numbers. These help build a better foundation for learning multiplication.
- Talk about the Commutative Property: No matter what order you write your numbers in, the product of two numbers remains the same. Teach your kids about this commutative property to encourage them that multiplication can be simple.
- Set Time to Practice Verbally or in Writing: Giving your kids some time to practice the multiplication tables, both verbally and in writing will help build math confidence. You could even make a catchy song of it.
- Always Visualize: Try to use objects as often as you can when you teach kids multiplication. Merely listening to you or reading about multiplication might drain them. It’s always better (and fun!) to use objects that appeal to them. You could use toy cars, soft toys, etc!
For more worksheets and kids learning games, check the rest of our website.
Frequently Asked Questions on Single Digit Multiplication Worksheets
How to learn Single Digit Multiplication Worksheets?
You can teach kids Single Digit Multiplication Worksheets using these simple and fun ways. Firstly, teach kids to multiply by 1 and 0. Besides this, allow kids to visualize and learn the concept so that they can solve the mathematical problems accurately.
What are the types of Single Digit Multiplication Worksheets?
The types of Single Digit Multiplication Worksheets are multiplication times tables buzz, multiplication card games, hopscotch games and other multiplication activities. These are some of the different yet fun types of Single Digit Multiplication Worksheets.