Shape Tracing Worksheets
Learning how to recognize and draw a shape is an integral part of a child’s early education. Even before identifying alphabets and numbers, kids start recognizing shapes and colors. Shape tracing worksheets and shape games for kids are wonderful tools that make learning to trace and draw these shapes easily. Additionally, these worksheets also ensure that children remember the shapes easily.
Learning shapes helps a child with letter and numbers recognition skills. This is necessary for a child to read and write. Tracing, scribbling and drawing games for kids are important activities that help children learn how to write. These free shape tracing worksheets helps in improving their gross and fine motor skills. Additionally, tracing shapes and drawing helps children develop better handwriting too. Use these preschool shapes worksheet along with shape tracing worksheets to boost your child’s knowledge of shapes.
These worksheets help children get an idea of how the shape looks and learn to draw them too. Along with recognizing and arranging visual data, shape tracing worksheets also helps them learn math, reading, and science skills too. Understanding shapes is also crucial to recognize symbols and signs. Here are some amazing shape tracing worksheets for your children.
Free Shape Tracing Worksheets
One of the best math activities for little children is learning about shapes. Hand out these shape tracing worksheets to help your kids learn to draw them.
Kindergarten Shape Tracing Worksheets
Use these shape tracing worksheets to help your kindergartener trace and learn to draw different shapes.
Shape Tracing Worksheets
A solid understanding of shapes can help preschoolers identify numbers and alphabets. Help your little ones recognize shapes using these shape tracing worksheets.
Activities to Boost Shape Recognition With Shape Tracing Worksheets
Little children are very playful and tend to get distracted easily. They usually find it hard to pay attention during lessons. So, parents and educators need to come up with innovative ways to help kids learn. Games, hands-on activities and worksheets for kids make learning fun and engaging and helps kids remember the information easily too. Here are a few activities that will help children in learning the shapes. Involve your child in these activities along with shape tracing worksheets to help them learn quickly.
- Collage: This simple shape collage is a great activity to boost a child’s shape recognition with minimal materials.
- Black Construction paper
- Glue stick
- Color pencils or crayons
- Help your little ones draw 5 easy shapes like, triangles, rectangles, squares, circles, cones etc on the construction paper.
- Then, help the kids cut out the shapes on the construction paper.
- Finally, ask them to color the shapes and paste them on the black construction paper to create their collage.
- Shape cards
- Pipe cleaners
- Assorted buttons and beads in different colors and shapes
- Start by getting the children to sort the buttons and beads based on their shape.
- Now, hold up a particular shape card and ask the child to pick a button of that shape. For example, if you hold up a star-shaped card, the child will have to pick a star-shaped button.
- Finally, help them string the buttons and beads they’ve picked onto the pipe cleaner. Once they’ve added enough buttons and beads, tie up the ends of the pipe cleaner to make the bracelet.
- Cookie cutters (round, triangle, square, star and other cookie cutters of your choice)
- Sugar cookie dough
- Baking sheet
- Roll out the sugar cookie dough until it’s about ¼ inch thick. Place it on a silpat covered baking sheet and chill for at least 2 hours.
- Once the cookie dough is firm, hand your little ones different shaped cookie cutters. Ask them to dip the cookie cutters in flour and press firmly onto the cookie dough to cut out shapes.
- Place the cookies on another lined baking sheet and bake them according to the directions in the recipe.
- Once they’re baked, have your child sort the cookies according to shape and name each shape correctly before eating the cookies.
Once your child has mastered shapes and colors, help them learn the letters of the alphabet using ABC tracing worksheets. Osmo has a wide range of games, activities and worksheets to boost your kids learning, check our website to know more.
Frequently Asked Questions on Shape Tracing Worksheets
Why is learning shapes are so important?
Shapes are an important part of our lives, they are everywhere. Learning this helps kids to identify and categorize things according to their shapes. Shape learning also comes in handy in order to learn important concepts in mathematics and science.
What are the benefits of shape tracing worksheets?
Tracing and shape learning are very crucial pre-writing skills for a child. Shape tracing worksheets combine learning with one of the favorite activities of a child, drawing. These worksheets help kids to learn the names and features of different shapes alongwith drawing.