Science is the most important subject in the education system. Therefore, kids are introduced to science from an early age in the form of activities or games. You can teach simple science experiments for kids so that they can learn basic concepts for better understanding and learning outcomes. To spice up, you can teach science facts for kids in order to create interest among them in learning science.
In This Article:
- Science Facts For Kids About Space
- Science Facts For Kids About The Earth
- Science Facts For Kids About The Human Body
- Science Facts For Kids About Food
- Science Facts For Kids About Animals
- Science Facts For Kids About Energy
Incorporate mind blowing science facts for kids in their curriculum so that they can get familiar with various topics related to science. Check out some of the interesting fun science facts for kids here.
Fun Science Facts For Kids
Did you know science facts for kids can be highly beneficial in terms of imparting knowledge on different topics that can fetch them a good score in the exam. With the help of science games for kids, you can easily engage them to concentrate on things that you’re teaching. Here is a list of amazing science facts for kids mentioned below:
Science Facts For Kids About Space
- Jupiter is the largest planet in the solar system.
- The only planet which spins clockwise is Venus.
- The solar system was formed approximately 4.6 billion years ago.
- You cannot walk on Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus and Neptune as it consists of only gases and no surface to walk.
- The age of the average star is between 1- 10 billion years old.
- The space is completely silent as there is no medium for sound to travel through.
- There are more stars in the sky than the grains of sand on the beach.
- The days in Neptune are 16 hours long.
- More than 100 billion galaxies are there in the universe apart from the Milky Way.
- The wind blows over 1000 miles per hour in Neptune.
Science Facts For Kids About The Earth
- Approximately 71 percent of the ocean is covered on the Earth’s surface.
- Due to gravitational pull from the moon, the ocean experiences high and low tides.
- The Moon is the only natural satellite for the Earth.
- The only planet which can support life in the solar system is the Earth.
- The largest rainforest on Earth is Amazon rainforest.
- The largest desert on the Earth is the Sahara.
- The largest river on the Earth is the Nile.
- The highest mountain on the Earth is Mt. Everest.
- The Earth is made up of iron, carbon and silicon along with a little magnesium.
- There are around 8.7 million unique species on earth.
- The Earth’s temperature is around 7,500 Kelvin which is hotter than the sun.
- The largest living structure in the world is the Great Barrier Reef in Australia.
Science Facts For Kids About The Human Body
- The human heart beats about 100000 times a day.
- Adult human consists of 206 bones in the body.
- Thigh bone is the largest bone in the human body.
- Adults have 32 teeth.
- Red blood cells carry oxygen all over the body.
- The level of melanin pigment is responsible for the skin color in the human body.
- The brain cannot feel the pain.
- The parts of the human body that remain the same from birth to death are eyes.
- The adults have around 70 percent of water in the body.
- The human body takes around 12 hours to digest food.
- The human nose can recognize up to trillions of scents.
- Males are more likely to get color blindness than females.
- The left lung is smaller than the right lung in the human body.
Science Facts For Kids About Food
- Tomatoes are considered to be fruits.
- Bamboos are the fastest growing plant.
- Humans use around 2000 varieties of plants for food.
- Humans share 50 percent of their DNA with bananas.
- Apples can float on water.
- Plants give preference to their siblings like humans.
- The oldest living tree is about 4, 843 years old.
- The Earth consists of around 80,000 edible plants.
- Pineapple takes almost 2 years to grow.
Science Facts For Kids About Animals
- The lifespan of dogs is around 10 – 14 years.
- Cats can sleep up to 13 to 14 hours a day.
- Tiger belongs to the cat family.
- A group of tigers are called ambush.
- Animals who can sleep while standing are cows and horses.
- The average lifespan of a housefly is 2- 3 weeks.
- Among mosquitoes, only female mosquitoes will bite humans.
- The female giraffe can give birth to their offspring while standing.
- Gorillas are considered to be the most intelligent animals.
- Dolphins have excellent eyesight and hearing abilities.
- Rats are very playful animals as they can laugh when tickled.
- Dragonflies have 6 legs but still they cannot walk.
- Elephants are the largest animals in the world.
- The bird which can fly backward is Hummingbird.
Science Facts For Kids About Energy
- Plants use energy from the sun for photosynthesis.
- Energy can be transformed into one form into another.
- The windmills consist of large wind turbines that transform wind energy into electricity.
- According to the law of conservation energy, it cannot be created or destroyed but only transformed from one form to another.
- The color of the oxygen is pale blue in the form of liquid and solid state.
- The bolt of lightning is five times hotter than the sun.
- Plastic is considered to be an electrical insulator as it doesn’t allow electricity to pass through.
- Plastic takes 450 years to decompose.
- Hot water freezes faster than cold water.
Frequently Asked Questions For Science Facts For Kids
What are science facts for kids?
These are interesting and fun information related to science that hardly people know. Learning these science facts for kids will enable them to increase their knowledge for better learning outcomes.
What are the examples of science facts for kids?
A few examples of science facts for kids are that there are 206 bones in the human body, tomatoes are fruits, cows and horses can sleep while standing, there are more stars than the grains of sand on the beach, etc.