Explore Free Rhyming Words Worksheet For Kids
Rhymes are an integral part of a child’s learning. We start off teaching our kids by reading or singing rhymes to them. But, we don’t realize how powerful these rhyming words can be in enhancing kids’ learning experience. A rhyme is a repetition of similar-sounding words. Rhyming words worksheet is one of the best education tools to learn rhyming words for kids more effectively. There are free rhyming words worksheets for kids available online. You can download it to make kids practice rhyming words on a regular basis.
It helps them to develop critical verbal skills and reading skills. These rhyming words worksheets pdf help children learn the different sounds of words. Learning the concept of rhyming words is an important part of a child’s education as it helps in developing their phonics awareness. Rhyming words for kids will enable them to develop vocabulary and language skills.
Interesting Preschool Rhyming Words Worksheet For Kids
Rhyming words are words that have the same sound. The words might have completely different spellings, but when you say them out loud, they sound similar. Often, these similar-sounding words have shared sequences of letters.
List Of Rhyming Words Worksheet For Kids
- All of these three rhyming words have the sequence ALL at the end of the word. But, not all rhyming words share the same sequence. Some of them even have completely different sequences of letters but still, sound similar. None of these rhyming words has the same sequence of letters, yet they sound the same.
- Rhyming words worksheets are a great way to learn and practice the different rhyming words in the English language. Here are some great rhyming words worksheets that will help your child learn how to rhyme.
Fun And Interesting Rhyming Word Worksheet For Kindergarten
Here are some rhyming words worksheets for kids mentioned below:
Rhyming Words Worksheet: Look at the images and connect with their rhyming words.
Rhyming Words Worksheet: Look at the images and circle the pictures that rhyme with the first row.
Rhyming Words Worksheet: Look at the words on the left side of the worksheet and match with their rhyming word on the right side.
Rhyming Words Worksheet: Write the right rhyming words in the box for the question. The picture gives you a clue.
Tips To Use Rhyming Words Worksheet Pdf
Most preschoolers and kindergarteners have heard or recited rhymes. Nursery rhymes offer kids the perfect introduction to the world of rhyming words. So, when it comes to learning rhyming words, children usually pick them up naturally. But not all kids are good with words and need some help before they become wordsmiths. Therefore, conduct innovative rhyming activities to teach vocabulary words for kids.
Rhyming is a skill that children learn in three stages. First, they hear and learn the rhyme. Then as they grow accustomed to hearing rhyming words, they start identifying two or three rhyming words. And finally, they learn to produce words that rhyme with each other. Here are some useful tips and tricks that will help your child learn how to rhyme.
Nursery rhymes for kids
For kids, nursery rhymes are the first introduction to the world of rhyming words. As you recite the rhymes over and over with your child, point out words that rhyme. For example: Jack and Jill by Samuel Arnold
Jack and Jill went up the hill
To fetch a pail of water,
Jack fell down and broke his crown,
And Jill came tumbling after.
In this rhyme, Jill rhymes with hill, down rhymes with crown and water rhymes with after.
Interesting Games To Learn Rhyming Words Worksheet
Once your child has learned to identify rhymes, play rhyming games with them to help them come up with rhyming words. These literacy games for kids will enhance their skill and provide academic excellence. Here are some engaging rhyming games to help your child learn how to rhyme.
List Of Rhyming Games For Kids
- Play “What’s in my basket?”: Fill a basket with several common objects in your house. You can fill the box with a ball, bat, book, etc. Ask your child to pick one item from the basket and say a rhyming word for the name of the item. For example: Pick a ball from the basket. Then say, “The word that rhymes with ball is mall.”
- Play “Get out of the wagon”: Get out of the wagon is a popular game to teach your child to identify rhyming words. You’ll need several pieces of paper with rhyming words written on them. These are your word cards. Print out a wagon on a piece of cardstock paper. Place three of the word cards in the wagon. For example: Mat, Bat and Crown. Ask the child to remove the word card that doesn’t rhyme and tell it to “Get out of the wagon.”
Benefits Of Using Rhyming Words Worksheet
Some of the benefits of a rhyming words worksheet for kids are mentioned below:
- Develops language and communication skills.
- Understands the utilization of words in making meaningful sentences.
- Engages kids for longer periods of time.
- Provides in-depth knowledge of rhyming words.
- Enables kids to write poems and other creative content.
- Easily accessible for the kids.
- Fun and entertaining for kids to practice rhyming words worksheets.
- Attracts kids attention to learning rhyming words with visually appealing images and graphics on the worksheet.
- Motivate and boost confidence among kids to improve their academic performance.
- Offers easy and understandable words.
Frequently Asked Questions on Rhyming Words Worksheet
What are the examples of Rhyming Words Worksheet?
The examples of Rhyming Words Worksheet are cheese, peas, sneeze, tease, lease, ball, tall, call, small, crawl, cat, rat, mat, pat, sat, hat, fat, bat, hot, cot, etc.
What are the different types of Rhyming Words Worksheet?
The different types of Rhyming Words Worksheet are that you can ask the child to have a look at the pictures and connect it with its rhyming words, ask them to take a look at the pictures that rhyme with the word ‘Cat’ and mark them using marker.