Puzzles are the perfect playmate, they are fun and entertaining for kids to learn. They come in a wide variety of shapes, colors, themes and varying ranges of difficulty depending on the child’s age. Puzzles for 3 year old kids are a great tool to improve their brainpower. Additionally, it equips them with the capability and the right tools to process things from a young age.
Puzzles for kids are simple and fun activities that also play a very important role in early childhood development. These fun activities help kids learn crucial skills necessary for their development. The internet is full of puzzle games for 3 year olds like word puzzles, number puzzles, board puzzles etc. These educational games can help your child learn new things and grasp them quickly. Here are some of the best puzzles for your 3 year old child.
List Of Best Puzzles For 3 Year Olds
- Number puzzles for 3-year-olds – Counting Games: Counting puzzle games are one of the simplest and best puzzle games for 3-year-olds. These puzzles usually come with number blocks ranging from 1 to 50 or 1 to 100. Children should join the blocks in numerical order, which helps them learn the sequential order and to count numbers quickly. It is advised to recite the numbers while joining the blocks to help kids grasp them easily. These puzzle games can help your kids to develop mathematical skills at an early age.
- Alphabet learning puzzles for 3-year-olds: Alphabet puzzles are a wonderful tool to help your 3-year-old to learn the letters of the English alphabet easily. Similar to number puzzles, alphabet puzzle games also have several colorful puzzle blocks, with the letters of the alphabet printed on them. Help your 3-year-old kid learn the letters and the order of the alphabet using this puzzle.
- Mathematical puzzles for 3-year-olds – Shapes and Sizes: One of the first mathematical concepts that little children learn is shape recognition and size awareness. Shapes and sizes puzzles are one of the best ways to teach your 3-year-old about basic Geometrical shapes. These puzzles have various basic geometrical shapes like circles, squares, rectangles, triangles, stars etc.
- Princess puzzles for 3-year-olds – Inspired by cartoon characters: Little kids all over the world love cartoons, animated movies like Disney, Pixar etc and their characters. They usually have fond memories attached to these characters. Here is a great idea to improve your kids learning – princess puzzles for 3 year old kids. Solving simple puzzles that involve their beloved cartoon characters will make learning fun and engaging.
- Jigsaw Puzzles For Three Year Olds: Jigsaw puzzles are wonderful toys that help children learn while playing. Shape recognition, pattern recognition, strategic and logical thinking skills are just some of the things that jigsaw puzzles teach three year old kids. Additionally, it improves their hand-eye coordination, fine motor skills, cognitive and problem-solving skills.
Your 3-year-old can solve these simple puzzle games by matching the right shape to its correct name. This helps children improve their ability to identify things and process the information at a faster rate.
Benefits Of Solving Puzzles For 3 Year Old Kids
Solving puzzles are not only fun, but they also have several benefits. Here are some benefits of solving puzzles for 3 year old kids.
- Better Interaction Skills: Puzzles for 3 year old kids are wonderful tools to help your little one learn to interact better. Children usually start speaking by the time they are 2 or 3 years old. These puzzle games usually impact your child’s brain activity drastically and enhance your child’s ability to grasp new words at a quicker pace. So, help your 3-year-old learn to interact better by solving puzzles. Children find it easy to understand things they hear. Solving puzzle games help them learn to respond in a better way.
- Enhanced Concentration Memory Power By Solving Puzzle Games For 3 Year Old Kids: Puzzle games for 3-year-olds are designed to include shapes and sizes and alphabet games. This helps children learn and remember the shapes and sizes of geometrical figures, alphabets, numbers, patterns etc. Solving these puzzles helps 3-year-old kids to learn new things and process information effectively, which helps them retain the information in their memory.
- Physical, Cognitive and Emotional Skills: These are basic skills that every human being needs to function. And solving puzzle games for 3 year old kids helps them learn these skills easily. Your 3-year-old can develop physical skills by holding, feeling and grasping the puzzle blocks. This helps them understand concepts like shape, size etc.
- Ability To Solve Complex Tasks By Solving Board Puzzles For 3 Year Olds: As kids grow and attend elementary school, they have to study and learn many complicated subjects. Solving these simple puzzle games lays a solid foundation for your 3-year-old’s educational journey. By solving puzzles designed for 3-year-olds, they learn to find solutions for a specific set of problems. It also helps them learn to think out of the box to find innovative solutions to solve even the most complex problems. Additionally, each time they finish a puzzle, it boosts their self-esteem. This enables them to be independent, confident, good learners.
- Concentration And Self-Correction: Puzzles and problems have one thing in common, they need a lot of focus and patience. There is no one way to solve a puzzle, but there are no shortcuts or cheats to solve them. So, if a piece doesn’t fit, they need to find one that does. If they make a mistake, they need to stop, evaluate and figure out a solution on their own. This helps them learn how to correct their mistakes and learn from them.
Kids enhance their cognitive skills as they learn how to solve the simple problems in the puzzles. Your child develops emotional skills as they learn to patiently take time to solve the puzzle and earn rewards at the end of completing the task. Puzzles for three year olds help children learn to bond with friends of their own age. Additionally, playing with a group helps them to learn teamwork, sharing and supporting each other.
Looking for more puzzles to make playtime more educational for your child? Check out these fun math puzzles for kids and help them become math pros.
Frequently Asked Questions on Puzzles For 3 Year Old
What are some of the Puzzles For 3 Year Olds?
Some of the Puzzles For 3 Year Olds are word building puzzles For 3 Year Olds, crossword puzzles for 3 year olds, jigsaw puzzles for 3 year olds, math puzzles for 3 year olds – sizes and shapes, counting games, alphabet games, etc.
What are the advantages of Puzzles For 3 Year Olds?
The advantages of Puzzles For 3 Year Olds are that they teach them cognitive skills, improved memory power. Also, improves problem solving skills and the ability to take important decisions.