Tickle Your Little One’s Funny Bone And Get Them Thinking with These Kid Appropriate Puns
Puns are an amazing source of laughter and humor. Not only are they funny, they’re a great way to learn new words and wordplay. If you’re looking to build a robust vocabulary for kids in a fun way, introduce them to puns for kids. A pun is a form of wordplay, in which you make a joke with similar sounding words or words with multiple meanings. Puns for kids are also a great way to get the cogs in their brain working and come up with creative answers.
Puns are a great way to liven up a dull day or a family game night. Along with good humor, puns will also test your family’s thinking skills. You can also try playing trivia games for kids to make family game night more fun. Here is a list of funny puns for kids that you can enjoy with your little ones. These kid appropriate puns are sure to leave your friends and family in a fit of giggles.
Funny Puns For Kids
Here is a list of age-appropriate funny puns for kids.
- What would you call an alligator wearing a vest?
- What would you call a crocodile which does criminal activities?
- Why did Spidey the spider switch on the computer?
- What would you say to the person who invented zero?
- How is a waffle different from a pancake?
- Why was the party in space so bad?
- What would you call a five that’s sitting on a cloud?
- What do mobile phones and dogs have in common?
- What would you call a lazy baby Kangaroo?
- Why couldn’t Suzie put down her book?
- What did the picture tell the judge in court?
- The horse who lives nearby is a __________.
- How do horses stay in such great shape?
- It has a lot of ears, yet can’t hear a word you say! What is it?
- Why is the weightlifter so upset?
- How do the dogs take a break in between a movie?
- What did the librarian tell the clock?
- How did one volcano propose the other one?
- What would “The Great Gatsby” have been called if it was based on a cat?
- What do clouds wear?
- What did the pizza say to the topping?
- What did the cow tell her playful calf who wouldn’t sleep?
- Why are the cats so good at video games?
- Do you know why the broom was late to work?
- Can you guess the name of the most famous fish spy?
- What would you call a pizza that’s taking a nap?
- What does a lawyer wear to the courtroom every day?
- Why did Jason give up the idea of making a pencil which has erasers at both its ends?
- How did the baby girl tell her mom that her diaper was wet?
- What’s Thanos’ favorite app?
- One should be very careful while telling jokes near glass, why?
- What do you call a knight who has given up fighting?
- Fish are found in salt water because __________.
- What is a cat’s favorite dessert?
- Leopards can never hide because ________.
- What happened when the thieves stole all the lamps?
- What subject did the snake ace in school?
- What did people say about Finn and Quinn who dressed up as almonds for Halloween?
- Why should you never trust the stairs?
- Why did Johnny eat his homework?
- What did the bottle tell the pickle on the plate?
- How do astronauts put their baby to sleep?
- Why do seagulls fly over the sea?
- Why was the baby raspberry crying?
- How did Moana know the ocean was her friend?
- What did the bird call his girlfriend?
- What did the pickle tell the cucumber on the counter?
- Anna, Olaf and Kristoff had 1 balloon each, but Elsa didn’t, why?
- How did the computer freeze?
- Why did the coffee go to the police?
Answer: An Investigator!
Answer: A Crookodile!
Answer: To have a look at his web-site!
Answer: “Thanks for nothing!”
Answer: Waffles are pancakes that went to the gym to beef up!
Answer: They didn’t plan-et well.
Answer: A high-five!
Answer: They both have collar IDs.
Answer: A pouch potato!
Answer: Because the book is on anti-gravity.
Answer: I was framed!
Answer: They are always on a stable diet.
Answer: A cornfield.
Answer: Because she needs to work with dumb-bells!
Answer: By putting the movie on paws!
Answer: Don’t tock loudly!
Answer: “I Lava you”.
Answer: It would have been called “The Great Catsby”!
Answer: “I never sau-sage a pretty face!”
Answer: “It’s well past-ure bedtime”!
Answer: Because they’ve got 9 lives!
Answer: Because it overswept!
Answer: James Pond.
Answer: A piZZZZZa!
Answer: A great lawsuit!
Answer: Because he realized that there would be no point!
Answer: She sent her a pee-mail!
Answer: Because it can crack-up!
Answer: Pepper makes them sneeze!
Answer: The chocolate mouse!
Answer: They’ll always be spotted!
Answer: The room was de-lighted.
Answer: People said they were nuts!
Answer: Well, because they are always up-to something!
Answer: Because he was told it was a piece of cake!
Answer: Dill with it!
Answer: They rock-et.
Answer: Because if they flew over land, they’d be called land gulls!
Answer: Because his parents were stuck in a jam!
Answer: It always waves!
Answer: it went through a jarring-experience!
Answer: She let it go!
Answer: Someone left a window open!
Answer: It got mugged every morning!
Benefits Of Teaching Puns for Kids
- Puns for kids are a great way to boost a child’s sense of humor.
- Vocabulary lessons can sometimes be boring, including puns for kids adds a zing to these lessons and helps kids learn while they enjoy.
- Along with vocabulary, puns for kids helps children learn wordplay and different forms of language called metalinguistic awareness.
- Metalinguistic awareness helps children build a higher-order of thinking and improves their reading comprehension.
We hope you and your child had a great laugh with these funny puns for kids. Looking for more activities to make your party more fun and boost your child’s creative thinking skills? Try riddles for kids and tongue twisters for kids. Explore Osmo to make your kids grow smarter and sharper with hands-on kids learning activities and games.