Does your child need help in learning about a pumpkin life cycle? A pumpkin life cycle worksheet is the best tool to help kids learn the concept. Little children are very curious, they’re still trying to make sense of the world around them. So, they love to explore their surroundings to learn more about the things they see. Exploring the animals and plants around them helps them learn the basics of their environment and science. Help your child learn more about science using these tips for teaching science at home.
One such fruit children will see often this season is pumpkin. With fall and Halloween right around the corner, this is the best time to teach your little ones about a pumpkin’s life cycle. Worksheets for kids like the pumpkin life cycle worksheet makes teaching little children easy and fun.
Pumpkins are an integral part of Halloween celebrations, it’s an age-old tradition to carve pumpkins to make jack-o-lanterns. This Halloween, make pumpkin carving more fun by helping your child learn about a pumpkin’s life cycle. Include fun Halloween activity sheets and a pumpkin life cycle worksheet in your child’s curriculum. These worksheets help the kids visualize the lesson to understand and remember it easily too. Here are some amazing pumpkin life cycle worksheets for kids.
Free Pumpkin Life Cycle Worksheet
Help your child revise their lesson on a pumpkin’s life cycle and test their knowledge using these printable worksheets.
Printable Pumpkin Life Cycle Worksheet: Cut And Paste Images In The Correct Order
This worksheet is a fun way to test your preschoolers and kindergarten kids’ understanding of the lesson on pumpkin life cycle. Print the worksheet and ask your child to cut the images and then paste them in the correct order according to the pumpkin’s life cycle.
Wondering about the life cycle of other things? Try this butterfly life cycle worksheet to learn more.
Pumpkin Life Cycle Worksheet: Label The Different stages
Pumpkin life cycle worksheets are a great way for kids to learn about the different stages in a pumpkin’s life cycle. Help your children label the different stages of a pumpkin’s life cycle in this worksheet.
Learn About A Pumpkin’s Life Cycle With Pumpkin Life Cycle Worksheet
Each plant goes through different stages, beginning with seed, sprouts, baby plant and finally becoming a mature plant that bears fruit. Similarly, the pumpkin plant too goes through various stages. However, in contrast with other plants, the pumpkin plant goes through six stages: seed, sprout, vine, flower, green pumpkin, and orange pumpkin. Help your child understand the different parts of a plant with parts of a plant worksheet.
Life Cycle Of A Pumpkin
The life of a pumpkin begins by sowing seeds in warm soil. Once the seeds have consumed all the moisture and nutrients from the soil, they begin to sprout and pop up over the ground. In the next stage, the sprouts develop into a vine and leaves start to grow. Then, the vine shoots start producing flowers, which then produce fruit, the green pumpkins. These green pumpkins mature and ripen to give us orange pumpkins. Once you explain this to your child, help them understand the lesson easily using a printable pumpkin life cycle worksheet.
Science experiments for kids are a wonderful way to help kids understand science lessons. So, make your child’s lesson on the life cycle of a pumpkin more interesting by helping them grow pumpkins. Here are the stages in the life cycle of a pumpkin.
- Seed: This is the first stage in a pumpkin’s life cycle. Pumpkin seeds are sown in late spring or early summer, early or mid June. Once you sow them, water the patch regularly. Help your child learn about the seasons with a seasons worksheet before they plant pumpkin seeds.
- Sprout: This is the second stage in the life cycle of a pumpkin. Pumpkin seeds germinate within 8 to 10 days of sowing, you’ll notice a pair of green leaves pop up from the soil.
- Vine: Pumpkin plants are vines, so they spread or trail on the ground. In this third stage, the pumpkin sprout grows and turns into a vine.
- Flower: In this stage, the vine grows larger and some of the shoots start producing flower buds. Slowly, the buds blossom into yellow flowers on the pumpkin plant. This is one of the most beautiful stages in a plant life cycle.
- Green Pumpkin: The flowers on the pumpkin plant get pollinated and turn into fruits, which is a small, green pumpkin. It takes around 45 to 55 days for the pumpkin to grow.
- Orange Pumpkin: This is the last stage of the life cycle of a pumpkin, the green pumpkin grows in size and ripens to give you an orange pumpkin. Show kids the fruits of their labor, the fully ripe, orange pumpkin ready for Halloween.
Fun Facts About Pumpkin To Teach With Pumpkin Life Cycle Worksheet
Science games for kids like trivia questions and fun facts are a great way to boost a child’s learning. Additionally, these games and activities make learning more fun and engaging. Here are some fun facts about pumpkins you can teach while kids solve the pumpkin life cycle worksheet.
- Depending on its size and variety, a pumpkin can take about 80-120 days to grow from a seed to a fruit.
- Did you know that North America gave pumpkins to the world? They are also one of the oldest cultivated plants in the world.
- Almost every part of a pumpkin plant is edible, you can eat the green leaves, stems, flowers and the fruits. Pumpkin flower fritters are an amazing snack.
- Pumpkins are part of the squash family and according to science, it’s a fruit!
- 90% of a pumpkin is made up of water, so it’s one of the best low calorie foods.
Osmo has a variety of activities, games and worksheets that make learning fun and easy. To know more, check out our kids learning section.
Frequently Asked Questions on Pumpkin Life Cycle Worksheet
What are the different stages of a pumpkin that you have learned in Pumpkin Life Cycle Worksheet?
The different stages of a pumpkin that you have learned in Pumpkin Life Cycle Worksheet are seed, sprout, vine, flower, green pumpkin and orange pumpkin.
Why should kids practice Pumpkin Life Cycle Worksheet?
Kids should practice Pumpkin Life Cycle Worksheet because it helps them to understand the life cycle of a plant in a detailed manner and improve their thinking skills and analytical thinking abilities.