We often find that kids are almost always happy. This is because they find joy in the simple pleasures of life. They feel super thrilled when they see a butterfly, watch an airplane, jump over dirty puddles, and even when they get to have their favorite meal. However, there are a few sad days for kids too. Sometimes they’re not even able to identify the source of their worry. You can help make them feel a little better during those days with this list of positive words for kids.
These positive words for kids will help turn those negative emotions into positive ones!
List of Positive Words for Kids
- You make me happy
- Your opinions and choices are important to me
- I love you
- I believe in you
- You are unique
- You are gifted
- Your thoughts are valuable to me
- You are thoughtful
- You are intelligent
- You can tell me anything
- You are special to me
- I love spending time with you
- I am so proud of you
- Tell me how your day was
- Let me know if you need any help
- I am always here for you
- Follow your heart
- You are amazing
- Don’t give up
- Effort is more important than winning
- Don’t compare yourself to others
- Follow your dreams
- You deserve a break sometimes
- It’s okay to be sad
- Go play!
- Nobody is perfect and that’s absolutely fine
- Your negative feelings will pass
- Have fun!
- Don’t be afraid. If you are, it’s okay. We can deal with it together
- Enjoy the moment
- You will get through this
- You are strong
- Take deep breaths
- Help yourself and your loved ones always
- Be honest
- It’s okay to make mistakes
- You can say no
- I see you working hard
- I need you
- Let’s try it your way
Benefits of Positive Words for Kids
- Telling your kids a few positive words everyday will help them develop a positive mindset
- Our list of positive words for kids will help boost self-esteem
- It will build a happy, supportive home life
- It will change how kids perceive themselves, in a positive way. This will in turn make them believe in themselves.
- It also pushes them to be determined. Because these positive words make kids more self-confident, they can bounce back from setbacks and develop resilience and determination to overcome challenges.
Tips on Using Positive Words for Kids
When you refer to our list of positive words for kids, make sure to do the following:
- Always focus on their abilities instead of efforts. This will develop a growth mindset. If kids are praised just because of their successes, they believe that they’re incapable of winning.
- Remember to not praise them too much. Although our list of positive words for kids are all about complimenting your little ones and making them feel special, it’s best to not overdo the praises. When kids are always praised, it might cause them to be arrogant. It might also decrease their motivation.
- Try to not generalize when you use positive words for kids. For example, instead of saying “wow, great job!”, you could say “the way you did _____ (insert whichever activity your child has done) was admirable”. This will make your comment sound more personal and genuine.