Every species in the world has a specific region or a place where they live and adapt to its weather conditions. Similarly, plants adapt to the conditions where they can grow. To teach kids about different habitats of plants based on their adaptations, you can download plant habitats worksheets. These worksheets for kids enable kids to understand the habitats of plants where they live and their contribution to the ecological balance in the environment.
Plants are eukaryotic organisms that produce their own food through photosynthesis. They provide food, shelter, oxygen and other essential commodities for humans and other living beings. Plants are divided into many subdivisions or families based on their characteristics. Every family of the plant kingdom has specific features that suit particular regions or weather conditions. Therefore, kids need to understand and learn about their habitats through plant habitats worksheets. These science worksheets are designed by keeping children’s grasping abilities and age in mind.
Check science worksheets related articles:
|Butterfly Life Cycle Worksheet||Water Cycle Worksheet|
|Body Part Worksheet||5 Senses Worksheet|
|States of Matter Worksheet||Earth Day Worksheets|
|Seasons Worksheets||Parts of a Plant Worksheets|
Free Printable Plant Habitats Worksheets
Plants are classified based on the morphology, physiology, anatomy and other characteristics that make them unique from other species. Young children come across many plants that belong to different habitats around them. For example, cactus is found in desert regions, water lilies on the ponds or lakes, trees on the lands and seaweeds in the oceans. To teach the different kinds of habitats, you can ask kids to practice plant habitats worksheets for better understanding. You can also include these worksheets while conducting science experiments for kids related to plant habitats. Here are some free printable plant habitats worksheets for kids:
Label habitats of plants on the worksheet given below
Help your children label the plants in space provided. This worksheet enables children to learn how to spell the habitats of plants easily. Check out the labeling plant habitats worksheet for kids given below.
Match the plants to their respective habitats on the worksheet
Check out the matching plant habitats worksheet for kids given below. Allow kids to explore their creativity and match the plants corresponding to their habitat in the space provided.
Types of Plant Habitats Worksheets for Kids
A few types of plant habitats worksheets for kids are mentioned below:
- Labeling worksheets: In this worksheet, kids must label the images or write the names of the plants below their respective habitats. Kids can recognize and understand the habitats where the particular plants live. For example, rose plants on the land, seaweed in the ocean, cactus in the desert, etc.
- Matching worksheets: In this worksheet, kids must match the images of the plants with their corresponding habitats. This worksheet helps children recall and remember the plants and their habitats seen or heard before. It increases the retention of information in their memory and allows them to upgrade their knowledge for better learning outcomes.
- Identifying worksheets: In this worksheet, you must ask kids to carefully look at the images of the plants illustrated on the left side of the worksheet. Then, kids can write the names of the habitats adjacent to the illustrated plants. This activity efficiently improves their knowledge of plant habitats.
- Word searching worksheets: In this worksheet, kids must find the letters of the word on plant habitats mentioned below in the worksheet. Kids can search the letters from left to right and top to bottom to get the correct word they are searching for. These word search puzzles for kids are a great way to enhance their critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Complete the sentence worksheets: In this worksheet, kids must learn to complete the sentences by filling in the blanks with the words related to plant habitats. This worksheet helps them improve their comprehension and writing skills. You can conduct writing games for kids to use plant habitats worksheets to practice and know different types of habitats found on the Earth for the plants.
Types of Habitats for Plants
Plant Habitats are the place where species live and grow. It is a place where they produce food and provide oxygen and shelter. The different types of habitats for plants are mentioned below:
- Deserts: These regions are the hottest in the world. The temperature of these regions can reach up to 45 degrees celsius. The most commonly grown plant in the desert is the cactus. The cactus is thick to prevent water loss and retain them for a longer period of time.
- Oceans: The plants found in the oceans are called aquatic plants, for example, seaweeds.
- Mountains: These are the hilly regions where the temperature is very cold. The plants growing in these regions have small leaves to prevent water loss.
- Forests: The Forest is covered with trees and plants. The forests are divided into tropical and temperate. Different types of plants that grow in tropical forests are pine, moss, fern, etc., and temperate forests consist of oak, elm, maple, etc.
- Grasslands: These are the habitats of plants covered with grasses. There are small and huge grasses grown in these regions. The roots of the plants growing in these regions are very strong as it prevents them from getting uprooted.
Benefits of Plant Habitats Worksheets for Kids
Some of the benefits of plant habitats worksheets for kids are mentioned below:
- Promotes engagement: This is a fun tool for kids to learn about plant habitats creatively. Kids tend to pay attention to what you teach and grasp the information quickly. They engage themselves in learning and understanding the concept with the help of these worksheets.
- Increases interest level: Children at this age need activities that can grab their attention. In this regard, worksheets are an excellent tool to create interest among children to learn about plant habitats. They can build knowledge of different plants found in various habitats with the help of worksheets.
- Improves academic performance: Plant habitats are one of the important concepts in science for kids in elementary school. Using plant habitats worksheets enable children to increase their knowledge of the concept and improve their performance in the exam. They can fetch more marks in the topics related to plant habitats.
- Increases retention of information: Kids at this age may forget the information you teach after some time. Therefore, they need regular revision to keep the information stored in their memory forever. The plant habitats worksheets help them retain the information in their memory for a long time.
We hope this article on plant habitats worksheets was useful to you. To learn more about activities, worksheets and games, explore literacy games for kids, puzzles for kids, kids learning sections at Osmo.
Frequently Asked Questions on Plant Habitats Worksheets
What are some plant habitats worksheets?
Some plant habitat worksheets are coloring, tracing, matching, identifying and writing worksheets for kids to learn about different kinds of plant habitats found on the Earth.
What are the benefits of plant habitats worksheets?
The benefits of plant habitats worksheets are that it helps children learn about the plants living and growing in specific regions of the world and adapt to weather conditions. Most importantly, it helps them build their knowledge of plant habitats, increase their retention of information and develop their skills to learn effectively.