Perimeter of Polygons Worksheets
Are you looking for interesting tools to teach kids how to calculate the perimeter of polygons? We are here to help you provide the perimeter of polygons worksheets for kids. These math worksheets for kids are extremely beneficial in engaging kids for a longer time. Besides, they can learn the concept and steps to calculate the perimeter of different polygons, such as regular, irregular, concave, convex, etc.
Practicing the perimeter of polygons worksheets develops kids’ understanding of shapes and mathematical skills. Besides recognizing polygons, kids must learn to find the perimeter of polygons to attain mastery of the concept. This will help them calculate the perimeter using the formulas associated with different polygons. For example, the formula used to calculate the square is 4 x a = 4a, where a is the sides of the square. You can use these preschool shapes worksheets to help them practice the concept effectively.
Free Printable Perimeter of Polygons Worksheets
It will be great if your children regularly practice the perimeter of polygons worksheets for better learning outcomes. Kids will learn to differentiate between polygons based on their sides and angles. Apart from this, they can easily solve mathematical problems related to the perimeter of polygons. Most importantly, it helps them secure good grades in mathematics and other subjects. You can also conduct math activities to teach the perimeter of polygons to kids. Below is the free printable perimeter of polygons worksheets for kids.
Find the perimeter of polygons on the worksheet
Write the number and length of sides of each polygon on the worksheet
Types of Perimeter of Polygons Worksheets for Kids
The types of the perimeter of polygons worksheets for kids are mentioned below:
- Find the perimeter of regular polygons: Kids must learn to calculate the perimeter of regular polygons using the formula on the worksheet. They develop an understanding of the calculations with continuous practice. In this worksheet, kids can calculate the perimeter of the polygons if their sides and interior angles are equal, for example, a square and an equilateral triangle.
- Find the perimeter of irregular polygons: In this worksheet, kids need to practice calculating the perimeter of irregular polygons. They can understand the difference between irregular and regular polygons. Kids can calculate the perimeter of irregular polygons with different sides and interior angles, for example, a rectangle and a scalene triangle.
- Find the perimeter of polygons: In this worksheet, kids need to calculate the perimeter of the polygons from the illustrated shapes. Once they recognize the polygons, kids can use the formula associated with that shape and find the perimeter. This worksheet helps them to do quick and accurate calculations. For example, the sides of the pentagon are 5 cm. Therefore, the perimeter of a pentagon is the sum of all five sides, i.e. 5 + 5 + 5 + 5 + 5 = 25 cm.
Check math-related articles:
What is the Perimeter of Polygons?
The polygons are two-dimensional shapes with a finite number of sides. They have sides and points at which they meet, known as vertices. Apart from learning to calculate the area of polygons, kids must get acquainted with the perimeter. The perimeter of a polygon is the distance covered by the sides. The number of sides and the formulas used for calculating the perimeter of polygons are mentioned below:
- Square- It has four sides, and the formula used to calculate the perimeter is 4 a, where a is the side of the square.
- Rectangle- It has two lengths and widths. The formula used to calculate the perimeter is 2 (length + width).
- Triangle- It has three sides, and the formula used to calculate the perimeter is a + b + c.
- Pentagon- It has five sides, and the formula used to calculate the perimeter is the sum of all five sides.
Benefits of Perimeter of Polygons Worksheets for Kids
The benefits of the perimeter of polygons worksheets for kids are mentioned below:
- Identifies the learning gaps: Worksheets enable kids to identify the strengths and weaknesses of the concepts they are learning. They improve their weak areas by regularly practicing to understand the concept.
- Develops critical thinking skills: Practicing the perimeter of polygons worksheets helps kids to think critically about the problems or equations and come up with accurate answers. This thinking ability helps kids analyze the problems and calculate them systematically.
- Improves academic performance: Worksheets help kids understand the concept of polygons and formulas used for calculating their perimeter. Once they are acquainted with the shapes, they can perform well in mathematics and other subjects related to perimeter problems.
We hope this article on the perimeter of polygons worksheets for kids was useful to you. To learn more about activities, worksheets and games, explore worksheets for kids, math for kids, puzzles for kids, kids learning sections at Osmo.
Frequently Asked Questions on Perimeter of Polygons Worksheets
What is the perimeter of polygon worksheets?
The perimeter of polygon worksheets is a great tool to teach kids how to calculate the perimeter using the formulas associated with each polygon.
What are the benefits of the perimeter of polygons worksheets?
The benefits of the perimeter of polygon worksheets for kids are that it helps them learn and understand the concept of calculating the perimeter effectively. Kids increase their mathematical knowledge and develop critical thinking skills with the help of these worksheets.