Oval Worksheets – Download Free Printables
What comes into your mind when you see an oval shape? Obviously, you think of an egg, isn’it? There are many objects that children might find in the shape of an oval, but do not know what shape it belongs to. An oval is basically closed curves that are slightly elongated. Sometimes, children get confused between a circle and an oval. Therefore, you need to teach kids the difference between a circle and an oval, which are completely different from one another. In this regard, oval worksheets will be a great tool to teach children how to identify and learn about the oval shape in an engaging way.
- Free Printable Oval Worksheets
- Tips for Using Oval Worksheets
- Benefits of Oval Worksheets
- Frequently Asked Questions on Oval Worksheets
All the objects found around us resemble some or other shapes. Children are introduced to 2D and 3D shapes worksheets from an early age so that they get familiar with shapes effectively. An oval shape is one of the important shapes that resemble many things such as eggs, eclipse, avocados, rugby ball, ridge gourd, etc. To help children identify and learn about an oval shape, you can download oval worksheets for kids. These worksheets help children to color, trace, write and spot oval shapes effectively.
Free Printable Oval Worksheets
The oval worksheets are available for children to learn about the oval shape easily. These worksheets for kids provide short and easy instructions so that they can understand the task given to them. Learning geometric shapes helps children to understand mathematical concepts effectively. They would be able to solve math problems related to shapes with accuracy and speed. Here are some of the free printable oval worksheets given below:
Oval Worksheets: Draw, color, connect the dots, and trace an oval shape on the worksheet
Oval Worksheets: Cut and paste an oval shape on the worksheet
Oval Worksheets: Color the number of oval shapes on the worksheet
Oval Worksheets: Circle the objects that resemble the shape of an oval on the worksheet
Tips for Using Oval Worksheets
A few ways to use an oval worksheet for kids are mentioned below:
- Children can count the number of oval shapes illustrated on the worksheet.
- To practice drawing, children can trace the shape illustrated on the worksheet so that they can draw an oval shape easily.
- To help children recognize an oval, you can make them color the oval shape on the worksheet on a regular basis.
- Ask children to explore the objects around them that resemble the shape of an oval such as an egg, watermelon, rugby ball, etc., and list them on the worksheet.
- Ask children to identify and circle the shape of an oval on the worksheet.
- Play pictionary games with the children and ask them to draw an image of the object that looks similar to the oval shape. The others have to guess the word illustrated on the worksheet correctly.
- To help children learn how to draw an oval shape, you can make them practice by connecting the dots of an oval shape.
- To increase your child’s retention of the shape that they are learning, you can ask them to match the shape with their related image on the worksheet.
Benefits of Oval Worksheets
Some of the benefits of the oval worksheets for kids are mentioned below:
- Develops understanding of an oval shape among children.
- Enhances cognitive development in children.
- Develops fine motor skills while practicing oval worksheets.
- Increases visual information of children that they are learning.
- Improves understanding of mathematical concepts related to oval shape.
- Enables identification of objects that look similar to an oval shape.
- Enables children to distinguish between oval and other shapes.
- Increases drawing and coloring skills in children.
- Enables children to communicate regarding the shapes of different objects easily with others.
For more information, explore math worksheets for kids, connect the dot worksheets and kids learning section at Osmo.
Frequently Asked Questions on Oval Worksheets
What are the types of oval worksheets?
Some of the types of oval worksheets are tracing, coloring, writing, identifying, and spotting the oval shape on the worksheet.
What are the benefits of oval worksheets?
The benefits of oval worksheets are that it helps children identify and learn about an oval shape in an effective way. Practicing worksheets develop cognitive and fine motor skills in children. Also, it helps them distinguish between the shapes easily.