Gift Ideas for Kids Not Toys
Playing is integral when it comes to a child’s overall development. So, toys hold their place of importance in the playing activities of a kid. Of course, toys are great gifts for kids as they are educational, creative, and engaging. However, sometimes the toys are only played with for some days after they were received. The excitement of getting a toy lasts for a few days and gradually fades away. Then, the toy is dumped in your kid’s room. Hence, buying non toy gifts for kids is sometimes a better option.
Are there too many toys at your home? Did you clean your kids’ room recently and were overwhelmed to see too many toys? There are piles of toys scattered everywhere. Half of them have not been played with in ages. Some of them have got broken or their parts have got lost. Even though you donate old toys, they keep coming back every birthday and holiday. So, you decided that whatever gifts your kid will receive from you won’t be toys. If you are looking for meaningful non toys gifts for kids, you have landed at the right place. So, let us see what are some best gifts for kids that are not toys.
- Alarm Clock: An alarm clock is a nice present idea. You can teach kids how to read time with the help of an alarm clock.
- A pillow or blanket with the kid’s photo on it: Personalized pillows or blankets count for a great gift. Kids will love to snuggle in them.
- Books: Among the gift ideas for kids that aren’t toys, books are one of the best options for older children. You can gift your kids good storybooks. It will enhance their vocabulary and knowledge of the language.
- School bags and other school-related items: Gift your children school-related items. Kids would get excited seeing a new school bag. You can also give your kid a lunch box, a water bottle, a pencil box, etc.
- Paintbrushes and watercolors: If your little one likes to paint, then gifting kids paint accessories is a brilliant idea.
- Camping and sleepover items: If your kids enjoy sleepovers at friends’ places or camping out, then you can gift them sleeping bags, real tents, lanterns, etc.
- Watch: kids love to wear wristwatches. Kids often face difficulty in reading an analog watch. So, parents need to make sure that they have a watch to learn.
- Garments: Clothing items are always needed. Shoes, socks, and nice clothes are counted as the best gifts for kids, not toys.
- A beautiful umbrella: Umbrella is a utility good that every kid would need. Gift your kid a colorful umbrella if you haven’t already.
- Piggy Banks: Kids need to be taught the value of money from a young age. However, schools don’t provide much money sense. Thus, it is your duty to teach them about money. What can be a better gift than a piggy bank through which kids would learn savings?
- Sports kit: If your kid loves outdoor sports, you can gift him sports equipment. Some of the sports kids might like to play include cricket, football, badminton, etc.
- A cooking apron and cooking equipment: If your kids love to spend time in the kitchen helping you, gift them their own cooking equipment and an apron. The kitchen is the best place to provide knowledge of different textures, smell and develop fine motor skills.
Other gift ideas for kids that aren’t toys are cute slippers, a colorful bathrobe, a travel suitcase, and a small travel kit of their own, etc
Non Toy Gifts for Kids by Osmo
Playosmo offers a wide range of games that can be gifted in the non-toy category. Some of the gift options that Osmo include are given below:
Monster: The Monster welcomes kids to the world of imagination. Kids can draw any object for the monster and it will come to life on screen. For kids who love drawing, they can explore Monster, Newton, and Masterpiece. This is the best gift for kids who don’t like toys.
Pizza Co.: Pizza Co. game lets kids set up their pizza store. Kids would love to see how customers would interact with them on screen. You would cook a pizza for them asking about their favorite toppings. Once, pizza is handed over, you will be paid and you need to return them the exact amount. Isn’t it an amazing game where kids learn entrepreneurship at such a young age?
Detective Agency: In this game, kids can run their own detective agency. They can travel to six famous cities and collect clues with the help of magnifying glass. All of these will be a part of the kit.
Genius Tangram: Play with Tangram puzzle pieces and put together these pieces to design what is shown on the screen. This game has various levels of difficulty.