Are you looking for some interesting new year’s eve activities for kids? If yes, you can plan new year’s crafts for kids. Conducting craft activities is one of the best holiday activities for kids. They will enjoy the learning process thoroughly and learn something new. There is always something that children learn while making crafts. The best part of this craft activity is that they can easily make the item they desire using materials available at home. You are always welcome to assist children in creating some amazing creations they’ve never imagined.
New Year Craft Ideas for Kids
New Year is celebrated worldwide with loads of happiness and excitement. Kids, especially, love spending this time developing their craft skills. You can help them enhance their creative skill by teaching them how to make a craft item. As the new year is approaching, it would be great if you could choose themes related to the New Year celebration. This strategy will make them feel part of the celebration and develop their artistic skills at the same time. Learning New Year’s crafts for kids is beneficial for them to enhance their hand-eye coordination and cognitive skills for better learning outcomes. So, you can help children by providing them with a list of New Year Craft ideas for kids mentioned in this article.
Easy New Year’s Crafts for Kids
Below are some amazing New Year’s crafts for kids.
- New Year’s Eve Paper Mask: This is one of the best New Year Craft ideas for kids. Teach children how to make a paper mask by following the instructions below.
Here’s what you’ll need to make a paper mask: Colorful papers, glitters, feathers, scissors and glue.
- Take a sheet of color paper and cut it into the shape of an eye.
- Make an elliptical-shaped insertion on the eye-shape structure.
- Take different color papers and cut them into the shape of feathers.
- Paste the feather-like papers on the edges of the elliptical-shaped structure.
- Paste a few real feathers on the mask to give an authentic look.
- Finally, draw some patterns on the mask using glitters on the corners of the elliptical-shaped eye and feather-like structure.
- The paper mask is ready for the New Year party.
- New Year’s Eve Party Hats: Kids prefer wearing hats at the New Year party. Why not help them create their own party hats using materials available at home? Teach little ones how to make a paper hat by following the instructions below.
Here’s what you’ll need to make a party hat: Black paper, golden paper, cotton balls, scissors and glue.
- Take a black color paper and cut it into the shape of a square.
- Fold the paper to make it a cone-shaped structure.
- Write the year numerically and draw a few outlines of stars on a piece of golden paper.
- Cut the paper into their respective shapes and numbers.
- Paste the numbers and stars on the cone-shaped hat.
- Finally, paste a small cotton ball on the tip of the cone-shaped structure.
- The New Year party hat is ready for the children.
- New Year’s Firework Painting: This is a cool New Year art and craft idea for kids. Teach children how to make firework painting using sand.
Here’s what you’ll need to make a firework painting: Cardboard, color papers, scissors, marker, glue, sand, watercolor paints and a brush.
- Take a cardboard and cover it with black paper.
- Outline the structure of different kinds of buildings and skyscrapers on paper.
- Cut them into their respective shapes and paste them on the cardboard.
- Draw windows and doors using markers on the buildings.
- Outline a few fireworks above the buildings.
- Add glue to the outlines of fireworks in a systematic way.
- Sprinkle a pinch of sand along the fireworks.
- Allow the sand to dry for some time.
- Paint the sand using attractive watercolor paints using a thin brush.
- Finally, allow the paint to dry.
- New Year’s Eve Balloon Clock: This is one of the creative pieces of craft that kids must try. Teach children how to make a balloon clock by following the instructions below.
Here’s what you’ll need to make a balloon clock: Large-sized cardboard, brown paper, balloons, glue and a marker.
- Take a large-sized cardboard and cover it with brown paper.
- Blow 12 balloons and paste them on the cardboard in a circular position.
- Write numbers from 1 to 12 on each balloon.
- Finally, draw an hour hand, a minute and a second hand pointing towards the balloon with the number 12.
- The balloon clock for your New Year party is ready.
- New Year’s Eve Garland: Are you looking for New Year party decoration ideas for kids? If yes, you can check out how to make a New Year garland using the materials easily available at home.
Here’s what you’ll need to make a garland: Pieces of colorful clothes, colorful beads, scissors, glue and thread.
- Take different colored clothes and cut them into the shape of a rectangle.
- Paste the glitters on each piece of cloth in the form of an alphabet to make it as Happy New Year.
- Similarly, paste the glitters using glue on other pieces of clothes to complete the phrase, Happy New Year.
- Allow the glitters to dry for some time.
- Finally, paste each piece of cloth containing the alphabet on the thread.
- Hang the garland on the wall to give a feeling of a New Year celebration at the party.
- New Year’s Eve Wand: It is needless to say that wands are the favorite piece of craft among children. You can help children make New Year’s eve wands by following the instructions below.
Here’s what you’ll need to make a wand: Papers, scissors, straws, bells, color pencils, and ribbons.
- Take a piece of paper and cut it into the shape of a star.
- Paste silver or golden ribbons on the edges of the star.
- Outline fireworks at the center of the star.
- Color the fireworks using color pencils.
- Paste the star on the end of the straw using glue.
- Tie a ribbon around the straw just below the star.
- Also, add a small bell to give the wand an attractive look and sound.
- New Year’s Eve Bracelet: This is one of the fun New Year’s Eve craft ideas for kids. Teach children how to make a bracelet for the New Year party.
Here’s what you’ll need to make a New Year’s Eve bracelet: A piece of cloth, thread, glue, scissor, buttons and glitter pen.
- Take a piece of cloth and cut it into an elongated rectangle-shaped structure.
- Paste buttons of different sizes and colors on the cloth.
- Draw some patterns on the cloth using a glitter pen.
- Allow the glitters on the cloth to dry.
- Paste the cloth on the thread.
- Finally, ask the children to tie the bracelet to their hands once it is dried.
- New Year’s Eve Crown: You must plan engaging games for kids at the New Year party. Also, you can felicitate the winner with a crown. Why not ask children to make a crown using the materials available at home? Check out the simple instructions on how to make a crown below.
Here’s what you’ll need to make a crown for the New Year party: Chart papers, shiny papers, glittery stones, scissors and glue.
- Take a piece of chart paper and cut it into the shape of a crown.
- Take the measurement of the children’s heads for the crown.
- Paste glittery stones of different shapes and sizes on the crown.
- Cut and paste the shiny papers in the form of different shapes on the crown to make it look visually attractive.
- New Year’s Paper Glasses: There is no party without funky sunglasses. You can ask kids to make New Year’s Eve paper sunglasses by following the instructions below.
Here’s what you’ll need to make paper sunglasses: Cardboard, color papers, transparent sheets, glittery stones and glue.
- Take a piece of cardboard and cut it into the shape of sunglasses.
- Make sure that all the parts of the sunglasses are distinguishable, such as temples, frames, bridges and lenses.
- Cut the color papers according to the shape of the sunglasses and paste them around the glasses to make them look attractive.
- Cut and paste the transparent sheet in the shape of the lenses on the sunglasses.
- Finally, paste some glittery stones around the sunglasses.
Also, explore New Year trivia questions for kids.
Benefits of Learning New Year’s Crafts for Kids
The benefits of learning New Year’s Eve crafts for kids are mentioned below.
- It helps children develop fine motor skills.
- It enables children to come up with creative ideas and replicate them to get the desired result they are looking for.
- It helps children recognize and memorize different shapes and patterns while making crafts.
- It builds resilience among children while making craft items. They will concentrate on every minute detail to make the best craft item they’ve ever imagined.
- It creates a sense of accomplishment in the kind of craft they made.
- It enables children to express their views and ideas effectively while making craft items.
- It keeps children happy and entertained with craft activities.
- It enhances children’s creativity, imagination and visualization skills.
We hope this article on New Year’s crafts for kids helps you. You can check out other games, activities, and worksheets on kids learning, crafts for kids, worksheets for kids, and words for kids section at Osmo.
Frequently Asked Questions on New Year’s Crafts for Kids
What are some popular New Year’s crafts for kids?
Some common New Year’s crafts for kids are New Year’s Eve bracelets, hats, masks, wands, clocks, firework paintings, sunglasses, crowns, garlands, etc.
What are the benefits of learning New Year’s crafts for kids?
The benefits of learning New Year’s crafts for kids are that it helps them enhance their creativity, cognitive, fine motor, concentration and imagination skills. Most importantly, it enables children to stay active and engaged during the New Year celebrations.