New Year Trivia Questions for Kids
The New Year is celebrated across the world with loads of joy and happiness. There are many interesting facts about the New Year that children must know. Children need to understand and know all the facts so that they can become familiar with age-old customs and traditions. To enhance their knowledge, you can ask New Year trivia questions for kids. For example, how many people attended the first-ever Times Square New Year’s party? It is said that around 200,000 attended the party. You can conduct trivia games for kids where you can ask questions related to the New Year so that they can discover the history behind the celebrations.
Though children celebrate New Year, they do not know the customs and traditions behind it. Therefore, it is important for children to know why we celebrate New Year. You can ask New Year trivia questions for kids to keep them busy and entertained during the celebrations. You need to make sure that the questions you ask should be interesting and easy for children to understand. This is one of the best games for kids to keep them engaged throughout the celebration and at the same time impart knowledge about New Year to children.
Best New Year Trivia Questions for Kids
Looking for ways to keep your kids entertained on New Year’s eve? What can be more exciting than asking New Year trivia questions for kids? You can download printable New Year trivia questions and answers for children. This helps them to stay alert and involved in activities that you have planned for them on New Year celebrations. Besides dancing and eating delicious food, you can ask questions in order to assess their knowledge on how well they know about New Year. These fun trivia questions for kids will help them to actively participate in the celebrations and enjoy their New Year’s party.
List of New Year Trivia Questions for Kids
- When was the first gathering held at Times Square for New Year’s eve?
- Which is the nation that celebrates the New Year first?
- Which food brings good luck on New Year’s eve according to the Southern States of the United States?
- What is the most popular New Year’s resolution in 2020?
- Who sponsored the first-ever Times Square New Year’s party?
- How much confetti was dropped on Times Square on New Year’s eve?
- How many colors can the Times Square New Year’s eve ball display?
- In which year January 1st was officially declared as the first day of the New Year?
- Which country got independence on January 1st, 1803?
- How much did the Times Square ball weigh?
- When was New Year celebrated in ancient Rome?
- Name the calendar that marked January 1st as the New Year in 1582?
- Who was the first broadcast host of the Times Square New Year’s eve celebration?
- What does “auld lang syne” mean?
- What materials were used to make the first-ever Times Square New Year’s eve ball?
- The highest box office sales for a movie shown on a New Year’s Day.
- According to Dutch, eating what on New Year’s day brings good luck?
- January got its name from which Roman god?
- Smashing a peppermint version of what animal is considered to be good luck in New York?
- When was computer controls introduced to the Times Square New Year’s eve ball?
- When did LED lights first appear on the Times Square New Year’s eve ball?
- What is the diameter of the Times Square New Year’s eve ball?
- How many light bulbs were used to cover the Times Square New Year’s eve ball?
- Immigrants of which country introduced the New Year baby to the United States?
- How does Miami, Florida, mark the arrival of the New Year?
- Which is the place that is last to celebrate New Year?
- The word January was derived from which language?
- Who was the first person to declare January 1 as a national holiday?
- How many babies are born on New Year’s day in the United States?
- Which Greek god is celebrated during the Baby New Year?
- Which musical band could not pass the Decca record’s audition on January 1, 1962?
- When was the earliest known New Year’s eve celebrated in Mesopotamia?
- Who celebrates the New Year’s day with the arrival of the first snow?
- What are the countries that bake ring-shaped pastries and cakes on New Year’s eve?
- How many percent of people make New Year resolutions?
- What is the name of the music festival on New Year’s eve in Antarctica?
- What do Mexicans eat to celebrate New Year’s eve?
- What should you avoid eating on New Year’s day if you are superstitious?
- Which country was last to celebrate the new millennium on January 1, 2000?
- Where does the New Year’s eve ball drop every year?
- Which city in Europe celebrates the largest New Year’s eve?
- Which country celebrates the largest New Year’s eve?
- What do ancient Persians give as a New Year’s gift?
- Why do people eat black-eyed peas on New Year’s day?
- Name the celebrity who was born on January 1, 1895?
- Which is the most traditional breakfast meal considered for New Year?
- Which country follows a tradition of jumping from the chair right before midnight and smashing plates against their friend’s doors?
- Spanish rule ended in which country on January 1, 1899?
- Who added the month of January to the calendar?
- What dates do the Japanese celebrate their New Year in January?
Answer: In 1904
Answer: Black-eyed peas
Answer: To exercise regularly
Answer: The New York Times
Answer: Around 1 ton
Answer: 16 million
Answer: 46 B.C
Answer: 11,875 pounds
Answer: March 1
Answer: Gregorian calendar
Answer: Guy Lombardo
Answer: Times gone by
Answer: Iron and Wood
Answer: Janus, the god of doors and gates
Answer: 12 feet
Answer: By raising a 35 feet size metal foot.
Answer: American Samoa
Answer: Latin word “ianua” meaning door.
Answer: Julius Caesar
Answer: Dionysus, the god of wine and fertility
Answer: The Beatles
Answer: 2000 B.C.
Answer: Mexico, Greece and Netherlands
Answer: New York
Answer: For prosperity
Answer: J. Edgar Hoover
Answer: Pancakes, syrup and cream
Answer: The Romans
Answer: From January 1 to January 4
Benefits of New Year Trivia Questions for Kids
Some of the benefits of New Year’s eve trivia questions for kids are mentioned below:
- Imparts knowledge about New Year celebrations to children.
- Develops critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Improves ability to ask questions.
- Increases concentration level in children.
- Engages kids for longer periods of time.
- Develops fine and gross motor skills.
- Enables children to get acquainted with the history behind the celebration of New Year.
- Keeps children busy and entertained during the celebration of New Year’s eve.
For more information, explore puzzles for kids, words for kids, kids learning section at Osmo.
Frequently Asked Questions on New Year Trivia Questions for Kids
What are some of the New Year trivia questions for kids?
Some of the New Year trivia questions for kids are: What is the most popular New Year’s resolution in 2020?, Where does the New Year’s eve ball drop every year?, Who sponsored the first-ever Times Square New Year’s party?, etc.
What are the benefits of New Year Trivia Questions for kids?
The benefits of New Year Trivia Questions for kids are that it helps them learn about the customs and traditions of celebrating New Year. It keeps them busy and entertained during the celebration. Most importantly, it helps children to gain knowledge and improve their questioning skills.