Are you looking for fun things to do for the New Year? We will help you provide some amazing New Year games for kids. You can plan games for the New Year party with the help of this article. Kids are equally excited to celebrate the party as elders do. Why not explore the best New Year games for kids so that they can enjoy and welcome the New Year with lots of fun and happiness? Conducting games is one of the best New Year’s Eve activities for kids. Check out some fun New Year’s eve games for kids to play with family and friends.
New Year Games for Kids: New Year’s Game Ideas for Kids
The world eagerly waits for December 31st to welcome the New Year with loads of happiness. Family and friends join together to celebrate the New Year in different ways. Most people prefer partying on December 31st by dancing, playing music, singing songs, playing games and eating delicious food. Kids mostly prefer playing games and eating delicious food at the party. So, you can explore the best New Year’s eve games for kids in this article. Participating in games creates interest in children to learn new things besides learning the New Year words, making crafts, practicing worksheets, etc. Conducting games at the New Year party will keep children entertained and engaged throughout the celebration.
Best New Year’s Eve Games for Kids
Below is a list of New Year games for kids.
- Play musical chairs: This is one of the most popular New Year games for kids.
Here’s what you’ll need to play a musical chair game: A few chairs depending on the number of kids participating in the game, and a music player with a remote.
- Arrange the chairs in a circular position depending on the number of players. For example, if there are nine players, you can keep eight chairs.
- Ask one of the family members to become a referee of the game and make them stand inside the circle so they can see if all the rules and regulations of the game are followed.
- Give the referee a whistle to instruct the players and a remote to turn off the music.
- Ask players to keep moving around the circle when the music is playing.
- When the music stops, every player should sit in the chair.
- Remove the player who is still standing without getting a chair.
- The game will continue until the last player gets the chair to sit.
- Sort thermocol balls: This is a fun New Year game idea for kids.
Here’s what you’ll need to play the sorting thermocol balls game: Colorful thermocol balls, a paper plate, straws and a timer.
- Keep a plate with thermocol balls on the table.
- Ask the players to blow the straw on the thermocol balls so that they get stuck to the straw easily and can transfer them carefully to another plate.
- Each player gets one minute for the game.
- The ones with the maximum number of thermocol balls transferred to the second plate within the given time will win the game.
- Bursting balloons: There is no fun without balloon games at the New Year parties.
Here’s what you’ll need to play the bursting the balloon game: A packet of balloons, threads, a music player and a marker.
- Make a circle with the marker inside the party room.
- Ask players to stand inside the circle.
- Ask each player to tie the balloons on both legs with threads. You must ensure that the balloons are tightly secured on the ankle region of the leg.
- Play the music to create a fun environment in the game.
- Ask players to burst other’s balloons using their legs. Instruct them not to push or pull others while bursting the balloon.
- The players must save their balloons from others staying inside the circle.
- The last one who keeps balloons intact on their legs will win the game.
- Guess the resolutions: There is hardly anyone who does not make New Year’s resolutions. Therefore, this is one of the best games to guess the resolutions of people attending the New Year party. You can hear hilarious resolutions and the things that you do not expect the players to follow.
Here’s what you’ll need to play the resolution game: Papers, pencils, a bowl and a timer.
- Ask players to write their resolutions on a piece of paper and put them inside the bowl.
- Ask each player to pick the cut-out of resolutions from the bowl.
- Each player must read the resolution and guess the name of the player who has written them.
- If the player cannot guess the name correctly, they will be out of the game.
- The one who guesses the name correctly will win the game.
- Search New Year words: Kids can continue learning even during the New Year celebrations. What can be more interesting than teaching them new words on the New Year theme? You can download word search printables to teach New Year words to kids. Here’s what you’ll need to play the New Year word search game: Word search printables, pencils, erasers and a timer.
- Divide players into two groups.
- Give them word search printables consisting of the letters of the new words.
- Call out a word associated with the New Year celebration and ask the groups to mark the letter of the words diagonally, vertically or horizontally on the printable.
- The team marking the correct answer within the given time will win the game.
- Play word scramble: Learning new words enhances children’s vocabulary knowledge and upgrades their language skills at the same time. Playing word scramble is one of the best vocabulary games for kids. Also, explore New Year worksheets for kids.
Here’s what you’ll need to play the word scramble game: Papers, pencils, a bowl, scissors and a timer.
- Cut papers in the form of cut-outs.
- Write down the letters of the words based on the New year theme on the cut-outs.
- Fold it and put it inside the bowl.
- Call out a word related to the New Year theme.
- The player must pick up the letters from the bowl to form the assigned word.
- The one arranging the correct spelling of the word within the given time will win the game.
- Find the cherry: This is a fun New Year game for kids.
Here’s what you’ll need to play the cherry game: A disposable bowl, whipped cream, a cherry and a timer.
- Take a bowl and cover it entirely with the whipped cream.
- Add a cherry inside the whipped cream so that it is not visible to the player.
- Give each player a bowl of whipped cream.
- Ask players to search for the cherry using their mouths. You must ensure that they refrain from using their hands while searching for the cherry.
- The player who finds the cherry first within the allotted time will win the game.
- Take a funny photo: Kids love taking pictures at the party. Why not conduct a game based on their interests? This is one of the cool New Year game ideas for kids.
Here’s what you’ll need to play the funny photo game: A digital camera and a projector.
- Ask players to take their funny photos using a digital camera.
- Upload all the photos and view them on the big screen with the help of a projector.
- Show the photos one by one and see the reaction of the people attending the party.
- The photos making laugh the most from the audience will win the game.
- Play treasure hunt: Little ones are always curious to know or find things around them. Therefore, you can conduct a fun game where they must find the treasure at the party.
Here’s what you’ll need to play the treasure hunt game: Props or materials, a sheet of paper and a timer.
- Hide a list of things in all corners of the party room.
- Divide the players into two groups.
- Give each group a list of things that are hidden in the room.
- Ask them to hunt for the treasure hidden in the room.
- The group who finds the treasure must mark a tick on the given sheet.
- The group that finds all the treasure hidden in the room within the given time will win the game.
- Spin the wheel: This is the most popular New Year game for kids. You can keep your children active and engaged by conducting this fun game at the party.
Here’s what you’ll need to play the spin the wheel game: A spinning wheel made of cardboard that consists of all the activities you want your children to perform.
- Take a spinning wheel consisting of a list of activities you want players to perform, for example, singing a song, dancing, reciting a poem and many other tasks.
- Ask each player to come forward and spin the wheel.
- The player will perform the task at which the arrow points.
- The player who completes the task will win the game.
- Conduct a talent show: Every child has a unique talent that they want to showcase at the New Year party. You can provide an opportunity for kids to identify their talents and showcase them confidently.
Here’s what you’ll need to conduct a talent show: A music player and props that kids need to showcase their talent.
- Ask kids to volunteer themselves to showcase their talents at the party.
- They can sing a song, dance, do magic and show other talents that sometimes their family members might not be familiar with.
- Appreciate and reward each child for showcasing their talent.
- An egg race: This is one of the best New Year games for kids. They can be physically active at the party by participating in this particular game.
Here’s what you’ll need to conduct an egg race game: A few eggs, spoons and a timer.
- Ask all the players to stand in a line at one end of the room.
- You can provide them with a spoon and an egg.
- The player must keep the egg on the spoon and walk towards the finish line. They must ensure that the egg does not fall.
- The player who could cross the finish line first with their egg intact on the spoon will win the game.
- Stack-up cups: This is one of the common games among children they play at home. You can conduct this game to keep children entertained and improve their concentration at the same time.
Here’s what you’ll need to play the stack-up cups game: A few disposable cups and a timer.
- Divide the players into two teams.
- Give a set of disposable cups to each team.
- Ask both teams to make the longest structure using the cups within the allotted time.
- The team successfully making the longest structure within the given time will win the game.
- Play Pictionary: Children are fond of drawing regardless of the time and place you give them. You can conduct a Pictionary game to enhance their knowledge about the New Year and drawing skills at the same time. Also, explore Pictionary words for kids.
Here’s what you’ll need to play the Pictionary game: A blackboard, papers, a bowl, a pencil and a timer.
- Divide the players into two groups.
- Make cut-outs of words and put them inside the bowl.
- Ask the player from each group to pick up the cut-out from the bowl.
- The player must illustrate the word assigned to them on the blackboard.
- The players of the same group must guess the words illustrated on the board.
- The group guessing the maximum number of correct answers will win the game.
- Guess the price: Kids need to learn the exact price of things their parents purchase from the market. You can teach them the prices of things that you want them to know by playing the guessing game. It would be fun to know their guesses. You can conduct this game using the materials available at home.
Here’s what you’ll need to play the guess the prize game: Household or food items available at home and a timer.
- Divide the players into two groups.
- Cover the price of the things you want to display on the table.
- Ask each player to guess the price of the things assigned to them within the allotted time.
- The ones with the most accurate or the closest price range within the given time will win the game.
- Toss the ring: Give your children a chance to win prizes. You can conduct this fun New Year game for kids to gather gifts while having fun.
Here’s what you’ll need to play the tossing the ring game: Rings, gifts and a timer.
- Keep all the gifts that you want to give your children on the table.
- Ask them to toss the ring on the gift they want.
- Give them three chances to toss the ring correctly on the gift.
- The player tossing the rings accurately on the target will get the gifts.
Also, explore New Year Trivia Questions for Kids.
Tips for Conducting New Year Games for Kids
A few tips for conducting New Year games for children are mentioned below.
- Choose age-appropriate games for children.
- Select games that interest children to play and develop their essential skills at the same time.
- Create a fun environment for children to play games.
- Plan games for children based on the New Year theme so that they welcome the New Year with great zeal and vigor.
- Motivate children to express their ideas and thoughts while conducting New Year games so that they feel valued and appreciated for their input.
- Conduct indoor and outdoor New Year games for kids so that they enjoy the different ambience while playing the game.
- Give clear instructions to the children for a better understanding of the game.
- Encourage kids to ask questions if they need help understanding the rules and regulations of the game.
- Motivate kids to work with the team and come up with logical solutions to win the game.
- Demonstrate the game to kids to make them understand better.
- Choose materials or props easily available at home.
- Keep children engaged and active by conducting the most fun New Year games they can remember forever.
We hope this article on the New Year games for kids helps you. You can check out other games, activities, and worksheets on kids learning, holiday activities for kids, worksheets for kids, and words for kids section at Osmo.
Frequently Asked Questions on New Year Games for Kids
What are some of the popular New Year games for kids?
Some popular New Year games for kids are; tossing the ring, guessing the price, stacking up cups, playing Pictionary, taking a funny photo, searching New Year words, playing musical chairs, guessing the resolutions, etc.
What are some tips for conducting New Year games for kids?
Some tips for conducting New Year games for kids include ensuring their needs and interests while planning games. Besides this, you can encourage them to participate in all the games and win exciting prizes.