Words that start with N
The Letter N makes the sound ‘/n/’ in words like night, now, net etc. However, the letter N is sometimes silent too. When it is followed by the letter ‘m,’ the letter N is silent. For example, hymn, column etc. Once the children know words from the letter m, start teaching N words for kids.
To start with, teach kids basic words for kids that start with the letter N like 2 letter and 3 letter words. This makes it easier for kids to learn N words for kids. Gradually, introduce them to four letter and five letter N words for kids.
In this article, explore:
List of N words for kids
Here is a list of some commonly used N words for kids.
N words for kids
List of preschool words that start with N
Here is a list of N words for preschool kids. Learning these words certainly help the children identify the N sound and build a solid vocabulary right from a young age.
Preschool words that start with N
List of N words for kindergarten kids
Here are some basic N words for kids that you can teach to kids in kindergarten. These are words that kids hear and use often, so learning these words will be easy.
N words for kindergarten kids
Names of things that start with N
Here is a list of objects or things with names that start with the letter N. These are objects that we use often in our everyday lives. Helping children learn the names of these objects helps them understand their things around them and their surroundings better.
List of things that start with N
Cool words that start with N
A wide and expansive vocabulary is a great asset that everyone must have. Improve your child’s word skills by teaching them some interesting and cool words starting with the letter N. Here is a list of some cool words that start with the letter N.
List of cool words that start with N
Positive words that start with N
The easiest way to instil a positive attitude in children is to ensure that their speech and thinking is positive. Learning positive words helps in improving their speech and thought process. Here are some nice and positive words starting with the letter N to expand your child’s word skills.
List of positive words that start with N
Vocabulary words for kids from N
3 letter N words for kids
4 letter N words for kids
For more words, visit four letter words that start with N
5 letter N words for kids
More N words for kids
Activities that help in learning N words for kids
The alphabet N is the second most usually used consonant sound in English. Below is a list of activities that help learn fun N words for kids, making that fundamental sound into a thoroughly developed linguistic concept.
Letter N Arts and Crafts
N is for name
- Activities that help in learning N words for kids
- Create ‘name’ necklaces, using a small strip of cardboard and yarn. Help the child write their name written on it. Punch two holes on either side of the cardboard. Pass the yarn through both the holes and tie it up to make a necklace.
- Create a ‘name’ chart. Provide each kid with an 8″ long piece of sentence strip with their name written on it in black marker. Let them color it in a ‘nice’ and ‘neat’ way.
- Then, paste all of the names onto a large paper and place it in the hallway for all the kids to see in the classroom. This can be an exciting activity to teach fun N words for kids.
- Prepare name puzzles. Take every kid’s name, note it on an 8″ long piece of paper or cardboard. Write it again on another strip, and this time carve (cut) between the alphabets. Finally, the kids must put the names back together. This activity is perfect for starting phonemic awareness in young minds.
Osmo provides a wide range of child-friendly games, activities and learning materials. These are pretty simple to teach and understand. Check our kids learning section to know more.
Frequently Asked Questions on N Words For Kids
What are some Kindergarten N words for kids?
Some of the Kindergarten N words for kids are number, nag, nice, new, need, near, net, name, neat, nod, nut, not, nope, nosy, none, noun, nosy, neck, nest, etc.
What are some preschool N words for kids?
Some of the preschool N words for kids are nature, nail, nap, necklace, nightingale, ninja, notebook, notes, now, nurse, normal, nun, newborn, nine, nerd, nature, no, nose, nomad, etc.