The second Sunday of May is a very special day for mothers everywhere. It’s their day, it’s a day that celebrates and honors everything that a mother does for her family. While every day is an opportunity to show mom how much you love her, doing something special on Mother’s day is even better. She will love and cherish all that you do for her on this special day. So, we’ve put together a list of some special Mother’s Day activities for kids that’ll put a smile on your mom’s face.
Mother’s Day activities for kids don’t have to be elaborate things or buying expensive gifts. Your mom would love a simple handmade gift just as much as she’d love a spa day. Additionally, these art and craft activities to make gifts are great holiday activities for kids. Read on to find a list of perfect Mother’s Day activities for kids to show your mom how much you love her.
List of Mother’s Day Activities for Kids
Here is a list of amazing Mother’s Day activities for kids at home to make their moms feel special.
Things to Do for Mother’s Day
Looking for more ways to make your mom feel special and cherished on Mother’s Day? Here is a list of things to do for Mother’s Day that’ll show your mom how much you love her.
- Give mom the day off: Mothers are constantly on their feet, taking care of everyone’s needs. She always puts everyone else’s needs above hers. So this Mother’s Day, give mom a day off to rest and relax. Pamper her with breakfast in bed and cook her favorite dishes for lunch and dinner. Pamper her and give her some time alone to do all the things that she wants but usually can’t. This is one of the best Mother’s Day activities for kids to show their mom how much they mean to them.
- A card with a special message: Mothers love everything that their children make for them. So, she’ll love a handmade gift just as much as she’d love an expensive one. Make a special card for your mom on Mother’s Day and write a sweet message or a poem for your mom in it. Write about all the things you love and appreciate about her. This is one of the best Mother’s Day gifts that your mom will cherish for a long time.
- Personalized gift basket: Moms love receiving thoughtful gifts from their little ones. Give your mom a personalized gift basket with handmade soaps, bath bombs, lip scrubs and lip balms in her favorite flavor. You can also add some scented candles, lotions, perfumes and some of her favorite snacks into the basket. Then give it to mom on Mother’s Day along with a note with a poem dedicated to your mom. This gift will make her feel special and show how much thought and love you put into it.
- Spa day: Sometimes, there’s nothing more relaxing than a spa day. This Mother’s Day, give mom some much-needed rest, relaxation with some tender loving care with a spa day. You can take her to a spa or create a similar experience at home for her. Give her a massage and treat her to a foot spa complete with manicure and pedicure. And shower her with love to show how much you appreciate all that she does for you.
- Make a video: There’s nothing a mother loves more than her kids and her family. Show her how much you love and treasure her with a video of you talking about her. Include clips of her doing things for you and talk about what makes her special. Add some pictures of you and her along with some music to show her how much she means to you. This Mother’s Day activity might take some preplanning and adult guidance, but it’ll be a gift that your mom won’t ever forget!
- Handcrafted gifts: Mothers are wonderful beings who do everything for us. Show them how special they are and how much you love and appreciate them with special handcrafted gifts. Your mom will love an upcycled mason jar vase with flowers, bejeweled flower pots or handmade jewelry.
- Spend a day with mom: This is one of the best Mother’s Day activities for kids that your mom will love and cherish forever. The one thing that most moms want is to spend more time with their children. This Mother’s Day, spend the day with your mom doing all the things she wants to do. Go for a walk outdoors or go to the beach and watch the sunset. Surprise your mom with a dinner date, complete with her favorite movie, food and drink. Shower her with love, attention, hugs and kisses and let her know how special she is.
These 7 Mother’s Day activities are sure to put a smile on your mom’s face and make her feel special.
We hope you found these Mother’s Day activities for kids useful. For more activities, games and worksheets that make learning fun, check our kids learning section.
Frequently Asked Questions on Mother’s Day Activities for Kids
What can kids do for their mothers on Mother’s Day?
Mother’s Day is celebrated to honor mothers, to show them how special they are and shower them with love and affection. The best way to show mothers that you love and appreciate them is to do Mother’s Day activities for them.
What are some simple things to do for Mother’s Day for kids?
Making handcrafted gifts, flowers, making a special video, planning a surprise dinner date with mom, cooking her a meal and making a personalized gift basket are some great Mother’s Day activities for kids to do with their mom.