Mood Chart for Kids
Identifying mood helps children to cope up with their problems easily. Sometimes, young children do not understand what they are feeling. In such cases, they stop sharing the problems with their parents and loved ones. To help children in tracking their moods, you can download a mood chart for kids. These charts for kids will help them to identify or track their moods in a fun and entertaining way. Sometimes, your child cannot differentiate between anger and frustration. With the help of a printable mood chart for kids, you can identify and understand the different moods and provide effective strategies to overcome them.
In this article, explore mood chart for kids
- Free Printable Mood Chart for Kids
- Different Types of Mood Chart for Kids
- Tips for Using Mood Chart for Kids
- Benefits of Mood Chart for Kids
- Frequently Asked Questions on Mood Chart for Kids
To identify your children’s mood, you can ask them how they are feeling today. This helps you to know whether they are happy, sad or excited about something. Sometimes, young children may not be aware of the moods that they are feeling. In such situations, a mood chart for kids will be extremely beneficial in helping them to identify their moods easily. These printable mood charts are filled with visually appealing illustrations of different moods so that children can easily identify and understand them.
Free Printable Mood Chart for Kids
Once your children get to identify their moods, you can teach them how to tackle their moods efficiently. Sometimes, your children might not know the affirmations for what they are feeling. In such cases, you can help them learn words that describe their mood in a simple and understandable way. These mood charts help them identify their moods and come up with logical solutions to control them. If your children feel anxious or excited about something, then they will be in a position to control their emotions in an appropriate way. Here are a few printable mood charts for kids given below:
Identify your mood from the given mood chart
“Tick” mark the mood on a daily basis from the given mood chart
Place the arrow on the mood that you are feeling today from the given chart
Different Types of Mood Chart for Kids
The different types of printable mood charts for kids are mentioned below:
- Trace the moods on the chart: You can ask your children to find or identify the mood that they are feeling today on the chart. They can see the illustrated facial expressions of different moods displayed on the chart. Based on their facial expression, your children can identify their moods easily.
- Cut and paste the illustrations of the mood: You can ask children to cut the illustration of the mood that they are feeling today and paste it on the chart. They can easily identify their mood in order to overcome them.
- Spin the wheel: Use mood wheels consisting of different moods. You can ask children to place the arrow on the mood that they are feeling today. If they are scared or worried, the arrow of the wheel should be pointed towards their mood.
- Color the mood chart: Coloring is something that each and every child is fond of. Therefore, you can provide a blank and white mood chart for kids. Then, ask them to color the mood that they are feeling. With this, children will be able to recognize their moods in a fun way.
Tips for Using Mood Chart for Kids
A few tips for using printable mood charts are mentioned below:
- Make it fun and entertaining: If you want your kids to learn something new, it is important that they enjoy learning. Teaching affirmations of different kinds of moods can be done in the form of engaging activities. This will help them understand the moods and their cause more effectively.
- Keep it short and simple: Teaching complex affirmations of moods can isolate children from learning. Therefore, it is important that you teach simple and short words for the moods that your child is experiencing. It becomes easier for children to understand and recognize what they are going through. You can try to use age-appropriate affirmations or words that help children to retain in their memory for a longer period of time.
- Keep it visually appealing: Most children are visual learners. Therefore, they can grasp the information that you want them to learn easily with the help of visually appealing illustrations. These illustrations of different moods help your child to recognize the feelings that they are experiencing quickly. You can add colorful illustrations and backgrounds for the chart so that children find it very attractive and engaging to learn.
- Make it accessible for children: You need to make sure that the mood chart is accessible for children. It is better to place the chart on the wall of your bedroom, fridge or an area where children can easily see and access it.
- Focus on positive emotions: Apart from dealing with negative emotions that your child is feeling, you can also focus on positive ones. Talking about positive moods will encourage children to imbibe that mood as it has a positive effect on them.
Benefits of Mood Chart for Kids
Some of the benefits of a mood chart for kids are mentioned below:
- Helps in identifying the moods: Using a mood chart for kids helps them to recognize and understand the moods that they are feeling. For the children who are unable to identify or know the affirmation of the moods, these charts are extremely helpful for them.
- Helps in coping up with their moods: Once your child identifies their mood, they are able to cope up and control their mood in an appropriate manner. If your child is happy, they will know how to control their happiness so that they do not get too excited about good things. If they are angry, children will know that they have to control their emotions and maintain peace. These charts are a great help to tackle or find solutions to the problem easily.
- Helps in sharing thoughts and feelings with others: Identifying moods enables children to share their thoughts with others. They are able to express their feelings clearly. Moreover, children will build strong relationships with others by sharing their feelings.
For more related articles, explore essays for kids, poems for kids, worksheets for kids and science worksheets at Osmo.
Frequently Asked Questions on Mood Chart for Kids
What is a mood chart for kids?
A mood chart for kids is an amazing tool to identify and track the moods or emotions of your child. These charts consist of visually appealing illustrations of different moods on the chart. Children will see and match the moods that they are feeling with the chart.
What are the benefits of a mood chart for kids?
The benefits of a mood chart for kids is that it helps them to identify their moods on a daily basis. Identifying moods helps children to tackle or overcome their situations in an appropriate way.