Free Printable Months Of The Year Worksheets For Kids
kids must practice reciting the months of the year apart from weekdays. Parents and teachers can provide the kids with months of the year printables and ask them to fill up the blanks and later assess the answers. They have to put months into the proper order, play thrilling games and activities, sing a song, read aloud a comic tale and practice the months of the year worksheets. There are free printable months of the year worksheets for kids. Download and assess their performance in a creative way.
Learning the months of the year in the correct sequence is not the most straightforward assignment. However, listening to the months of the year song while learning the months of the year spelling certainly helps the children. Beside this, you can conduct spelling activities for kids in order to teach how to spell the months of the year correctly. These printable months of the year for kids are extremely beneficial in learning their order as well as its spellings.
Free Printable Months Of The Year Worksheets For Kids
Arrange the Months Of The Year In Correct Order Printable
Which Month comes next? Months Of The Year Printable
Types Of Months Of The Year Printable Worksheets
These worksheets reduce your time in lesson planning. Isn’it? Well, it’s a great tool for kids to teach months of the year with the help of printable worksheets. You must know that kids at this age can easily get distracted or disengaged from monotonous activities. On the other hand, there are chances of forgetting what you are teaching them. Apart from days of the week printables, you can incorporate different types of printable months of the year for kids in their curriculum. With this, they will not only learn but also improve their concentration and focus towards learning using different worksheets. Some of the types of worksheets are mentioned below:
List Of Different Types Of Months Of The Year Worksheets
- Tracing- Months of The Year Printables: This is quite an interesting activity for kids where they have to trace the months assigned to them. These months of the year tracing worksheets are useful for kids to learn recognition, spellings and its order. With this, kids will be able to improve their concentration and focus.
- Answer The Questions- Monts of The Year Printables: Here, kids will be given a set of questions for which they have to write the answers. For example, how many months have 30 days? and how many have 31 days?. Similarly, you can frame such questions related to the months of the year. With this, kids will be able to critically think about answers.
- What Comes Before And After- Months of The Printables: You can fill in the blank worksheets where kids have to write which month comes before and after. For example, Which month comes before March and which month comes after November?.
- Cut And Paste- Months of The Year Printables: Here, there will be an image or graphics with 12 empty spaces. Kids have to cut the name of the month and paste it on the space provided in the sheet. You have to check whether they’ve pasted the months of the year correctly.
How To Teach Months Of The Year Spelling?
Parents and teachers can download printable months of the year for kids. Learning from these worksheets will provide great opportunities for kids to explore and discover new things. However, you can download the printable months of the year for preschool in order to teach them recognition and recitation. Once they are acquainted with recognition, you can explore months of the year for kindergarten worksheets for teaching month spelling. However, conducting spelling games for kids will enhance their spelling skills. Therefore, you check some of the creative ways to teach months of the year mentioned below:
List Of Activities To Teach Month Of The Year For Kids
- Teach the Months of the Year Vocabulary: Begin by viewing an English calendar with everyone. Find some fun ways to learn the calendar. Firstly, ask kids to show the holidays such as Christmas and Halloween followed by their birthdays and encourage them to practice free printable months of the year worksheets. Ask them questions like which month their birthdays fall and when is Christmas celebrated. Allow kids to point the month name (for instance, April and December) on the calendar. Teach kids month spelling by reading and writing. Tell the kids to read the months aloud for better retention. By doing this, children will gain confidence in learning months of the year. Ask what is the current month as well as the following questions by using a calendar.
- When is Christmas celebrated?
- When do you get additional holidays? (for example, famous national holidays, Easter, etc however, depends on the country the kids are from).
- What are the months for different seasons ? (for example, spring, summer, fall, and winter).
Ready … March!
Everybody … Stop!
Ready March! January, February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November, December
Everybody … Stop!
- Get all the kids to stand in a straight line facing forwards. All of them have to stand at attention like warriors (chin up, chests out, relatively straight and still). Eventually, while practicing and reciting the month’s march.
- Begin the song and get all the children to march in time to the song on the command ‘Ready … March!’. All of them have to march in a straight line, arms waving up to the horizontal.
- The song’s first line is a repeat/call style: the musician reads out the month’s name, and all the kids repeat. Here, everyone should walk up and down the classroom reciting the months.
- On the word ‘Everybody … Stop!’ everyone pauses and stands to attention. Then begin marching again on ‘Ready … March’!
- Finally, now there is no repetition. Kids have to memorize the months and recite the song as they march.
Benefits Of Learning Free Printable Months Of The Year Worksheets
Some of the benefits of learning months of the year worksheets are mentioned below:
- It helps in memorizing the months of the year in an effective and creative way.
- Kids love to practice on months of the year worksheets due to visually appealing images and patterns.
- It helps in retaining the recognition and spellings of months of the year in their memory.
- Kids will be able to learn months of the year by tracing, writing, reading, etc on the worksheets.
- It creates interests among the children to learn from printable months of the year worksheets.
- It is easily accessible for parents and teachers to download the worksheets.
- There are different types of worksheets for kids based on their level of understanding.
Osmo also provides a wide range of Christmas Crafts for Kids for the benefit of children. To get more information, explore related articles on rhyming words worksheet, alphabetical order worksheets, 5 senses worksheets and body parts worksheets here.
Frequently Asked Questions on Months Of The Year Printables
What are the Months of the Year Printables?
Some of the months of the year printables are January, February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November and December. You can introduce kids to these months of the year printables in a simple and entertaining way.
What are the list of Months of the Year Printables?
The list of Months of the Year Printables are answering the questions such as what comes after and before, tracing the Months of the Year Printables, etc.
How to teach Months of the Year Printables?
You can teach these Months of the Year Printables by singing March song along with the kids, teaching the months of the year vocabulary and playing games in a fun way.