Math Puzzles Problem Solving for Kids
You will find two types of students – the ones who love Mathematics and the others who feel dreaded by it!
To ensure that your kid falls in the first category, learning through games and Math riddles can be of great help.
We are here with some amazing and simple Math puzzles for kids to challenge them.
Mathematics puzzles for kids
- There are 2 kids on a bus. Each kid has a backpack having one cat each. There is a driver and a conductor on the bus. How many legs are there in total?
- Sharon has more than two birds at home. All the birds are sparrows except for two. All of them are peacocks except for two. All of them are woodpeckers, except for two. How many birds does Sharon have and which ones?
- The total cost of a pen and a notebook is $200. The cost of the notebook is $150 more than the cost of the pen. What is the cost of the pen?
- There are 5 pages in a book. Each page has 2 paragraphs, and each paragraph has 10 words. How many words are there in the book?
Math Riddles Answers:
- 16 legs (Legs of 2 kids = 4, Legs of 2 cats = 8, Legs of the driver = 2, Legs of the conductor = 2)
- Three birds! (1 sparrow, 1 peacock and 1 woodpecker)
- $25 (Cost of pen + Cost of notebook = $200;
Cost of pen + ($150 + Cost of pen) = $200
Thus, Cost of pen = $25)
There are 100 words in the book. (5 x 2 x 10 = 100 words)
Every page has 2 paragraphs with 10 words each,
so, the total number of words per page = 10 words + 10 words = 20 words
Thus, 5 pages will have 5 x 20 words i.e. 100 words.)
Visit the link, for more math riddles for kids.
What will be the next number in the sequence?
- 2, 4, 6, 8, 10, _
- 1, 3, 9, 27, _
- 1, 2, 3, 5, 8, _
- 9, 12, 15, 18, 21, _
- 7, 12, 17, 22, 27, _
- 12, 10, 8, 6, _
- , 2, 4, 8, 16, _
- 25, 22, 19, 16, _
- 5, 9, 13, 17, _
- 30, 26, 22, 18, _
Number Series Puzzles Answers:
- 12 (Every next number is 2 more than the previous number)
- 81 (Every next number is 3 times the previous number)
- 13 (Every next number is the sum of the previous two numbers)
- 24 (Every next number is 3 more than the previous number)
- 32 (Every next number is 5 more than the previous number)
- 4 (Every next number is 2 less than the previous number)
- 32 (Every next number is 2 times the previous number)
- 13 (Every number is 3 less than the previous number)
- 21 (Every next number is 4 more than the previous number)
- 14 (Every next number is 4 less than the previous number)
DIY Math Puzzles
- Crossword Puzzles
- Picture Puzzles
- How Many?
- Connect the Dots
You can create Math Crossword Puzzles for kids by assigning a box number to each of the boxes in the puzzle and writing an equation for every box below it.
For instance, the first box will have the answer to the equation: 2 + 8 = _
The second box will have the answer to the equation: 7 * 2 = _
The third box will have the answer to the equation: 4 – 2 = _
So on and so forth!
Create a fun DIY Math picture puzzle by making lots of balloons and writing a number in each of the balloons like 18, 4, 27, 15, 1, 0, 32, 14, 7.
Give Instructions: Cross the numbers that are multiples of 3.
Cross the numbers that are multiples of 2.Ask: What numbers remain?
Ask: What numbers remain?
The answer will be: 1, 0 and 7.
In this, you can draw simple structures and ask your little one to find out the number of squares, triangles, etc. in the structure.
(a) You can create a 3 x 3 square (like the image given below) and ask kids to find out how many squares there are in total:
Answer: 14 squares
(b) You can create the following figure and ask kids how many triangles there are in the figure:
Answer: 16 triangles
Here, kids have to connect all the dots using four straight lines and without lifting the pencils.
Answer: Just some out-of-the-box thinking and you have the answer!