40 funny math puns guaranteed to make your kids laugh
Math is not something that’s on top of a kid’s to-do list for the day. If possible, they’ll always find ways to wriggle out of a math lesson. If you ask your child, they can think of 100 more entertaining things to do or play than spend an hour learning math! But learning math is necessary. So, how do you entice your child to learn the subject?
The answer is simple, you need to make math more entertaining. Kids love playtime because it’s fun and entertaining. If math can be as fun and entertaining as playing, no kid will say no to learning math. The best way to do it is by sharing some funny math puns for kids. These math puns are so hilarious it’s sure to “arithme-tickle” (get it?) their funny bone!
A good laugh is exactly what the math doctor ordered.
According to several researchers, laughter is the best medicine to reduce anxiety. It also helps boost participation, to learn new things and motivates people. Puns are a great way to lighten up even the most boring of classes. These funny math puns will have your little one in a fit of giggles and math won’t seem so boring anymore. Additionally, math puns while being funny will also help them learn a few skills along the way.
Puns are jokes that make a play on words. It exploits words with the same meaning or similar sounding words for a humorous effect. So in addition to math skills, your child will pick up some language skills too. So that’s two birds with one stone! These math puns will also help you check your child’s understanding of various math topics they’re learning in school. So if they’re having trouble understanding the punchline, you can identify the problem areas and help your child work through them.
40 Funny math puns for kids
These 40 best math puns are proof that learning math can never be boring. Whether you’re looking for arithmetic, algebra or geometry puns, odds are we’ve got you covered. Here’s a round of kid-friendly comedy gold that will keep your child in splits during their math lesson. And before long, your child will look forward to math classes. Let’s check out some hilarious math puns, shall we?
- Why do plants hate math?
Answer: It gives them square roots!
- What did the triangle say to the circle?
Answer: You’re pointless!
- Why was 6 afraid of 7?
Answer: Because 7, 8, 9 (7 ate 9)!
- Why was the math book depressed?
Answer: It had too many problems!
- Alice was served a glass of water with 8 cubes of ice. But she doesn’t want to drink it. Why? Answer: It’s too cubed!
- Why did all the monsters in the class fail the math test?
Answer: They aren’t all Count Dracula!
- Which king loved fractions?
Answer: Henry the eighth.
- Why did the two fours skip lunch?
Answer: Because they already 8!
- What is the butterfly’s favorite subject in school?
- Where did the math teachers go on vacation?
Answer: To Times Square!
- What did the calculator say to the student?
Answer: You can always count on me!
- What do you call a bunch of friends who love math?
- Which snakes are good at math?
- What do you call the number 5 and the number 3 when they go out on a date?
Answer: The odd couple!
- Why is the obtuse triangle always upset?
Answer: Because it’s never right!
- What do you call people who like tractors?
- Why was the fraction worried about marrying the decimal?
Answer: Because he would have to convert!
- Who’s the king of the pencil case?
Answer: The ruler!
- Why did Sammy do only half of his homework?
Answer: He wanted to show his teacher how good he was at fractions!
- Why should you never talk to Pi?
Answer: Because he will go on and on forever!
- How do you ask a mathematician on a date?
Answer: Using a-cute angle!
- What are ten things you can always count on?
Answer: Your fingers!
- Why did the square and rectangle not talk to the circle?
Answer: Because there was no point!
- Why was Jon doing his multiplication sums on the floor?
Answer: His mom had told him not to use the tables!
- Shep, the sheepdog chased all the sheep into the pen. He told the farmer “All 40 accounted for.” “But,” the farmer said, “ I only have 38 sheep, How did you get 40?”
Answer: Shep said, “ Yep, I rounded them up!”
- A triangle and square went for the basketball team’s tryouts, but only the triangle got in. Why?
Answer: They wanted only 3-pointers!
- What is a bird’s favorite type of math?
- What’s the math teacher’s favorite season?
- Why can you never trust 2 people holding graph papers?
Answer: They’re definitely plotting something!
- What do you call a number that can’t keep still?
Answer: A roamin’ numeral! numeral!
- How do you make seven an even number?
Answer: Just remove the “s”!
- Why did seven eat nine? Answer: Because you should eat 3 squared meals a day!
- What did one math book say to the other? Answer: Don’t bother me! I’ve got my own problems.
- Why did the girl always wear glasses during math class? Answer: To improve di-vision!
- What do you get when you divide the circumference of Jack-o-Lantern by its diameter? Answer: Pumpkin Pi!
- What do you call a man who spent all summer at the beach? Answer: A tan-gent!
- What do you get when you cross geometry with McDonald’s? Answer: A plane cheeseburger!
- What did the witch doctor say when she finally removed the curse on Molly? Answer: Hexagon!
- What’s the one shape you should avoid at all costs? Answer: A TRAP-ezoid!
- What’s a math teacher’s favorite kind of tree? Answer: Geometry!
Do you know any math puns that aren’t included here? Learning math won’t be a drag anymore. Your kids will get a kick out of these amazing math puns and they’ll readily agree to math lessons.
Frequently Asked Questions on 40 Funny Math Puns For Kids
What are some of the Funny Math Puns For Kids?
Some of the Funny Math Puns For Kids are which reptiles are good at math? Where did math professors take a break? Which sovereign loved fractions? Why do trees hate math?, etc.
What are the most commonly used Funny Math Puns For Kids?
The most commonly used Funny Math Puns For Kids are why was six scared of seven? Why did both the Fours skip lunch? Who is the leader of the pencil case?, etc.