Easy Math Fact Practice Games For Kids
If you’re hoping to improve your little one’s math skills, it is important that you help them build a strong foundation in the subject. A great way to do that is by conducting simple math fact games for kids. You can provide opportunities to play math fact practice games for kids in order to upgrade their mathematical skills in an effective way. Moreover, conducting math games for kids will add value to their learning experience.
Kids start learning math right from the time they start speaking in the form of numbers. And, gradually move on to learning addition, subtraction and multiplication for solving math problems in the future. However, you need to make an effort to teach math fact games for kids to understand the basic right from the beginning. There are many dice and card games to practice math facts. These math activities will encourage learning and understanding of the concepts more clearly. Let us explore some of the math fact drill games for kids.
Fun And Engaging Games To Memorize Math Facts
Interesting and innovative math fact games to build fluency in learning math. These facts will help kids to analyse and come up with logical solutions for the mathematical problems. However, you can create and design math games to learn addition facts and other concepts in a creative way. Moreover, math card games are extremely helpful in teaching basic facts to the kids. Let us explore some of the math fact practice games for kids mentioned below:
List Of Math Fact Games For Kids
- Speed Racers – Math Fact Games for Odd & Even Numbers: Here’s one of the best math fact games to help kids identify odd and even numbers. All you need is a deck of cards for this game. To begin with, distribute a certain set of cards to each child. Then, while the cards are facing down, kids draw them one at a time and sort them into two categories – odd and even. The fastest to sort their cards in this manner wins the title of the Speed Racer. Remember, if the proclaimed winner hasn’t seemed to have identified the odd and even number properly, they lose their title and the opponent gets the chance to win.
- Flashlight Tag – Best Math Fact Fluency Games: The perfect math facts games are those that make learning fun! Here’s one of the best games to memorize math facts and learn them with ease. Use chalk to write down various numbers on the board. Then, pose several math problems to each child. Kids need to come forward, mentally solve the equation, and then flash their flashlight on the correct answer! Make sure you’ve switched off the lights in the room before you start playing this game.
- Soldier Salute – Math Games to Learn Addition Facts & Subtraction: Math facts games like this are best enjoyed by at least 3 people. To begin with this addition & subtraction card game, you need to assign the role of “Soldier” to 2 people, and “General” to one person. As these 2 soldiers stand side by side and salute the General, they hold a card each to their forehead. The General, being the only one who can see both cards, adds these numbers up and says the sum out loud. Once the sum is said out loud, the soldiers take turns subtracting that number from the number their opponent is holding up, to figure out the number on the card that they’re holding up. Whoever calls out the correct number the fastest gets to keep both cards for that round. For more digital-physical math games to learn addition facts, check out Osmo’s Math Wizard series.
- Coin Toss – Fun Fact Family Math Games: You could enjoy this math fact game with the whole family. Ensure you first arrange two buckets and place them on the floor. Then, divide the family into 2 teams. Next, give each player a bag full of coins. What each of them has to do is toss a coin from their bags and aim it into the bucket assigned to their team. If it goes in, they write the value of the coin on the board. The next player then carries out the same process. If the player’s coin makes it in, they need to add the number on the coin to the existing number on the board. If they miss, they need to subtract the number on the coin from the number on the board.
- Slam Ten – Math Games to Practice Multiplication Facts: Here’s one of the best math games to practice multiplication facts. After an equal amount of cards have been distributed to each player, they need to take turns flipping the cards one at a time. For every card they draw, they need to take turns to multiply that number by 10 and say it aloud. For example, if one player gets a 3 when they flip over their card in the first round, they multiply it by 10 and say 30 aloud. Next, the other player draws another card, say, it’s a 5 (which means 50) and adds that value to the first value. So, 50 + 30 = 80. When the total value reaches numbers like 100, 200, and so on, they slam the card with their hand. The one who slams the quickest gets to keep all the cards.
- Dice War – Dice and Card Games to Practice Math Facts: Imagine math fact games without dice and cards? Roll 3 pairs of dice and arrange them to form the greatest number for each round. Whoever manages to get the highest number wins. You could also draw cards one at a time to form a number. For example, if you draw cards with numbers 3, 2, 5 and the other player draws cards with numbers 5, 4, 5, they are the clear winner. This is a fairly easy dice and card game to practice math facts for kids who are just starting to identify numbers and learn math concepts. It’s also a good way to learn about place value.
Benefits Of Learning Math Fact Games
Some of the benefits of learning math fact practice games are mentioned below:
- Develops mathematical skills.
- Enables kids to solve math problems accurately.
- Develops critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Improves academic performance.
- Boosts confidence and increases concentration level to learn mathematical concepts.
For more kids learning games and activities, check out the rest of our website!
Frequently Asked Questions on Math Facts Games
What Are Math Facts Games?
Math fact games are those games that help little ones learn math in a fun and engaging way. These games help kids understand numbers and their properties, learn counting, addition and subtraction, multiplication and division and other complex math concepts.
What are some of the interesting Math Facts Games?
The interesting and educational math fact games are number counting games, add the cups games, subtract the flies games, multiply the mangoes games, divide the pizzas games, tossing the coin, card games, dice games and many other fact games. When kids play these games they learn some interesting facts about math and would love to learn more.
What Are The Advantages Of Teaching Math Facts Games To Kids?
The advantages of teaching math fact games to kids are improving their mental math skills, helping them excel in their academics, enhancing their problem solving and logical reasoning skills as well as encouraging them to learn more.