Here Is A Complete List Of Words That Start With L To Boost Your Child’s Language Skills
The letter L is the twelfth letter of the English alphabet and makes the sound “/el/.” Most little kids learn the sound of the letter L before they learn words. They often hear words like love, lunch, learn, little etc. This makes it easy for them to learn L words for kids. Teaching words for kids is very crucial to develop their language, reading and writing skills. Use this list of L words for kids to boost your little one’s vocabulary.
Words are the smallest, basic units of language that are necessary for us to read, write and communicate with each other. Children start learning words right from the time they start talking. As they grow older they start learning more and more words by observing the people around them. Building a strong vocabulary for kids is very important and it helps them to get an early start. Teach your kids these L words for kids to boost their language and word skills.
List of L Words For Kids
We’ve compiled a complete list of words that start with L to start off your child’s vocabulary lessons.
Commonly Used L Words For Kids
More Words Starting With The Letter L
- 3 Letter L Words For Kids
- 4 Letter L Words For Kids
- 5 Letter L Words For Kids
- 6 Letter L Words For Kids
- 7 Letter L Words For Kids
3 Letter L Words For Kids
4 Letter L Words For Kids
5 Letter L Words For Kids
6 Letter L Words For Kids
7 Letter L Words For Kids
Activities To Help Kids Learn L Words For Kids
Once your child has learnt the words that start with L, it’s important to ensure they remember them. Little children are easily distracted, especially when it comes to lessons. But when they’re engaged in games and hands-on activities, they participate more eagerly. Additionally, they grasp the concept easily too. Here are some fun activities and games that will ensure that your child remembers these L words for kids.
- Word Games: Word games are one of the most amazing ways to help your child build a vast vocabulary. These games make learning words more interesting and fun for kids. Additionally, kids tend to understand and remember the information they learn while playing games more easily. Play word games like Scrabble and Pictionary with your child using the list of L words for kids. For more fun words, check out Pictionary Words For Kids.
- Reading: One of the best ways to boost a child’s vocabulary is through reading. Kids love to listen to and read stories, so give them stories with words starting with L. As they read, ask them to point out all the L words they hear. Here is a story to help you get started.
Leah The Laughing Lamb
Leah, the little lamb, loved to laugh
She laughed on nice days and days that were rough
She laughed at the sun and she laughed at the moon
She laughed at the good and the bad things too!
So, Leah with the lovely laugh could make friends soon
- Word Puzzles: Word puzzles are a fun way to help children learn new words. Along with their vocabulary, these word puzzles also improve their focus and spelling skills too. Try crossword puzzles for kids and wordsearch puzzles to help your child learn L words for kids in an engaging way.
Osmo has a wide variety of words, worksheets, activities and games that make learning fun and interesting for kids. Check Osmo for more information.
Frequently Asked Questions on L Words For Kids
What are the L Words For Kids?
The L Words For Kids are Learning, Leader, Laughing, Luck, Letters, Lively, Lady, Lighthouse, Lowercase, Landmark, Ladle, Lavender, Little, Lounge, Lightning, Lukewarm, Loophole, Leftovers, Little, Late, etc.
What are the 4 letter L Words For Kids?
The 4 letter L Words For Kids are Like, Long, Look, Line, Live, Late, List, Land, Lack, Loan, Lake, Lady, Laid, Lift, Lied, Loft, Limb, Lazy, Lily, etc.