Converting Improper Fraction to Mixed Number Worksheet
How do you convert improper fraction to mixed numbers? Before that, let us understand what an improper fractions is. An improper fraction implies, ‘A fraction where the numerator is greater than or equal to the denominator.’ Whereas, mixed numbers are the combination of whole numbers along with numerator and denominator. It is essential to introduce children to the improper fractions worksheet. Improper fraction to mixed number worksheets help children in understanding and retaining knowledge that they are learning. Moreover, they support little ones in developing their fine and gross motor skills, logical thinking, reasoning ability and problem-solving skills. Hence, kids find it easy to understand these mathematical concepts when they are engaged in Math Activities.
An improper fraction to mixed number worksheet is an excellent resource for the little learners to grasp and comprehend the fundamentals. Converting improper fractions to mixed number worksheets is a great way to teach conversion of the numbers effectively. During class hours or homeschooling, it is essential to engage the students in some fun learning activities. Thus, involve them in One Minute Games for Kids. Here is a list of mixed numbers and improper fractions worksheets for the children to learn at their own pace given below:
Printable Improper Fraction To Mixed Fraction Worksheets
Here are few converting improper fraction to mixed numbers worksheets mentioned below:
Improper Fraction To Mixed Fraction Worksheets: Learning the concept of improper fraction.
Improper Fraction To Mixed Numbers Worksheet: Marking improper fraction on the number line.
Improper Fraction To Mixed Number Worksheet: Convert improper fraction to mixed numbers on the worksheet.
Improper Fraction To Mixed Numbers: Convert the mixed number to improper fractions on the worksheet.
List Of Mixed Numbers and Improper Fractions Worksheet
A mixed number is a fusion of a fraction and a whole number. It is a known fact that kids usually tend to get confused with fractions and whole numbers. Hence, here is a list of converting mixed numbers and improper fractions worksheets for the benefit of children. Once the kids have learned the basics of improper fractions and mixed numbers, ask them to practice these worksheets regularly. Regular practice helps them to learn quickly and remember. In addition, brain Games for Kids, which is available at Osmo, challenges little minds to solve problems and develop their decision-making skills. Therefore, here are the improper fraction to mixed number worksheets.
Improper Fractions Worksheet For Kids
As explained earlier, an improper fraction is a fraction where the value of the numerator is either more or equal to the value of the denominator. While teaching the concept of improper fractions to the little ones, parents and teachers must explain them with real-time examples. By doing this, children would be able to connect the numbers in their routine. Also, providing them with improper fractions worksheet assists them in learning the mathematical concept. Refer to STEM Education For Kids.
Improper Fractions On A Number Line Worksheet
Fractions on a number line refer to when placing a fraction on the number line, firstly look at the bottom number (denominator). This explains how many spaces are required to divide between each number. For example, suppose a child wants to place ⅝ on the number line. They must first note that it was a proper fraction and goes between 0 and 1. Next, break up the space between 0 and 1 into 8 equal spaces. And, for improper fractions, the method is quite identical. Say, for instance, the improper fraction numbers are 21/8. The first thing to check for is which whole number the fraction is in between. It is vital to provide the kids with worksheets for improper fractions on a number line. Also, refer to the Between Numbers Worksheets.
Improper Fraction to Mixed Number Worksheet
Converting improper fractions to mixed numbers worksheet is an integral part of kids learning. However, kids tend to forget or get confused when they are in the process of learning how to convert improper fractions to mixed numbers. Thus, it is vital to give them the worksheets and help them understand them in an easy method. Here is an example of converting improper fractions to mixed numbers and changing improper fractions to mixed numbers worksheet.
Example: Convert the improper fraction 402/11 to a mixed number.
- Firstly, divide the numerator by the denominator. That is, 402 by 11, which is equal to 36, and the remainder is 6.
- Now, find out the whole number. In this scenario, the whole number is 36. In simple words, the number of times a numerator is divided by the denominator is the whole number.
- Then convert the improper fraction to a mixed number. The remainder is 6, and it is the new numerator, and the denominator remains the same, 11. Hence, the mixed fraction is 36 6/11. Here is the how to convert improper fractions to mixed numbers worksheet for the kids to practice.
Mixed Number to Improper Fraction Worksheet
To change the mixed number to improper fractions, teach the kids to follow the below given steps:
- Multiply the whole number with the denominator.
- Now, add the product to the numerator.
- Then, write the outcome as the new numerator.
Once the kids have learned how to convert mixed numbers to improper fractions, ask them to practice converting mixed numbers to improper fractions worksheet.
Example: Convert 4 ⅗ to an improper fraction.
- Now, multiply the whole number with the denominator. 4 x 5 = 20
- Then, add it to the numerator. 20 + 3 = 23
- Hence, the improper fraction is = 23/5.
Benefits Of Improper Fraction To Mixed Number Worksheet
Some of the benefits of changing improper fractions to mixed numbers worksheet are mentioned below:
- Develops analytical thinking skills: To solve mathematical problems, you need to think and analyze the problem and come up with logical solutions. By practicing improper fraction to mixed number worksheets, kids will be able to develop analytical skills and gain a better understanding of the concepts that they are learning.
- Understanding of the concept: With regular practice converting improper fractions to mixed numbers worksheets, kids will be able to understand the concept in much better ways.
- Applying in real life situations: Learning these concepts will enable the kids to apply the calculations in real life situations. Whenever they need to calculate arithmetic problems or any other concepts that require conversion of improper fractions to mixed numbers, they will be able to easily do it without any difficulty. There are chances that these concepts will help in calculating the bills or any finance related problems easily.
- Develops essential skills: Apart from analytical skills, kids will be able to develop other important skills such as critical thinking, problem solving, spatial awareness, etc. With these skills, the understanding of mathematical concepts becomes easy.
Frequently Asked Questions on Improper Fraction to Mixed Number Worksheet
What are the benefits of Improper Fraction to Mixed Number Worksheet?
The benefits of Improper Fraction to Mixed Number Worksheet are that it develops a understanding skills among children, provides real time experiences and improves analytical skills.
What are the different types of the Improper Fraction to Mixed Number Worksheet?
The different types of Improper Fraction to Mixed Number Worksheet are Improper Fractions Worksheet, Improper Fractions On A Number Line Worksheet, and Improper Fraction to Mixed Number Worksheet.