Enjoy A Mess-Free Playtime With Your Child While Making Kinetic Sand With This Kinetic Sand Recipe
Children all over the world love to play. Playtime is not only fun, but it also helps children learn skills that are necessary for early childhood development. These skills also lay a solid foundation, which helps them learn how to read and write. Additionally, it also helps them learn the basics of science and math and boosts their imagination, problem-solving skills and fine motor skills. Sand is one of the things that kids love to play with the most. Make playtime more interesting by helping your child learn how to make kinetic sand.
What is Kinetic Sand?
Before we learn how to make kinetic sand, let’s learn what kinetic sand is. It is regular sand, which is coated with silicon oil. It looks like normal wet sand and can be molded into different shapes, but it doesn’t stick to your fingers. The colorful kinetic sand is a great sensory toy, which makes for hours of fun playtime. Additionally, playing with and molding the sand into different shapes is a great stress reliever too.
Did you know that you can make kinetic sand at home? Learn how to make kinetic sand at home with these two easy recipes.
Kinetic Sand Recipe
Here is an easy recipe for homemade kinetic sand with simple and inexpensive ingredients. Help your child learn how to make kinetic sand with simple ingredients that are easily available in your kitchen. DIY Kinetic sand is one of the best activities for children at home, just ensure they do the activity with adult supervision. Follow these simple steps to make your own homemade kinetic sand.
Ingredients You Need To Make Kinetic Sand
- 1 cup Fine Sand
- 2 teaspoons Cornstarch
- 5-7 drops of Food Colouring
- 1 teaspoon clear hand Soap
- 2 teaspoons Water
- Mixing Bowl
- Measuring Cup
- Measuring spoon
Directions For How To Make Kinetic Sand At Home
- Step 1: Pour the sand into a mixing bowl. Add the cornstarch into the bowl. Mix both cornstarch and sand well and put it aside.
- Step 2: In a small bowl, mix together the water and the clear hand soap.
- Step 3: Add 5 – 7 drops of food colouring to the solution and mix until well.
- Step 4: Now pour the colored liquid into the sand mixture and mix well until all the sand is evenly colored.
- Step 5: If you find the sand is too gritty, you can add an extra teaspoon of water until you feel it’s the right consistency.
- Step 6: Now, your kinetic sand is ready to play with. Have fun playing with the sand that moves.
How To Make Kinetic Sand Without Sand
Can you make kinetic sand without sand? Here is how you can make homemade Kinetic sand without sand.
- 8 cups of all purpose flour
- 1 cup of baby oil
- 5-7 drops of food coloring
- Add the oil into a small bowl and the food coloring into it. Stir well until all the color is mixed in.
- Add the flour into a large mixing bowl. Now add the colored baby oil and mix it well until you have a colored, gritty and sandy mixture.
- Your homemade kinetic sand without sand is ready to play with.
How To Store Kinetic Sand?
One of the greatest advantages of kinetic sand is that it is mess free and doesn’t dry out. Store your kinetic sand in a clean, resealable container. Even if it dries out a bit, just add a few drops of water and mix it thoroughly to moisten it.
Benefits Of Playing With Kinetic Sand
Kinetic sand is a great sensory toy for little children. Playing with it has extraordinary benefits that boosts your kids learning. Here is how playing with kinetic sand helps children.
- Physical development: Sensory toys like kinetic sand help in their physical development, especially their fine motor skills. As they grasp the sand in their fist, squish it, mold it and play with it, they’re strengthening their muscles. Sand play also develops the child’s dexterity and hand-eye coordination
- Creativity: As they play with kinetic sand, children mold it into new shapes and create new things. This boosts their creativity and imagination and it also boosts self-expression.
- Cognitive skills: Playing with sand gets kids thinking, as they mold and shape the sand they also develop problem solving skills. Playing in sand also instills a sense of independence and boosts the child’s confidence.
- Social and emotional skills: Kinetic sand is also a fun toy for group play. As children play with their friends, it boosts their social and emotional skills too. It also is a great way to teach children to share and communicate with each other. Playing with sand is a social activity that requires speaking and listening, which helps develop vocabulary.
DIY kinetic sand is not only a wonderful sensory toy, but it is also a fun science activity for kids too. If your child enjoyed learning how to make kinetic sand, try these fun science experiments for kids.
Frequently Asked Questions on How To Make Kinetic Sand?
How To Make Kinetic Sand?
Making kinetic sand can be fun and one of the most informative activities for the little ones. Firstly, add sand and cornstarch in a bowl and mix them well. Now, mix water and clear the soap and then, few drops of five to seven food coloring to the same solution. Finally, pour the colored solution into the sand mixture and wait until its evenly set. Now, the kinetic sand is ready for the kids to play and understand.
What are the Ingredients You Need To Make Kinetic Sand?
The ingredients that are required for making kinetic sand are 1 cup of sand, 2 teaspoons of Water, Mixing Bowl, Measuring spoon, Measuring cup, 1 teaspoon clear hand Soap and five to seven drops of Food Colouring.
What are the Benefits Of making Kinetic Sand?
The benefits of making Kinetic Sand are that it improves their creative skills, cognitive skills, emotional and social skills and physical development. When kids make kinetic sand, they eventually develop their memory power and concentration levels.