An igloo is a house for Eskimos in the central Arctic and Greenland regions of Earth. It is basically made up of compressed snow or ice. Living in an igloo helps people feel warmer compared to the outside temperatures. You can teach kids about igloos and how people reside in such shelters through drawing. Learning drawing for kids enables them to understand and retain the information you want them to learn faster. To help them learn to draw effectively, you can teach stepwise instructions on how to draw an igloo on paper. These instructions help children develop their artistic and drawing skills effectively.
Step-by-Step Drawing Tutorial of an Igloo
Drawing an igloo is not that difficult as you need to simply follow the instructions systematically. Kids need to read the instructions carefully and apply them on paper to create perfect illustrations of an igloo. Besides encouraging children to practice pattern coloring pages, you can also teach kids how to draw igloos. Learning different patterns and designs helps children to draw any shape perfectly. Therefore, you can follow the step-by-step drawing tutorial to teach kids how to draw an igloo creatively on a sheet of paper.
What You’ll Need?
- A drawing paper
- A pencil and an eraser
- Coloring tools
Easy Stepwise Instructions on How to Draw an Igloo
The simple step-by-step drawing tutorial on how to draw an igloo for kids is given below.
- Step 1: Draw a dome-shaped semicircle on paper to give the appearance of the igloo’s roof.
- Step 2: Draw a straight line from one end of an arc to the other end to give the appearance of a floor.
- Step 3: Draw a small inverted U-shaped structure above the floor to give the appearance of a door.
- Step 4: Draw another inverted U-shaped arc below the first arc for the igloo’s door.
- Step 5: Draw a rectangle-shaped structure extending from the inverted U-shaped structure to give the appearance of the entrance of the igloo.
- Step 6: Draw multiple horizontal lines on the dome-shaped structure.
- Step 7: Draw vertical lines above the horizontal lines to give the appearance of a plaid pattern.
- Step 8: Draw similar plaid patterns on the entrance of the igloo.
- Step 9: Finally, color the illustration of the igloo to make it look visually appealing.
Free Printable Igloo Drawing Tutorial for Kids
Learning to draw an igloo helps children learn about the structure and interesting facts about them. An igloo is basically made with compressed snow. People use these blocks of snow to make a dome-like structure for them to live in extreme climate conditions. Therefore, you can teach more about the architecture of an igloo and how people reside in these types of snow huts through drawing. You can enhance their drawing skills by following the stepwise instructions on how to draw an igloo for kids. Hence, you can download a printable drawing tutorial of an igloo for kids given below.
Also, explore lion drawing for kids.
Tips for Learning Igloo Drawing for Kids
A few tips for learning how to draw an igloo for children are mentioned below.
- Start with simple illustrations of an igloo and then gradually move on to the complex structures based on their understanding abilities.
- Encourage children to practice drawing on a regular basis to attain mastery of drawing shapes and patterns on paper effortlessly.
- Show images or videos of an igloo before introducing them to drawing an igloo.
- Engage children in drawing by explaining to them about the igloo and some fun facts associated with it. For example, an igloo is also known as iglu, meaning a house.
- Create a fun learning environment for children while learning drawing.
Also, explore dog drawing for kids.
Benefits of Learning How to Draw an Igloo
The benefits of igloo drawing for kids are mentioned below.
- It increases children’s concentration and confidence while drawing.
- It enables children to understand the igloo and the people who reside in it.
- It develops creativity and visualization skills in children.
- It motivates children to practice more drawing and learn new concepts effectively.
- It develops hand-eye coordination and fine motor skills in children.
We hope this article on how to draw an igloo helps children. You can check out other games, activities, and worksheets on kids learning, worksheets for kids, and holiday activities for kids section at Osmo.
Frequently Asked Questions on How to Draw an Igloo
How to draw an igloo?
Kids can follow stepwise instructions on how to draw an igloo for kids mentioned in this article. They can draw a dome-shaped structure following the tutorial systematically.
What are the benefits of learning how to draw an igloo?
The benefits of learning how to draw an igloo for kids are that it helps them enhance their drawing skills effectively. Besides this, they will learn about the architecture of an igloo and how it is constructed in such cold regions for people to live.