Pizza for little kids is like food of the Gods. If you ask a child what they’d like to eat for dinner, the answer will usually be ice cream or pizza. The tomato sauce covered the baked dough with stringy, melted cheese and toppings is a favorite among children and adults. But eating pizza every day might not be the healthiest food choice for children. So, instead of eating pizza, they can learn how to draw a pizza!
Learning how to draw a pizza is one of the most fun art activities for kids. Along with being fun, this activity also improves their imagination, creativity and fine motor skills. Here is a step-by-step guide to teach your child how to draw a pizza:
- Things You’ll Need to Draw a Pizza
- Step-by-step Instructions to Draw Pizza
- Video on How to Draw Pizza
- Other Ways to Draw a Pizza
- Benefits of Learning How to Draw Pizza
- Frequently Asked Questions on How to Draw Pizza
Things You’ll Need to Draw a Pizza
Here is a list of things you’ll need to draw a pizza:
- Yellow, green, brown and red Coloring pens
Step-by-step Instructions to Draw Pizza
Follow these simple instructions to learn how to draw a pizza.
- Step 1: On a piece of paper, draw a large circle. It doesn’t have to be a perfect circle. But, if you want a perfectly circular pizza, you can use a compass or a large lid to trace a perfect circle.
- Step 2: Now, draw a slightly smaller circle just inside the large circle. This is the crust. You can make it slightly uneven to make your pizza appear rustic. Color the inside of the pizza yellow to represent cheese. And color the crust using the brown-colored pen.
- Step 3: Now, draw smaller circles inside all over the pizza. These are pepperoni slices. Color the pepperoni slices red.
- Step 4: Draw other toppings of your choice like mushrooms, corn etc. Color them too.
- Step 5: Using the marker, draw eyes and a smile for a cute little smiling pizza. Your cute drawing of a pizza is ready.
Video on How to Draw Pizza
Still need help to draw a pizza. Here is a video with easy to follow instructions:
Other Ways to Draw a Pizza
Looking for other ways to draw a pizza? Then draw just a slice of pizza using these simple step-by-step instructions:
- Step 1: Draw a large triangle on a sheet of paper. Now draw a slightly smaller triangle inside. Color the smaller triangle yellow and the larger triangle brown.
- Step 2: Draw small circles inside the smaller triangle. These are your pepperoni slices. Color them using orange or red-colored pens.
- Step 3:Draw tiny circles in between these larger circles. Color them green to show peppers.
- Step 4: You can draw any other toppings of your choice and color them.
- Step 5: Your drawing of a pizza slice is ready.
Benefits of Learning How to Draw a Pizza
Learning how to draw a pizza is a wonderful activity for kids. These activities, which involve coloring, drawing and painting for kids have a lot of benefits. Here are some benefits of helping your child learn how to draw a pizza:
- This activity is a great tool to help children learn about different geometric shapes like circles and triangles. It also helps them learn how to draw these shapes. Check out these shape games for kids to help them learn about different shapes.
- Drawing and coloring activities improve the child’s fine motor skills like hand-eye coordination.
- It enhances their drawing and coloring skills.
- It boosts their imagination and creativity.
- It is also a therapeutic activity and helps children relax.
- Drawing and coloring activities also enhance the child’s patience, perseverance, focus and concentration.
We hope you and your child found these instructions to draw a pizza useful. For more activities, games and worksheets that make learning fun, check our kids learning section.
Frequently Asked Questions on How to Draw Pizza
What is a pizza?
A pizza is a delicious Italian dish made out of flattened dough that is baked with tomato sauce, cheese and toppings.
How do you draw a pizza?
Drawing a pizza is very easy. All you need to do is draw a slightly smaller circle within a larger one. Draw whatever toppings you want on the inner circle like mushrooms, pepperoni, peppers etc. Finally, color the pizza as you want.
How does learning to draw a pizza help children?
Learning how to draw a pizza helps children improve their fine motor skills, hand-eye coordination, focus, concentration, patience and shape recognition skills. It also boosts their imagination, creativity and artistic skills.