Best Gifts Ideas for 6 Year Olds
At 6, your little one is just starting first grade, which is a major milestone. At this age, they’re transitioning from a purely play-based atmosphere to a more learning and work-based one. They’re more aware of their surroundings, more social and understand the importance of friendship, sharing and group play. Choosing gifts for 6 year olds can be challenging, because you’ll need to pick something that challenges them physically and mentally. To make your job easier, we’ve compiled a list of some unique gifts for 6 year olds.
The Best Gifts for 6 Year Olds
Children learn through games and play. The perfect gifts for kids this age are those that help them learn while playing. It should spark their curiosity and creativity, enhance their growth and development and love of learning. So, the best gifts for 6 year olds are educational gifts that help them discover and learn on their own. Here is a list of some of the best gifts you can give to a 6 year old.
List of Gifts for 6 Year Olds
- Osmo Monster: 6 year olds are very creative and artistic. Osmo Monster is a great gift for 6 year olds to explore their artistic abilities. The kit includes a drawing board and markers, which the kids use to draw different shapes on the drawing board. Mo the monster, who helps kids navigate adventures on screen, animates their drawings and makes them come alive on screen. The kit also includes two other Osmo games, Newton and Masterpiece, which also enhance the child’s learning. Check out these drawing games for kids.
- Building Blocks: 6 year olds are bursting with energy and are very creative. Channel their energy in the right direction by giving them a set of building blocks or Lego. As they build new structures with the blocks, it develops their fine motor skills, creativity and thinking skills.
- Osmo Pizza Co.: Osmo’s Pizza Co. is a really fun game that gives kids an unmatched experience of running a pizza place. Kids get to interact with customers on screen, sell pizza, collect money and return the change. This game teaches children entrepreneurship, math skills and enhances their verbal and non-verbal communication skills. Sharpen your 6 year olds math skills with these math games for grade 1.
- School accessories: Starting first grade is a major milestone and needs to be celebrated. Give your little ones accessories for school to make their first day more special. Things like school bags, water bottles, lunch boxes etc make cool gifts for 6 year olds.
- Detective Agency: Osmo’s Detective agency is the perfect gift for a 6 year old who loves solving mysteries. The game takes the kids to different countries around the world as they solve mysteries. Kids get to learn about geography and different cultures around the world. Additionally, it also teaches them to pay attention to the details and be observant.
- Toy cars and motorbikes: Toy cars and motorbikes are wonderful gifts for 6 year olds. Riding these toy vehicles around the house boosts their fine motor skills and also helps them indulge in pretend play.
- Osmo Super Studio Disney Frozen 2: Most kids love Disney characters. In this game, kids get to draw their favorite Disney characters and stories in a sketchbook. The game animates the child’s drawings and makes them come alive on the screen. These art activities for kids are a great way to enhance the child’s creativity and imagination.
- Dolls and dollhouses: Children love dolls, especially little girls. They love to play with dolls and dollhouses, dress them up, brush their hair and decorate their dollhouses. These toys encourage pretend play and help children play as a group too.
- Genius Tangram: This fun game by Osmo is a great gift for 6 year olds. The kids will have to arrange the Tangram tiles to make shapes that match the image on the screen. This interactive puzzle game for kids enhances their visual and spatial awareness, thinking skills and problem-solving skills. Additionally, it helps htem learn about different shapes, which sets a proper foundation for geometry learning. Also, check out these shape games for kids to help your little ones learn about shapes.
- Sports equipment: 6 year olds are very energetic creatures and love playing outdoors. If your little one is a fan of sports, then give them sports equiment like a soccer ball, basketball, baseball kit etc. This will encourage them to play outdoors and also gets in some physical exercise.
- Genius Words: This classic game by Osmo is a wonderful gift for a 6 year old. The game helps kids learn new words and expand their vocabulary. Check out words for kids to help your learn new words.
- Drawing and coloring kit: If your kid loves to draw and paint, there is no better gift than a drawing and coloring kit. These kits include a drawing book, pencils, colors (crayons or paints) etc to boost your child’s artistic skills.
- Genius Numbers: Osmo’s Genius Numbers is the one of the best gifts for 6 year olds because it makes math learning fun. Kids get to learn math concepts like number recognition, counting, addition, subtraction and multiplication through interactive games. So, remove math anxiety and make little kids learn to love math by gifting them this game. Check out these number worksheets to help your little ones learn the numbers.
- Globe: A globe is a wonderful gift for a 6 year old. Not only is it fun but its a great tool to help your child learn geography.
- DIY craft kits: If your little one loves crafting, give them DIY crafting kits like jewelry kits, bedazzling kits, sewing kits etc. These crafts for kids are a great way to enhance the child’s creativity, imagination and fine motor skills.
- Science experiment kit: Science is one of the most important subjects we learn in school. Introducing little kids to science from an early age through experiment kits helps develop a lifelong love of science. It also makes learning a lot more fun and easier. Check out these fun science experiments for kids.
- Robot building kit: If your child loves robots, they’re sure to love a robot building kit. This kot helps the child build a robot on their own. Along with boosting their creativity and imagination, this tech-savvy gift also boosts your child’s fine motor skills.
- Camera: If your little one is a phtography enthusiast, give them a camera. A camera is a wonderful gift for little kids, which helps them record their favorite memories.
- Board Games: 6 year olds are social creatures and love group play. Board games are one of the best gifts for 6 year olds. It teaches them to share, improves their communication skills, focus, thinking skills and teamwork.
- Osmo Coding Starter Kit: Osmo’s Coding Starter kit is one of the best STEM gifts for 6 year olds. Introduce your little one to coding with Awbie, who’ll help your little one learn to code as they navigate the game. Check out these fun coding games for kids that introduce kids to coding in a fun and engaging way.
We hope this list of gifts for 6 year olds was useful. But bear in mind, your child’s interests, needs and wants should be taken into consideration before you choose a gift for them. Additionally, the gift should be useful. It should expand the child’s horizons and aid in their growth and development. For more gift ideas, activities, games and worksheets, check our kids learning section.
Frequently Asked Questions on Gifts for 6 Year Olds
What are some of the Play Osmo Gifts for 6 Year Olds?
Some of the Play Osmo Gifts for 6 Year Olds are Osmo’s pizza and co., monster, Osmo’s super studio Disney frozen 2, genius words, genius numbers, and genius tangram.
What are a few general Gifts for 6 Year Olds?
Few general Gifts for 6 Year Olds are building blocks, soft animal toys, coloring books and color pencils, toy cars, trains and motorbikes, Barbie dolls and sports equipment.