Best Gifts for 5 Year Olds
Unique Gifts Ideas for 5 Year Olds
Looking for the best gifts for 5 year olds? At 5 years, your little one is moving into big kid territory. They’ve just started kindergarten, they’re more social and make friends easily. They also love playing with their friends and love playing games that involve group play. They are also very choosy and particular about what they want. So, choosing the perfect gift for kids can be quite tough and confusing. But don’t worry, we’ve got you covered. We’ve compiled a list of some great gifts for 5 year olds.
Top Gifts for 5 year olds
This list includes both conventional and unconventional gifts for 5 year old children that will bring a smile to their faces.
List of Conventional Gifts for 5 Year Old
Here is a list of conventional gifts for 5 year olds. Be it a boy or a girl, they’ll definitely love one of these gifts.
- Modelling Clay for Kids: Modelling clay is a wonderful gift for a 5 year old child. Not only is it fun, but it’s a great tool to boost your child’s creativity and imagination. Additionally, all the pinching, kneading and rolling is a great way to develop the child’s muscles and fine motor skills.
- Cars and Race Track: Most little kids love playing with toy cars. They love racing the toy cars all over the house and indulge in hours of pretend play. A car and racetrack set is a great gift for a 5 year old to enhance their imagination and creativity.
- Marble Run toys: Marbles are a favorite among little kids, especially little boys. So, they’ll surely love receiving marble run toys as gifts. This classic toy is not only fun, but also introduces the child to the concept of gravity. This is one of the best gifts for 5 year olds because it’s the perfect mix of educational value and fun.
- Board Games: 5 year old kids love group play, so they’ll love playing simple board games. Board games are wonderful gifts for 5 year olds because it helps them learn several skills. For example, it boosts their communication skills, focus, memory and enhances social skills.
- Coloring and Painting Kit: 5 year olds love drawing and coloring like every other child. So, coloring and painting kits make wonderful gifts to let their creativity and imagination flow. Check out these drawing games for kids to make drawing more fun and engaging.
- Baseball Kit: If your little one loves baseball, then a baseball kit is a great gift for them. Additionally, physical activities like baseball and other sports are a great way to exercise and burn off some of their energy.
- Night Light: Help your little one sleep better at night with sweet dreams by gifting them a night light. A fun night light with their favorite characters will make a perfect gift for your 5 year old.
- Fort/tent Kit: Little kids love building a tent or fort and playing in it with their toys and friends. Gifting them a fort or tent kit is a great way to make playtime fun and boost their imagination.
List of Educational Gifts for 5 Year Olds
Conventional or traditional gifts are great fun but educational gifts for kids like STEM toys help them learn basic skills. Children are very sharp and can grasp things quickly. Educational toys ensure that kids learn useful skills and lessons that are important for their growth and development. Additionally, kids tend to discard most toys when they get tired or bored of them. But educational gifts last longer and are more useful. Here are a few unique and cool educational gifts for 5 year olds.
- Children’s books: Books are great gifts for 5 year olds. Children’s books are visually appealing and easy to read. In addition to being fun, books are a great way to introduce children to words for kids. Learning new words expands their vocabulary and improves their reading and communication skills.
- Balancing Games like Jenga: Be it adults or kids, everyone loves playing Jenga. Balancing games like Jenga helps refine the child’s fine motor skills, understanding of balance and problem-solving skills.
- Treehouse Kit: Treehouse kits are a great way to teach kids about building and construction. As they build the treehouse, it improves their thinking skills, reasoning skills, problem solving skills and creativity.
- OSMO Tangram: Tangram is a super fun game, where kids use tangible tiles to create the shapes that match the shapes on-screen. They get to make animals, numbers and much more using Tangram tiles. This game is a great way to teach children about different shapes and set a foundation for geometry learning. Check out shape games for kids to help them learn about different shapes.
- OSMO Numbers: This classic Osmo game is one of the best gifts for 5 year olds because they’re just starting school. Osmo Numbers helps kids learn to identify numbers and also teaches them how to count. Additionally, they get to learn mathematical concepts like addition, subtraction and multiplication.
- OSMO Words: OSMO’s Words are all about identifying the image on the screen and spelling it by moving tangible letters. It is a brilliant way to memorize the spellings of different words in the English language. This is one of the best gifts for 5 year olds, which expands their vocabulary and enhances their spelling skills. Check out these spelling activities to help kids learn how to spell easily.
- OSMO Newton: Make learning physics and problem-solving fun with this amazing gift for 5 year olds. Kids get to solve puzzles by drawing lines or placing them in front of their OSMO screen.
- OSMO Masterpiece: Osmo’s Masterpiece is one of the best gifts for 5 year olds who love to draw. As kids draw, their drawings get animated and come alive on screen. This game is a great way to boost their creativity and imagination and also enhances their artistic skills.
- OSMO Monster: This amazing game by OSMO works wonders to develop the child’s creativity and imagination. Children get to draw different things using a board and markers. Then, whatever they draw is animated on the screen.
- OSMO Coding Starter Kit: This wonderful STEM toy is one of the most unique gifts for 5 year olds. The coding starter kit helps little kids learn how to code with Awbie, the animated character. Kids learn to code by connecting blocks in the physical world to navigate adventures on screen. Check out these coding games for kids.
- OSMO Math Buzz: Math Buzz is a great gift for 5 year olds to help them learn math in a fun and engaging way. This game involves solving mathematical equations to collect honey in the garden and getting past the unfriendly bugs. Children get to learn and practice various mathematical operations like addition, multiplication and subtractions through this game. Check out these math addition games for kids.
- OSMO Pizza Co.: Pizza Co. is one of the best hands-on learning games for children, which helps improve their calculation skills. In this game, kids get to run their own pizza shop, cook pizza, toppings and sell them. This game helps kids pick up non-verbal communication cues and enhances addition, subtraction and multiplication skills as they calculate money. In addition to this, the game also teaches kids entrepreneurship.
- OSMO Detective Agency: This game offers kids the experience of becoming a detective. From visiting some of the most famous cities to inspecting clues using magnifying glasses, this game has it all! This is one of the best games for 5 year olds who love exploring and solving mysteries.
We hope this list of gifts for 5 year olds was useful. For more gift ideas, activities, games and worksheets to make learning fun, check our kids learning section.
Frequently Asked Questions on Best Gifts for 5 Year Olds
What are some of the classic and Best Gifts for 5 Year Olds?
Some of the classic and Best Gifts for 5 Year Olds are playdough, board games, skating board, soft toys, stuffed animals, coloeing and drawing books, color pencil or crayons sets, basketball, etc.
What are the Best Educational Gifts for 5 Year Olds?
The Best Educational Gifts for 5 Year Olds are comic books, counting and numbering books, coloring books, Osmo’s tangram, Osmo’s super studio Disney Frozen 2, Osmo numbers, etc.